Forums: Off-Topic: What is the most inexpensive way to listen to audio books while moving?

sheaudio00

[1]Mar 4, 2011
    • level: 1

My mom is interested in playing audio books from her phone although I guess I could get her set up with an IPOD to serve the same purpose. She really just wants to listen to books while exercising. Where do I find Downloadable audio books free online?I know there is a bunch of children audio books and Star Wars Books out there and I was wondering if I could just start in and listen to the Fate of a Jedi books. I'm a mower and like to listen to audio books while mowing. Most of the books are in abridged form (a condensed version of the the book). The Fate series, the Movie books, and a few are in unabridged form (the book read strait from the pages) which I prefer. What is the cheapest way to do this?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fuhco98

[2]Mar 14, 2011
    • level: 1

I have heard of "Podiobooks" audio books via Podcast and I know that quite a few libraries these days are offering audio books for download my guess is that you would probably need some sort of app for both formats.

Edited on 03/16/2011 7:50pm
    Edited 2 total times.

jag111888

[3]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 18

Try librivox.org. Just download the mp3s and put them on an mp3 player, doesn't have to be an Ipod. They only deal with public domain books though.

lkot81

[5]Mar 22, 2011
    • level: 3
    i use itunes

harpier

[6]Apr 5, 2011
    • level: 9

You might also try your local library. Different libraries in different cities have a variety of audiobook services, many include digital downloads on many books, including some new releases. They'll require a library card and probably a software download, and some aren't compatible with all mp3 players (often including iPod), but it'd be worth looking into.