What to watch on Thursday, December 13...
Up All Night
With most of NBC’s Thursday comedies hibernating for the winter, Up All Night busts out back-to-back new episodes. Chances that the show spontaneously reboots yet again somewhere between “First Snow” at 8pm and “The Wedding” at 8:30pm? 94.9 percent.
8pm, The CW
The Vampire Diaries
My cable guide summary for “O Come, All Ye Faithful” mentions both a theme party and “a discovery that leads to violence.” Oh, The Vampire Diaries, will you never stop exploring new and unexpected avenues?!
“Glee, Actually” is, exactly what it sounds like, an homage to beloved Christmastime rom-com Love, Actually. Tune in for a series of interlocking stories, almost certainly a spin on “Love Is All Around,” and, let’s say, Santana suddenly speaking Portuguese.
When a supposedly impregnable bank vault called “The Leviathan” is broken into, Sherlock must determine how the thieves penetrated both its robust defenses and its densely argued theories on political philosophy.
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Flush with various successes, “The Gang Dines Out” at one of Philly’s ritziest establishments. Will they eat, drink, and be merry without disquieting incident, or might chaos emerge when Charlie commits the faux pas of plucking a canapé with his salad fork? Have your fainting couch at the ready.
– Leslie Mann, Sheamus, and Ryan Adams on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– Amanda Seyfried on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– Kristen Stewart on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 11pm, Comedy Central
– Sister Simone Campbell, Sean Lennon, Mavis Staples, and Jeff Tweedy on The Colbert Report, 11:30pm, Comedy Central
– Hugh Jackman, Maria Sharapova, and JD McPherson on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 11:35pm, NBC
– Jamie Foxx and Julie Chen on Late Show with David Letterman, 11:35 am, CBS
– Zachary Knighton and Don Deacon on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 12am, ABC
– Martin Short, John Cena, and Neal Brennan on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, 12:37am, NBC
– Howie Mandel and Olivia Williams on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS
WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING TONIGHT?