TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Forums: Off-Topic: DirecTV subscribers could lose Viacom Channels

xnlei

[1]Jul 11, 2012
    • level: 1

According to this article (http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2012/07/directv-subscribers-could-lose-comedy-central-nickelodeon-mtv-and-other-viacom-chann), Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, and other Viacom channels could be unavailable to DirecTV subscribers. Viacom wanted a pay increase and DirecTV could not compromise with that.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MajLorne

[2]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 21
    In all honesty would it be a big deal to lose the likes of MTV, VH1 etc? Other than the parent channel: CBS, I won't lose any sleep on if all the viacom channels were pulled.*

*note: no, I do not have Direct tv, but I did have this similar issue some years back when I had Time Warner.

Waggytoon

[3]Jul 21, 2012
    • level: 13

For those who have DirecTV, you may have noticed that the channels owned by Viacom ARE BACK IN THE LINEUP! Hopefully, they were put back before nickToons wrapped up its "Korra: Making Of a Legend"/"Last Airbender Extras" package last night.

At least DirecTV viewers have nickelodeon and nickToons back in their lineup, those are the channels that mattered the most, mainly for "The Legend Of Korra", "T.U.F.F. Puppy", "Danny Phantom", and "The Last Airbender" animated series.

"Waggytoon"Cool

Thunder

[4]Aug 4, 2012
    • level: 3

every single that has aired on viacom except for the new futuramas and SP's is crap anyway.