What to watch on Thursday, February 21...
8pm, The CW
The Vampire Diaries
Elena is in dire shape after the tragedy at Casa de Silas, worrying Caroline. Elsewhere in “Stand by Me,” Bonnie divulges the rest of Shane’s plan, which continues to baffle everyone since it’s the first plan in Mystic Falls history not to spectacularly implode inside of 20 minutes.
A shroud of infamy already hangs over “Conventions of Space and Time,” which threatens to beat Community's show’s long-running Inspector Spacetime gag into the ground, maul it with a riding plow, and then dig up the corpse and pummel it some more. Abed meets his Spacetime-loving pen pal when the gang heads to InspecTiCon, while Annie retires to the hotel to enjoy some Annie-time.
Parks and Recreation
Leslie and Ben follow through on last week’s impromptu realization that February sweeps is the perfect time to tie the knot—though the bar is set pretty high for “Leslie and Ben,” since Parks and Rec already has one flawless wedding episode under its belt. In the second half of tonight’s hour-long visit to Pawnee, Leslie’s prepared speech for a critical event is stolen in “Correspondents’ Lunch.”
Person of Interest
In “Relevance,” the latest POI/thorn in Reese and Finch’s collective side is a supremely skilled government operative who nips terrorist threats in the bud (guest-star Sarah Shahi). Funnily enough, they didn’t even need the Machine to find this one, since she and Reese were like a 97 percent match on OKCupid.
A wealthy philanthropist with a terminal illness believes he was infected on purpose, and turns to Holmes to capture the culprit in “Possibility Two.” Meanwhile, Holmes dispatches Joan to a shady dry cleaners as part of a plan to teach her the ways of deduction. Glad to see a deal’s been reached between the Detective Procedurals’ Association and the Shady Dry Cleaners Local 829.
SEASON 2 FINALE, 10pm, USA
With a merger offer on the table, Harvey and Jessica battle over the future of the firm in “War.” She believes they should join forces with their wealthy British pursuer, while he favors ditching the law practice and revamping as a traveling circus and stage show starring the astonishing prestidigitation of Louis the Stupendous.
“Boom Goes the Dynamite” finds the team trying to spark the love life of a rising political star, while Jake grows determined to snag a date of his own with Olivia. At the White House, Fitz has a hostage crisis on his hands—which, since it’s like the third one on TV in as many days, leads me to strongly consider introducing the What to Watch Tonight Hostage Crisis of the Week.
“A snake bites Archer in a special place,” says FX’s episode summary for “Once Bitten.” What, like the top of the Empire State Building?
– Mila Kunis, Chris Hardwick, and Family of the Year on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– The cast of After Lately on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– Journalist Steven Brill on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 11pm, Comedy Central
– Dancer Lil Buck on The Colbert Report, 11:30pm, Comedy Central
– Arsenio Hall and Tristan Prettyman on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 11:35pm, NBC
– Imagine Dragons on Late Show with David Letterman, 11:35pm, CBS
– Kelly Ripa, entrepreneur Elon Musk, and the Mowglis on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 11:35pm, ABC
– Stephen Colbert, Anthony Anderson, and James Adomian on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, 12:37am, NBC
– Molly Shannon and Kunal Nayyar on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS
WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING TONIGHT?