Aled Jones

Aled Jones Fan Reviews (2)

• Aled Jones is a lovely man with a fabulous voice and a personality that melts hearts.

Aled is superbly talented, particularly now as an adult performer. His treble voice as a boy was exquisite, but his lyric baritone voice now as an adult is magnificent - warm, sincere, rich and velvety. Aled thrives on all he does, but he has no pretentions at all about himself and his talents as a singer, broadcaster, actor and dancer. He's just a lovely, cheeky, down-to-earth guy who thoroughly enjoys his varied career and gives so much of himself to his fans and to the community. Many people may not realise that as well as his brilliant performing talents and his inspiration as a presenter of Songs of Praise, Aled's compassion for others runs deeply. He is the very active Patron of Hope House, two hospices in Wales for life-limited children. His wonderful dedication inspired a small group of his fans around the world to form a support fundraising group for Hope House. The money they raise (£20,000 in their first two years) goes towards funding 'Music Therapy' for the children, a fitting pledge on behalf of the remarkable talents and generosity of an inspirational singer.
  • What a brilliant singer.

Aled first captured my heart when I heard him singing the theme from The Snowman - We're Walking In the Air. Having spent a long time at my grandparents' house I became used to seeing him on Songs of Praise and realised what a brilliant singer he was and how charismatic. His personality really shone through during the second series of Strictly Come Dancing showing he is game for a laugh and is an extremely funny and cheeky guy. He seemed up for anything and was turning into a talented dancer with a little help from Lilia. I think he should have reached the final.
    I am annoyed that some people only remember him for his work as a choirboy, but his albums as a grown up are far greater and show his true talent.