What to watch on Tuesday, December 4...
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
This annual airing of the beloved Rankin/Bass holiday special recently fell under scrutiny when Hermey the Misfit Elf dubbed it “filth” in a controversial interview. He backtracked and apologized the next day, though the Misfit Toys’ Television Council continues to lodge grievances with the network.
A holiday-themed installment lands in a special Tuesday time slot and features a pitch for a service that rents out live Christmas trees. At press time I was still researching whether FCC regulations absolutely mandate that Mark Cuban wear a Santa hat at some point, but I feel pretty confident in stating that they do.
The group plans its holiday party for Dec. 21, which Mr. K believes will mark the end of the world, as predicted by the Mayan calendar. Considering the success NBC has had with Revolution this season, you’ve got to figure the network is kind of hoping he’s right.
Will guest-star Olivia Munn be the one to finally breach Nick’s impregnable citadel of grouchiness? Probably not! Also in tonight's episode: Jess and Winston conspire to install a bathtub in the loft, inspiring New Girl’s crack titling team to dub the offering “Bathtub.”
The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
After Rudolph kicks things off, how better to round out a wholesome evening of TV on the Eye Network than with an hour's worth of scantily clad women cavorting on a runway? Rihanna, Justin Bieber, and Bruno Mars will be on hand as well, though one imagines they’ll stick to musical performances... to the eternal disappointment of everyone who dreams of seeing Bruno Mars strut his stuff in a lycra camisole.
SEASON 5 FINALE, 10pm, FX
Sons of Anarchy
The biker drama wraps up a fifth season that’s rained down tragedy upon SAMCRO and seen its leader sink deeper into violence and moral turpitude. “J’ai Obentu Cette” is probably the show’s last chance to pull off the long-awaited montage of Jax and Clay scored to Taylor Swift’s “We Are Never, Ever Getting Back Together.”
– Amy Poehler, Kevin Pollak, and Ke$ha on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– Dwight Yoakam and guest host Kristin Chenoweth on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– R.A. Dickey on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 11pm, Comedy Central
– Martin Freeman on The Colbert Report, 11:30pm, Comedy Central
– Khloe Kardashian-Odom, Adam Carolla, and Matisyahu on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 11:35pm, NBC
– Matt Damon, Martin Freeman, and JD McPherson on Late Night with David Letterman, 11:35 am, CBS
– David Letterman and Vampire Weekend on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 12am, ABC
– Michael Strahan and Bonnie Raitt on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, 12:37am, NBC
– Reba McEntire and Richie Sambora on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS
WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING TONIGHT?