Adam Baldwin

Adam Baldwin Fan Reviews (10)

• Knowle Rohrer

Adam Baldwin (born February 27, 1962) is an American actor. He is known for his roles as Animal Mother in Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket, Ricky Linderman in My Bodyguard, Knowle Rohrer in The X-Files, and Marcus Hamilton in Joss Whedon's Angel. He also established a cult following as Jayne Cobb in the series Firefly, and the movie Serenity. He is not related to the Baldwin brothers.

He currently stars as NSA agent John Casey on the NBC comedy-spy series Chuck.Appearing in dozens of films since 1980, Baldwin rose to prominence as the troubled outcast, Ricky Linderman, in My Bodyguard (1980), and moved on to bigger roles in D.C. Cab (1983), Full Metal Jacket (1987), Independence Day (1996), Smoke Jumpers (1996) and Serenity (2005)-in which he reprises his role as the mercenary Jayne Cobb from the television series Firefly. His other work includes the movie Radio Flyer (1992), From the Earth to the Moon (1998), The X-Files (Knowle Rohrer), Men in Black: The Series, Stargate SG-1, Angel, The Inside, NCIS and the 2005 remake of The Poseidon Adventure. He also starred in the ABC series Day Break as Chad Shelten in 2006.

Baldwin won a SyFy Genre Award in 2006 for Best Supporting Actor/Television for his role as Jayne Cobb in the television series Firefly.[1]
  • "You talk the talk. Do you walk the walk?"

From playing Jayne Cobb to Major John Casey, Adam Baldwin has been on our TV screens for years starring in Firefly and Chuck and making apearences in episodes of some of the top US shows such as CSI, Bones, NCIS, The X Files and so much more. He is great at playing the tough guy in Chuck maybe hes to good at doing it, He is my favourite character on the show I love the way Casey is the Bully but also has a soft side (although we dont see it often).
    Adam hasn't been on TV all his life back in the 1980's (So long ago now) he appeared in one of my favourites and one of the all time great Film Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket in which he played Animal Mother. "You talk the talk. Do you walk the walk?"
  • empty

Adam Baldwin is one of the unknown Baldwin brothers. I honestly have not seen too much of his work, but I thought he was great in "Full Metal Jacket," "Independence Day" and "The Patriot."
  • Adam Baldwin has great talent, and the greatest jaw in American history.

This guy appears in every single one of my fav shows, always giving a great performance even if it's a short 10 line part. Stargate Sg-1, Bones, NCIS, and of course the famous Chuck that I look forward to each week, he plays a sophisticated guy every time so perfectly. I don't think this guy gets enough credit, but I certainly would place him in my top five =-). The last episode I saw him in, it shows his more emotional side which I didn't think he could play, but he did very well and it turned out to be a great episode! Presently, I'm waiting yet again for the next Chuck episode to come on in half an hour so I can see his handsome face again.
  • He is an amazing actor and was fantastic in Angel and the Firefly/Serenity stufff. Not the kinda guy i'd go for but always seems to play pretty cool characters which can keep you interested.

Was very good, cooky and intertesting in Firefly and Serenity as Jayne Cobb and it was amazing to see so mayny layers as in Angel he was pretty stiff kinda character obviously cause it was required but was refreshing and surprising to see the many levels the man can play to. Has some pretty cool credits and Hey if you can get into the CSI programs then your pretty cool and a cool actor except for the Kevin Federline mistake. However that fool got inot it surprises me. If you havent seen firefly go buy it now cause you'll get it at amazingly low prices and it is really worth it cause it is fantastic.
  • One of the best character actors around.

Adam Baldwin has become one of my favorites after Firefly. Known amongst many in the Armed Forces from Full Metal Jacket. This guy ranks with the best of Hollywood supporting actors. If there was a remake of the Wild Bunch he would be the first actor picked. Any type of 30's gangster genre also is what he would be good in. He brings big to the big screen. I would like to see much more of our stud. He plays great strong dark brueding roles. His roles our real type guys too.
  • I am a long time fan. He is a wonderful actor. The first time I saw him was in My Bodyguard with Matt Dillon.

Ever since that first moment in My Bodyguard I have watched for this man in everything he has done. His talent has only grown and I think that FireFly gave him an outlet for his obvious comedic side. The humourous writing for the show was very well spent on all of the actors and I absolutely LOVE Adam's character.

I can only hope that he finds other work, being a guest star is fine but this man definitely deserves a starring role in the future. And I personally think that teaming him up with Joss Wheaton's writing will only enhance the viewer's experience.
  • Adam is an relitively unknown talented actor. He has played memerable parts in movies and tv shows alike but moslty well noted for his role as Jayne Cobb in Firefly. He will also play this character in the upcoming movie Serenity.(which he does an excelle

Adam Baldwin is a great actor who puts charisma into all his roles. He strives for the greatness in all his characters. He brings them all to life in their full potential. Most know him for his role as Jayne in the "now" hit series Firefly. He created that character into existence like no one else could with the sarcasm in his jokes and his overall witty humor. While this all being written by the mastermind behind it all Joss Whedon it took a great man to bring it all out and Adam did just that. Also known for roles like Sheriff Jay Forrest in the television movie "Monster Makers" created by the Hallmark Channel.While in my opinion it was a completely average movie Adam brought the most spark with his amazing portrayal as the Sheriff from the horror movie director Dexter Brisbane (George Kennedy). This showing that Adam is truly a man to be reckoned with. He does an excellent job at creating his characters into their own being with his skill and talent in the art of acting.
  • Jayne

Honostly, i hope he does many things, does them well and all, but frankly I don't care, because I've seen him play Jayne (Firefly), and that's all I need. The character has to be one of the greats of all time. A role model of sorts, sure he may not be perfect, well far from it actually, actually, nevermind about the role model, it's a great character.
  • Astronaunt Fred Haise, Joey Rosselini, Animal Mother, Det Burt Miller, Marcus Hamilton, Don Mackey, Knowle Rohrer, Col. Jack Riles, Chad Harmon, John Gacy Sr.,and Det Mark Winston are just some of the characters this versatile actor has performed.

From Ricky Linderman to Special Agent Danny Love. Twenty five years and still going strong. Not afraid to do any role, the good with the bad. From big budget movies like Independence Day, and The Patriot to straight to video like Evil Eyes. To stand out performances like Alec Danz in Deadbolt, or Joey Rosselini in Next of Kin.
    My first look at Adam Baldwin was in My Bodyguard. He nailed that role. It seems pretty simplistic. Outcast, troubled teen, but there were many layers to that character. Then he had a small almost unnoticeable role in Ordinary People. But Adam Baldwin has a way of stealing a scene. Think Animal Mother in Full Metal Jacket, Col. Dave Dixon in one episode of Stargate SG-1, or Marcus Hamilton to close out the series Angel.
    I like him best when he is sarcastic like Jayne Cobb, or Danny Love. Did he call her Clarice Starling? Weren\'t you thinking the same thing? I know I was. You gotta just love him. and keep looking out for the next role.