Forums: Off-Topic: Whitney Houston, 48, Dies

pudgebyrd722

[1]Feb 11, 2012
    • level: 51

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57376028/singer-whitney-houston-dies-at-48/

The cause of her death is still unknown, but nonetheless a tragic happening.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Waggytoon

[2]Feb 14, 2012
    • level: 13

They say it was a combination of prescription drugs while in her bathtub, so she probably drowned herself accidentally.

And the Grammy Awards ceremony was able to quickly conjure up a tribute to Whitney Houston during the show. Thanks to modern technology and the super fast efforts of the Grammy people.

Funeral services are scheduled for Saturday at the church in New Jersey where she first performed in.

"Waggytoon"Cry

Antique22

[3]Feb 15, 2012
    • level: 11

The first time I'd heard of Whitney Houston was when I was eight years old and my parents had gotten a surprise for me and I didn't know what it was and so I waited till my mother pulled the surprise out of her purse and it was The Bodyguard soundtrack and I would play I Will Always Love You and sang along with Whitney but it was hard to do the big long note in the middle of the song and to this day I still sing along to that song but my first actual Whitney Houston album that I bought was her 1987 album Whitney that I got for my birthday and then I got her debut self-titled album and to this day I have most of Whitney Houston's albums except I Look To You and My Love Is Your Love. I also got The Bodyguard and Waiting To Exhale on DVD and my mother's favorite Whitney Houston movie is The Preacher's Wife because it is a remake of The Bishop's Wife. It is a shame Whitney left the earth because without her we will have fun songs which she was known for,

Tiki

Frankburnsflagg

[4]Feb 17, 2012
    @ Waggytoon: That's what I was figuring as well. So, so sad.

Grew up listening to her music, and quite a bit of it was better than some of the stuff that's out these days.

May she rest in peace .

deF

[5]Feb 18, 2012
    • level: 1

Rest in peace

Waggytoon

[6]Feb 18, 2012

The funeral for Whitney Houston is taking place even as I post this. You can check the live streaming video at yahoo.com right now.

"Waggytoon"Frown

Antique22

[7]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 11

Hey there Waggytoon,

Did you ever get Whitney Houston's 1987 album Whitney? She sang a really cool remake of the song I Know Him So Well as a duet with her mom Cissy Houston that came from the Broadway musical Chess and it is one of my mother's favorite Whitney Houston songs,

Tiki

Waggytoon

[8]Feb 23, 2012

I never got any of Whitney Houston's albums whatsoever. I wasn't a big fan of her.

Anyway, right now On Demand you can check out the majority of Whitney's music videos from her career, as well as interviews and perhaps even her funeral, if you're interested.

"Waggytoon"Kiss