What to watch on Thursday, February 7...
SEASON 4 PREMIERE, 8pm, NBC
As far as any of us currently know, this episode will actually air on its appointed date and in its appointed timeslot (albeit without axed showrunner Dan Harmon). However, this scheduling remains subject to another abrupt change, solely because NBC relishes nothing more than kicking your heart in the face. If and when “History 101” does happen, Britta will be assuaging Abed’s anxiety over the group’s impending graduation, while Dean Pelton assigns seats in a crowded course via a Hunger Games-inspired physical challenge.
8pm, The CW
The Vampire Diaries
In “Into the Wild,” Professor Shane leads the kids on a field trip to an enigmatic Canadian island, where they’ll study the local flora and fauna as well as combat the forces of supernatural arcana shrouding a potentially cataclysmic cure for vampirism. Back in Mystic Falls, Caroline and Tyler have to put up with Klaus, because they forgot to get their permission slips signed.
Person of Interest
Finch and Reese’s POI in “One Percent” is a supremely resourceful tech billionaire whose capabilities match their own. His curiosity may put their identities—and his own life—at risk. But amid all this danger, show, maybe make room for a comic mishap where Reese winds up having to deliver an impromptu TED talk to keep the mission afloat?
“Diva” finds Finn provoking the glee club to locate their inner diaphragm-revving, attitude-effusing prima donnas, because that’s exactly what this show needs, to go even more over-the-top. So, capital idea, Finn! Thanks very much! At NYADA, Kurt’s had all he can stands and he can’t stands no more of Rachel’s arrogance.
Which of Seattle Grace’s impossibly telegenic physicians shall be the hospital’s new ambassador? A heated competition among them will decide who is to be “The Face of Change.” Meanwhile, Alex and Jackson lend help to a transgender teen couple, and the staff bristles at the hospital’s new policies.
I am so glad we decided that this week will see the launch of our first ever What to Watch Tonight Episode Title of the Week poll (coming tomorrow!), because here comes a dynamite contender in “A Giant Gun, Filled With Drugs.” Sherlock’s old narcotics dealer seeks help tracking down his missing daughter, but Joan worries the detective will be tempted to begin using again.
David exposing the truth of the Cytron case forces Olivia, Mellie, Cyrus, Hollis, and Verna to go on the defensive in “Nobody Likes Babies.” Protecting themselves means they’ll go extremes—too high or too low, there ain’t no in-betweens. And if they stand or they fall, it’s all or nothing at all. What? Oh, like you’ve never randomly bust out into Billy Joel lyrics in your work assignments?
Archer and his new stepdad bond—kind of... but probably not really at all—when the two are pursued by gangsters in “Midnight Ron.”
– Chris Tucker, Brian Posehn, and Darryl Lenox on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– Tenacious D and guest host Dave Grohl on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– Former TARP Special Inspector General Neil Barofsky on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 11pm, Comedy Central
– Benh Zeitlin on The Colbert Report, 11:30pm, Comedy Central
– Amy Adams, Adam Carolla, and Hunter Hayes on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 11:35pm, NBC
– Sally Field and Elvis tribute artist Shawn Klushon on Late Show with David Letterman, 11:35pm, CBS
– Phil McGraw, Jeff Jefferies, and Tim McGraw on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 11:35pm, ABC
– Joel McHale, Al Roker, and Matt Pond on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, 12:37am, NBC
– Amanda Peet and Paul Williamson on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS
WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING TONIGHT?