Forums: Off-Topic: How you watch tv

bouges13

[1]May 28, 2011
    • level: 19

What is the best set-up to get the most television for as cheap as possible?

Currently, I subscribe to DirectTv with dvr and just about all the channels... however, with the cost being over a $100 a month I'm thinking that there must be a better deal. I've never used netflix or hulu subscriptions, but it sounds like you can get all the shows and movies from the premium channels like Starz, Showtime, and HBO plus the movies you pick for less than it costs to subscribe to those channels... it seems to good to be true, is it? Any feedback and recommendations would be greatly appreciated, I'm sick of paying more than I have to but I've always had cable or satellite to the point of not knowing about all the new ways to see TV, please help!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

taper6

[2]Jun 5, 2011
    • level: 7

bouges13 wrote:

What is the best set-up to get the most television for as cheap as possible?

Currently, I subscribe to DirectTv with dvr and just about all the channels... however, with the cost being over a $100 a month I'm thinking that there must be a better deal. I've never used netflix or hulu subscriptions, but it sounds like you can get all the shows and movies from the premium channels like Starz, Showtime, and HBO plus the movies you pick for less than it costs to subscribe to those channels... it seems to good to be true, is it? Any feedback and recommendations would be greatly appreciated, I'm sick of paying more than I have to but I've always had cable or satellite to the point of not knowing about all the new ways to see TV, please help!

I'm probably not typical. I still record dramas (mostly) off live tv and watch them when I want to. I'm a cable customer, subscribing to 'basic cable' which still costs me ~$75/month. I pay $10/month for Netflix. I can't use their streaming service (which is even cheaper!) because it doesn't have subtitles and I need them. I don't think you ever get up-to-the-minute cable shows from Netflix. However I haven't had Showtime in years, and have found some very good shows that I had never seen. My DVD turnaround is amazingly fast - drop dvd at post office Monday, receive email they received it back Tues morning, receive email they've shipped dvd x Tues afternoon, see dvd x in my mailbox on Wed. Of course they slip once in a while. I receive Rober Ebert emails with his latest reviews. Those that attract me I stick in my Netflix queue. Maybe 9 months later they become available to rent. My cup is so full at present that I have 4 drawers of unwatched vcr tapes. Now if I could just stop eating while I watch them.

archangelwho

[3]Jul 2, 2011
    • level: 18

We do the Netflix TV & 2 DVD package and we get all we need. Any extra we buy the DVD of the shows we really like that are not on Netflix and of couse I watch some shows including the CWS on espn3 or other web sites. USC back to back!!!

drudager

[4]Jul 7, 2011
    • level: 13

Hmmm. I do the old school method of watching on a 21" TV, converter box for antenna TV, tho I do have two stereo speakers hooked up to a cheap stereo which plugs into the converter box. Solely done to counter the extremely poor sound directly from the TV.

Waiting until the converter box burns out before I spring for a new flat screen.

orionway

[5]Jul 16, 2011
    • level: 4

i don't even own a tv... use my laptop and internet to watch everything i want... hulu, and torrents get s me my shows about 30 minutes behind real time broadcast... without commercials!! dvd quality.. can't beat it..

the first network to guarantee three years to all their new shows will instantly become the most loved and watched network out there... we all feel hatred for the networks for not giving shows a fair chance... commit to three seasons for your new shows and you;ll instantly be TOP DOG!!!!

This_Years_Love

[6]Jul 17, 2011
    • level: 11
    Via Megavideo, since I live in Ireland & have to wait at least a year or two for my favourite American tv shows to be aired in my country.

ktfahel

[8]Jul 31, 2011
    • level: 16

How do I watch TV?

With my eyes.

marsh987

[9]Jul 31, 2011
    • level: 1

Television is best way to get relax and refresh. Its give me lots of relaxation and refreshment.Its best way to consumed the time

Gena69

[10]Aug 22, 2011

Australia's Got Talent Tv show Make me relax and refresh...

Gena

kissing

ktfahel

[11]Aug 22, 2011

marsh987 wrote:

Television is best way to get relax and refresh. Its give me lots of relaxation and refreshment.Its best way to consumed the time

It would be, if there were anything decent to watch. I find myself watching less and less. Give me a good book any day.

KixMcGiggles

[12]Sep 14, 2011

I agree with kt. I barely watch television anymore except for a view shows. As for the best TV subscription, that just depends on what you want. There are so many options to take into consideration: streaming online, dish tv, direc tv... Your best bet is to do the research and read reviews and figure out what's best for you... and which one isn't going to bite real hard every month.

Edited on 09/23/2011 10:26am

TrevPlatt

[13]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 5
    I have to admit that I watch everything online. I'm in the UK so I'd never get to see most of my favorite shows, which happen to be from the US/Canada and when they do appear over here they are on satalitte TV, which is too expensive for me to get. Thankfully I've got a broadband provider with no download limit, so I watch all my TV streaming on my laptop.

shikha

[14]Oct 31, 2011

jacob10

[15]Nov 25, 2011

TV shows is the best source of the time pass. I like only Romantic movies don't like any show.So i watch most like romantic movie.My favorite movie is Notebook.It is a real love story.I watch it many times.....

watch-castle-online-free.ch|watch-fringe-online.ch

Noteldnep

[16]Dec 8, 2011
    My family finally caved in and bought a flat-screen TV a couple of years back, and now we are pretty much the same hesitant way with the Blu-Ray DVD player. I use my PS3 as one.

MissYdun

[17]Jan 21, 2012
    I use my TV and my harddrive. Then I can sit in my sofa and relax.

braycraig7

[18]Sep 12, 2012

Usually i'm watched tv in my bedroom,it makes me relax and comfortable.

lillinda

[19]Nov 23, 2012

I use a LCD projector which provides a nice cinema atmosphere, and a drive full of Star Trek at the moment.

Edited on 11/23/2012 12:18am

ktfahel

[20]Nov 27, 2012

BUMP