What to watch on Tuesday, September 10...
The series’ first profile of a sports figure spotlights Billie Jean King, who knows a thing or two about blazing trails. The tennis star who won 39 Grand Slam titles shares tales from her career, her famous “Battle of the Sexes” win over Bobby Riggs in 1973, and her efforts to launch initiatives like the Women’s Tennis Association, the Women’s Sports Foundation, and Women’s Sports Magazine.
SEASON 10 FINALE, 8pm, Fox
So You Think You Can Dance
Don’t forget which male and female winner are takin’ you home, and in whose arms you’re gonna be—so darlin’, save the last dance for them. Adam Shankman, tWitch, and Paula Abdul guest-judge. (Programming note: The finale will break at 9pm ET for President Obama's address, then resume upon its conclusion at approximately 10:30pm ET.)
SEASON 4 FINALE, 9pm, TNT
Rizzoli & Isles
“Partners in Crime” presents the squad with a puzzling homicide beset by conflicting evidence: If the victim was shot in the Study, how did he later wind up bludgeoned by a candlestick in the Hall? Meanwhile, Jane and Casey must choose between love and career, and Maura struggles to see the right course of action in the wake of her grandfather’s parole.
Teo’s latest dash of scoundrelry draws Annie to Copenhagen—but can she stop him in time and avoid getting spoiled on the current season of Borgen? Elsewhere in “Hang Wire,” Auggie spots Calder’s true colors, and Arthur retains the best defense counsel in the Beltway.
The unwinding of Pearson Darby Specter is underway in “Bad Faith,” with both sides fighting to keep the bigger chunk of the business. Jessica lets Louis run point on dissolution talks, but Harvey has his own hands full clashing with Scottie once more. Also, too, something about Mike and Rachel’s relationship, I guess.
SEASON 6 PREMIERE, 10pm, FX
Sons of Anarchy
The 90-minute “Straw” finds Jax striving to slay the demons of SAMCRO’s past and shepherd the club into more honest lines of work. Before you scoff, you should know that Tig’s handcrafted oven mitts sell like gangbusters at the Charming farmer’s market.
Fiona’s designs for Sylvie backfire, Austen’s baby is bound for the world, and Nick makes a startling discovery about his chief online gambling rival in “Husband Hunting.” Meanwhile, the mystery woman phones again—and she knows more than a few intimate details about Fiona.
SEASON 2 PREMIERE, 12:30am, Cartoon Network
The Heart, She Holler
Hurlan is in the catbird seat in “Begend the Endginning” when he judges a pageant in which both Hurshe and Hambrosia are vying for the crown.
– Ice Cube, Lisa Kudrow, and Mac Miller on The Arsenio Hall Show, Syndicated, check local listings
– Simon Pegg, Martin Riese, and Local Natives on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– Maria Sharapova on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– TBD on Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell, 11pm, FXX
– Author and journalist Bill Dedman on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 11pm, Comedy Central
– Shane Salerno on The Colbert Report, 11:30pm, Comedy Central
– Rose Byrne, Donny Deutsch, and Jennifer Nettles on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 11:35pm, NBC
– Billy Crystal and Sheryl Crow on Late Show with David Letterman, 11:35pm, CBS
– Simon Cowell, Stacy Keibler, and Gary Clark, Jr. on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 11:35pm, ABC
– Michelle Pfeiffer, David Cross, and Volcano Choir on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, 12:37am, NBC
– Anna Faris and explorer Jean-Michel Cousteau on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS