What to watch on Tuesday, December 17...
In “Homesick,” the children of military families are afflicted with an unusual illness as the holidays approach. The team tackles the case on two fronts, with Gibbs and company sniffing out the cause while Abby and Jimmy work with the Naval Medical Research Center to identify the virus’s strain.
NCIS: Los Angeles
A senator’s daughter is assaulted in her home in “Merry Evasion.” But is she a random victim, or the target of retribution against her father’s legislative work?
SEASON 5 FINALE, 9pm, NBC
After last night’s final round of performances, the gold medal melody-maker is revealed.
How Sherlock Changed the World
Turns out that fans on Tumblr aren’t the only people who’ve been inspired by Sherlock Holmes. Forensic scientists, profilers, and other brainy crime-fighting types weigh in on the fictional detective’s foresighted M.O. and distinctive impact on real-world investigate methods.
SEASON 2 FINALE, 10pm & 10:30pm, BET
Real Husbands of Hollywood
While Trina tries to land Kevin the gig of Oscar host, he and Selita are the guests of honor at a VIP reception at the Gymboree in “The Bump Stops Here.” Then in “The Harter They Fall,” Jennifer Freeman works her charms on Oliver, and the harvest welcomes Katie Couric, Shaun Robinson, and... the FBI.
Person of Interest
“Lethe” whisks us back to the world of Li’l Finch as he gets into the sorts of wacky scrapes that inspire an adolescent genius to one day construct a literal deus ex machina. In the present day, Reese goes it alone in the wake of the latest HR skirmish.
Could the rapidly accelerating science of genetic engineering one day render us all Supermen and Wonder Women? Or at least bring us on par with your Boosters Gold? Tune in to “How to Be a Superhuman” and find out.
10pm, National Geographic
How to Survive the End of the World
Maybe we should all hope Futurescape is onto something, because apparently Earth is at risk of being pulverized by the one-two punch of a black hole collision and a gargantuan shockwave of volcanic activity. Scientists explain how you and yours can survive such a cataclysmic double whammy, advice that presumably boils down to “be Superman.”
SEASON 1 FINALE, 10pm & 10:30pm, TBS
Trust Me, I’m a Game Show Host
A shoe-store manager and a deputy sheriff are the season’s final two competitors testing the veracity of D.L. Hughley’s and Michael Ian Black’s claims.
SEASON 3 FINALE, 10:30pm, MTV
In the wake of Matty’s bombshell, Jenna does some soul-searching in “Who I Want to Be.” Elsewhere, romantic quandaries roil Sadie and Ming.
– Tom Selleck, Judge Mathis, and Ashanti on The Arsenio Hall Show, Syndicated, check local listings
– Tom Hanks and The Head and The Heart on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– Evangeline Lilly on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– Author Erik Prince on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 11pm, Comedy Central
– Garry Trudeau on The Colbert Report, 11:30pm, Comedy Central
– Olivia Wilde, animal expert Julie Scardina, and Johnny Mathis on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 11:35pm, NBC
– Paul Rudd, Cristin Milioti, Alt-J, and Barbara Walters on Late Show with David Letterman, 11:35pm, CBS
– Mark Wahlberg, Bruce Dern, and Polica on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 11:35pm, ABC
– Alyssa Milano and Wilford Brimley on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS
WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING TONIGHT?