Alex O'Loughlin

Forums: Alex O'Loughlin Board: Back Up Plan

sandbur

[1]Apr 24, 2010
    • level: 25

My 18 year old daughter just went to see this last night.

That surprised me enough, but her comments that it was the "funniest thing [she'd] ever seen, and that Alex guy is a really good actor. You'll love it, Mom!" surprised me even more, coming from her. She's usually a blood-and-guts movie go-er.

Her only other comment was that it would have been better with Sandra Bullock, but even JLo "didn't suck"...so there you go. The critic has spoken Wink

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sandbur

[2]Sep 22, 2010
    • level: 25

I finally got around to watching the DVD...the story was entertaining for a TV movie; can't imagine it in theatres. Alex was fun. JLO...well, she should just sing...

Daniela7464

[3]Sep 30, 2010
    • level: 4
    sandbur wrote:

I finally got around to watching the DVD...the story was entertaining for a TV movie; can't imagine it in theatres. Alex was fun. JLO...well, she should just sing...

Can't agree with you and your daughter more re. JLo and other choice for Alex'es female partner. This soap is beneath all criticism and is a waste of Alex'es great talent.

MichaelC2B

[4]Dec 15, 2010

I went to the premiere of this movie in LA and was lucky enough to see Alex at Jimmy Kimmel one day, the AIF (Australians in Film) screening of TBUP with a Q&A with Alex the next day and the premiere on the third day. So I have seen this movie many times and now I have the DVD. I find this movie delightful. Alex portrayed Stan perfectly. As he did in Oyster Farmer, Alex knows how to be funny without overdoing it. I thought the writing was great and the cast was wonderful. I never liked Jennifer Lopez at all before, and this movie (and Alex) even changed my mind about her. The idea of the movie was cute - and the only problem I had with the entire movie is the jealousy I felt seeing a woman meeting a guy like Stan in my favorite place, NYC.

This film is light and fun and the perfect thing to watch when you just want to relax and smile. The way Alex played Stan's reactions to everything that was going on was priceless. Alex O. is finally on his way to being a huge star in the US. If you haven't already, watch his previous work on TV and in films. His work in Australia is outstanding; FEED, Oyster Farmer and Mary Bryant, just to name a few.

I love this movie!

stdmitch

[5]Jan 4, 2011

I found the Back Up Plan to be very funny. Alex O'loughlin is very versatile and was charming in his role. THe only problem with the movie was the leading lady, Jennifer Lopez. She just cannot act and the movie would have been a lot better withVictoria Pratt, Jennifer Aniston or Sandra Bullock. If your an Alex O'loughlin fan, you must at least rent the movie as it will put a smile on your face.