Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Fan Reviews (6)

• Unfortunately, I have never watched Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje in 'OZ', but I am a big 'Lost' fan, so my review will be about his role as Mr. Eko, a Nigerian priest, in the aforementioned show.

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (or 'Triple A') portrayed a Nigerian priest in the second and third seasons of 'Lost'. Unfortunately, his character is no longer in the show. However, the writers gave him a significant role during his time with the show -- and Adewale carried it with intensity and likeableness.

He can portray calm and thoughtful with startling charisma. He especially brought religious faith to life in his scenes focusing on his priestly duties and Christian acts. Yet there was another side to his character -- cold, violent, and intimidating. Once again, he brought those feelings to life.

My only gripe with him... Hm. It's not really a gripe, but more of an observation -- he's REALLY intense. I doubt he could pull off an 'average guy' sort of role unless he took things down a notch. But who would even cast him as an average guy? He's great for roles that aren't so 'average'.

It's too bad he is no longer on 'Lost'. But he did a great job there, and he remains a fan favorite today. I hope Adewale gets a chance to shine elsewhere!