Abigail Breslin

Abigail Breslin Fan Reviews (3)

• Take a good look at this little girl, folks, because she is clearly another Jodie Foster waiting to happen!

At first glance, Abigail Breslin may seem like another "more of the same" deal when it comes to contemporary child stars, but when you see a child her age in four movies in one year alone, it's hard not to take notice. From the summer of 2007 to the summer of 2008, Abigail played multiple "older child" roles and was very rarely away from the theatrical film lineup. After seeing her co-star with former child sensation Jodie Foster in "Nim's Island," there was only one thing I could think of, and that's that Breslin is well on her way to achieving the same renown as Ms. Foster herself.

The thing about Breslin is that for being so young, she is incredibly gifted and experienced in front of the camera, but she is still able to step away from it and look/sound/act like a real kid (unlike the shockingly beyond-her-years Dakota Fanning, whom I also love). She's one of those child starlets who has had many movie roles and, as a result, has had a lot of opportunities to showcase what she can do. Her success in "Little Miss Sunshine" has only increased her marketability in the film world, and I have a feeling that her upcoming role in "My Sister's Keeper" is really going to push her over the top as a competent, growing actress.

She's cute, she's charming, and she is capable of carrying a plot. She can work through a crying scene like nobody's business, and if you've never seen this kid start bawling on-screen, then I recommend you rent one of her movies (any one of them will work, since she cries at some point in pretty much all of them). Ultimately, however, one of Breslin's greatest advantages is that she seems to be growing up with more potential than any child star in the past, thanks to her seemingly normal home life and personal interests that extend beyond being an Oscar-nominated actress at the tender age of 10. I absolutely love watching her and can't wait to see what she does next. I'm not kidding--I truly, truly envision Abigail Breslin having a similar career as actresses like Jodie Foster and Meryl Streep. For her to have as much talent as she does right now, before even turning 13, that says a lot for what she can become in the next ten years, and I think it's a pretty safe bet that she isn't going anywhere. Watch for Ms. Abigail Breslin to be in the limelight throughout her adulthood, because she has everything going for her and has the ability to achieve anything she wants.
  • empty

Abigail Breslin is the sweetest little girl ever to wear bug-eyed glasses. (She looks awesome on the red carpet too.)
    Her work in Little Miss Sunshine was a joy to watch. You could tell she was having fun, even though she was the only kid out of 6 people in the bus. I cannot wait to see what she comes out with next.
  • Abigail Breslin is not only a gorgeous little 9-year-old, but also a talented up-and-coming actress.

Little Abigail Breslin is not only a gorgeous little 9-year-old, but also a talented up-and-coming actress. When I first saw her it was on NCIS, in episode 2x02 "See No Evil". She played little Sandy, a blind girl who'd been kidnapped along with her mother. The performance that Abigail put on was not only heart-warming, but it was also very professional and mature. I liken her to the talented Hollywood starlet, 11-year-old Dakota Fanning, who is wise beyond her years.

Little Abigail just lights up the screen with her moving and heart-warming performances, but she's different to some other child actors. Some child actors are just plain adorable, but not only is Abigail that, she can also put on a solid performance that many adult actors strive to do so well. In NCIS, Abigail's character of Sandy, was blind. It would be a challange for any actor to play a blind person when you really can see, but for Abigail, who was 7 at the time, took it all in her stride. She had the look down-pat, making a very convincing blind person, and even I had to stop and wonder, is she really blind? I looked her up on the interet and found out that she isn't, but it's people like Abigail that you have to watch. If she can already put on such an incredible, mature performance at age 8, wait until she's older! Fantastic work Abigail, you should be very proud.