What to watch on Tuesday, June 4...
8pm, ABC Family
Pretty Little Liars: A LiAr’s Guide to Rosewood
Golly, the gang sure has had some zany and wholesome fun in their first three seasons! With Season 4 starting next week and the upcoming spin-off Rosewood slated for this fall, isn’t now the perfect time to catch up on all the scheming, social climbing, duplicity, and homicide so far?
So You Think You Can Dance
America wants to dance with somebody. Wants to feel the heat with somebody. Yeah, America wants to dance with somebody—with somebody who loves her. And so, the auditions roll on.
SEASON 8 PREMIERE, 9pm, NBC
America’s Got Talent
Performers from sea to shining sea compete to sing, dance, juggle, fire-eat, plate-spin, bendy-walk, and ventriloquy their way to glory and a million-dollar prize. Erstwhile Spice Girl Mel B. joins the judging roster this season, which kicks off with auditions in New York, L.A., and San Antonio.
“Technology is used to help capture a suspected art thief,” explains the episode synopsis. I want to believe said technology involves, like, jetpacks or stun phasers or a wisecracking A.I., but it’s probably just a machine that scans paint or something. Elsewhere, prosecutors pursue the alleged killer of a police officer and a doctor whose patient died on his watch.
“Reality Check” cranks up the dial of Jenna’s crush on Collin. When Sadie gets wise, she threatens to spill the beans to Matty, because Sadie is totes awful like that. “Totes,” that’s a real thing, right? Youths of TV.com, did I use that term properly?
SERIES PREMIERE, 10pm, Syfy
Four teams of two contestants must negotiate a gauntlet of booby-traps, riddles, and other brain-cramping obstacles in order to escape a series of fiendish rooms and win $10,000 in this new six-episode game show, which might as well be called Legends of the Hidden Temple but for Grown-ups.
10:30pm, Comedy Central
Inside Amy Schumer
Amy whips up a batch of crystal in “Meth Lab,” and later tries to keep her makeover intact. I’m less sure what to make of the portion of the logline which says she “gets the food slapped out of her dumb mouth,” except to presume that it must constitute a fetish for someone on some corner of the internet.
– Nick Offerman, Lena Headey, and Divine Fits on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– Anne Heche on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– Brian Williams on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 11pm, Comedy Central
– Alex Gibney on The Colbert Report, 11:30pm, Comedy Central
– Owen Wilson, "Tanked Guys" Wayde King & Brett Raymer, and LeAnn Rimes on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 11:35pm, NBC
– Nathan Fillion, John Oliver, Local Natives, and a Top Ten List from Joan Rivers on Late Show with David Letterman, 11:35pm, CBS
– Amy Adams, Dave Franco, and Lady Antebellum on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 11:35pm, ABC
– Ethan Hawke, Rose Byrne, Bruce Jenner, Savages, and Quinn Sullivan on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, 12:37am, NBC
– Bill Maher and chef Cat Cora on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS