Forums: Off-Topic: RIP grissom_knows

andrewTVRAGE

[1]May 31, 2010
    • level: 1

Hi, my name is Andrew and I am a forum moderator over at TVRage.com. I used to be a member here in the early days of TV.com, right after it moved from TV Tome. One of the friends I made while I was here was a user by the name of grissom_knows. He was a CSI fan, contributed to the CSI guides and hung out in the CSI forum. He was a high-ranking level, if memory serves correct. Anyways, his mouth got the better of him and his hot-temper did too, so he decided to leave tv.com for TVRage under the username 'Me'.

Once at TVR, he became one of the top contributors. But many friends at TV.com and his memory remained. That was five years ago, when he left, so I am sure all of his friends are long departed, but..

I just found out today that he passed away on May 11, 2010 at the age of 45, after a long battle with a disease. I figured I'd post this, even though I haven't been here for 5 years myself, in case any of his old friends remained.

It is such a loss- Chris made TV.com a better place, TVRage a better place, and our lives will be forever changed as a result. He will be missed.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thecrad15

[2]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 11
    andrewTVRAGE wrote:

Hi, my name is Andrew and I am a forum moderator over at TVRage.com. I used to be a member here in the early days of TV.com, right after it moved from TV Tome. One of the friends I made while I was here was a user by the name of grissom_knows. He was a CSI fan, contributed to the CSI guides and hung out in the CSI forum. He was a high-ranking level, if memory serves correct. Anyways, his mouth got the better of him and his hot-temper did too, so he decided to leave tv.com for TVRage under the username 'Me'.

Once at TVR, he became one of the top contributors. But many friends at TV.com and his memory remained. That was five years ago, when he left, so I am sure all of his friends are long departed, but..

I just found out today that he passed away on May 11, 2010 at the age of 45, after a long battle with a disease. I figured I'd post this, even though I haven't been here for 5 years myself, in case any of his old friends remained.

It is such a loss- Chris made TV.com a better place, TVRage a better place, and our lives will be forever changed as a result. He will be missed.

How did you exactly know that he died?

nmantzios

[3]Jun 2, 2010
    • level: 17
    If you ever read any of grissom's posts, you couldn't forget him. Can't say I was friends with him on here cause he was here for such a short time compared to when I joined, but he was quite the online personality. Sad to hear he died.