What to watch on Tuesday, December 18...
Tony’s pop is coming to town for Christmas in “You Better Watch Out,” and if I know my way around TV narratives, I’m sure that’ll provoke tension/hijinks/gruff filial bonding. Meanwhile, the NCIS team must solve a murder by “following the money.” Since CBS.com felt the need to put that phrase in quotation marks, I hope it means they are literally chasing after a dollar bill on a string being gradually tugged down the street.
SEASON 3 FINALE, 9pm, NBC
The Killers, Bruno Mars, Kelly Clarkson and Rihanna all perform, a winner is crowned, and a bunch of other stuff happens to pad this mother out to three hours because what the hell else is NBC going to put on its schedule?
Don’t Trust the B---- in Apartment 23
Hey look, an episode of TV that has nothing to do with Christmas! Probably because it’s a holdover from Season 1, but we’ll take what we can get at this point. Plus, “A Weekend in the Hamptons...” might promise the Don't Trust the B / Revenge crossover we’ve previously only dreamt about on Tumblr. Who doesn't want to see Chloe and Emily Thorne teaming up to wreak some cocktail-dress-clad havoc?
In order to thwart a CEO who’s planning to unleash a dangerous toy on hapless tykes everywhere, the team has to gin up a global toy craze. I’ll level with you: I don’t know how any of that fits together, but it sounds like some bugnuts Silver-Age-comic-book scheme, so I heartily approve.
Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel
The correspondents gather for a roundtable discussion of 2012’s best stories and favorite segments. Topics will touch on controversies and inspirations alike, and hopefully at some point Frank Deford will attempt the McKayla Maroney face.
SEASON 2 FINALE, 10pm, Spike
The judges select the inkiest ink in the live finale... and that's literally all the information I could find about this program. Perhaps, in a shocking twist, they will vote for the same person concurrently being named winner of The Voice over on NBC.
– Chris Pratt, Anna Torv, and José James on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– Drew Barrymore on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– Quentin Tarantino and LeeAnn Rimes on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 11:35pm, NBC
– Paul Rudd and Alicia Keys on Late Show with David Letterman, 11:35 am, CBS
– Samuel L. Jackson, the cast of Jersey Shore, and Ed Sheeran on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 12am, ABC
– Tom Cruise, Judd Apataow, and the Trans-Siberian Orchestra on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, 12:37am, NBC
– Don Johnson and Brad Goreski on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS
WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING TONIGHT?