Forums: Off-Topic: Paper firm says to stop cutting Indonesias natural forests

[1]Feb 20, 2013
    • level: 1

This is one of my advocacies, save our forests and stop cutting trees; I am an active member in our community who are very passionate about what we do. I am hoping to convince many to join us and start the change. If you have suggestions on how we can save the trees feel free to write your comments. Thank you.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

[2]Feb 21, 2013

STOP CUTTING TREES (these ideas aren't mine but I thought I could share it because I agree with it. I hope it isn't too late for the next generation.)

1. reducing the consumption of products made from trees (e.g. paper)

2. providing alternate fuel to rural poor for cooking ( gas) so as to reduce cutting of trees for fuel wood

3. avoiding indiscriminate disposal of plastic products (especially thin plastic pick up bags) so as to allow rain water to percolate into ground and prevent erosion of soil to save the root system of trees

4. planning new projects (especially hydel power projects/water storage reservoirs) not involving deforestation/ submergence of forests under water

5. avoiding any human activity that may cause forest fires 6. making tours eco friendly

7. creating awareness among people about importance of trees and need for their conservation

8. Plant more trees instead of cutting down trees

10. you can also reduce the paper we use in school and do not cut down trees

[3]Mar 1, 2013

Do we have any alternative of paper? In many of the places we need papers. We cannot imagine ourselves without papers.