Alex O'Loughlin

Forums: Alex O'Loughlin Board: The Latest on Alex

TesserT

[1]Feb 12, 2009
    • level: 78
    News Concerning Alex posted on the Moonlight SciFi Board - where ML reruns are airing

reply from Nathan, Alex's agent to lisaaussie
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TesserT

[2]Feb 12, 2009
    Alex My SpaceBlog

Thursday, February 05, 2009 I'm back! Hello everybody.

Thank you all very much for your patience and dedication. It has been a long time since I have had any communication with you guys and I wanted to reach out and let you all know what is going on in my world.

I have been back in Australia for the last couple of months visiting family and friends, and upon my return to Los Angeles realized that a number of messages from last year have not yet been answered. I also recieved a large amount of mail from you guys and want to assure you, that I will respond to everyone, MySpace and snail mail, as soon as I possibly can... starting right now!

So many of you sent the most thoughtful and generous gifts to me for Christmas. From clothing, to jewelry and accesories, to snacks & candy and chocolates, calenders, beautiful books and incredible cigars. It was not expected but deeply appreciated and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Currently I am moving into a position where we have narrowed down the projects that I have genuine interest in, and hope to have reached a decision on something very soon!

I hope to hear from you all soon and will keep you posted on everything as it develops for me.

All my love

Alex O'Loughlin x

TesserT

[3]Feb 12, 2009
    EW: The Ausiello Files Feb 11, 2009

"Finally, I have a bone to throw all you inconsolable Moonlight fans.

The dead drama's central blood sucker, Alex O'Loughlin, is returning to CBS in an upcoming episode of Criminal Minds, sources confirm to me exclusively.

The change-of-pace hour, which is tentatively scheduled to air in April, will track a case from the POV of a serial killer, played by O'Loughlin.

This is O'Loughlin's first leap back into TV since Moonlight was laid to rest nine months ago. At press tour last month, CBS president Nina Tassler -- who signed the Aussie hunk to a development deal in August -- hinted that we may see him back on the network "soon" in a new project."

At least Alex will be back on TV. Not sure I like the idea of a serial killer role but he's good at those serious characters so I'll be watching for sure!

TesserT

[4]Mar 19, 2009
    EW/Ausiello Files: Scoop: 'Moonlight' vamp sinks teeth into new series

The star of CBS' ill-fated Moonlight is thisclose to signing on to headline the pilot for Three Rivers, a new Eye show about organ transplants. Follow the link for the compete story.

Sylvial

[5]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 6

Isn't it great seeing all this activity from Alex? Criminal Minds, filming a pilot (let's pray for a pick-up) and now announcement of a film. I just know I can't wait to see Alex on my screen!!

justmick

TesserT

[6]Apr 18, 2009
    Ck out this new article (& photo) by Lisa Berhhard Alex O'Loughlin Resurrected! in TVGuide magazine. Talks about his new movie Whiteout in theaters Sept 2009, the movie he's doing with Jennifer Lopez to be released in 2010 & his guest role in Criminal Minds on April 29th.

At the end you'll read.... As for his personal life, O'Loughlin dated Aussie actress Holly Valance (Prison Break) for four years, but "we're having a time-out," he says. Hear that, ladies?

TesserT

[7]May 7, 2009
    TV Guide May 11-17, 2009 Cheers & Jeers column has a few nice words to say about Alex

"Cheers to Alex O for his chilling - and moving - turn as a serial killer on Criminal Minds. The ex-Moonlight bloodsucker actually made Vincent, a videographer who wrestles with his obsessively murderous impulses, a sympathetic character. If CBS doesn't pick up O'Loughlin's fall pilot, Three Rivers, they're crazier than Vincent."

TesserT

[8]May 13, 2009
    Alex's MySpace Blog Saturday, May 02, 2009
    Hey everybody!
    Thought I would drop you all a quick line and let you know that things are going really well.
    I finished Three Rivers and landed the role in Jennifer Lopez' new film The Back Up Plan ....(go to link for the rest)
    All my love to you all.
    Alex O'Loughlin

TesserT

[9]May 13, 2009
    Moonlight London Convention

...previously announced guest Alex O'Loughlin will no longer be able to attend this event due to a scheduling conflict.

Reason: He starts filming the movie Plan B with Jennifer Lopez on May 11th.

TesserT

[10]May 19, 2009
    TVGuide.com: CBS Fall TV

Alex will be back on TV for the 2009-2010 season in CBS' Three Rivers .

TesserT

[11]Sep 29, 2009
    tv.com is having a LIVE CHAT with Alex about Three Rivers on Friday Oct 2 at noon PDT. Check out the link for more info.

MoonMaiden711

[12]Sep 30, 2009
    • level: 1

TesserT wrote:
    tv.com is having a LIVE CHAT with Alex about Three Rivers on Friday Oct 2 at noon PDT. Check out the link for more info.

LIVE CHAT WITH ALEX - DATE CHANGED TO THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1

Same bat time, same bat channel, but one day earlier! Live chat with Alex has now moved to Thursday, October 1, 12pm PT, 3pm ET. http://www.tv.com/threerivers-chat/

SonyaStewart

[13]Oct 9, 2009
    hi its nice to beable to watch you in something else that has gripped me lol. would three rivers ever be shown in england,a its easier than watching on my laptop lo.x

suzi1954

[14]Nov 13, 2009
    can anybody tell me what the blue bracelet is for that dr. andy {alex} wears on three rivers?

Catwoman87531

[15]Jan 20, 2010
    • level: 55
    01/20/2010

CBS is still looking for a show for Alex: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/01/17/alex-oloughlin-cbs-hawaii-fiveo/

Moonlight resurrection? http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv-news/cbs-boss-weighs-in-on-moonlights-possible-resurrection/

TesserT

[16]Feb 15, 2010
    EW/Ausiello Files

CBS has successfully persuaded Alex O'Loughlin to headline its in-the-works remake of Hawaii Five-0, sources confirm.

O'Loughlin will play Det. Steve McGarrett, the role originated by Jack Lord.

This marks CBS' third partnership with the in-demand actor. Their previous efforts, Moonlight and Three Rivers, both ended after one season.

Earlier this week, Lost's Daniel Dae Kim was tapped to join the Hawaii cast in the role of state police officer Chin Ho Kelly.

The update is being shepherded by Fringe writer-producers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, as well as CSI: NY e.p. Peter Lenkov.

TesserT

[17]Mar 11, 2010
    TVGuide

Question: What do you think of Alex O'Loughlin and Daniel Dae Kim being signed to reprieve Hawaii Five-O?

Matt Roush: Excerpt: Lots of variables at play here as to whether the pilot and the show itself will work, but I'm encouraged by the participation of Fringe's Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (who did a bang-up job refreshing the Star Trek franchise at the movies), and as I said last fall, Alex O'Loughlin's best shot at CBS stardom will likely be as the centerpiece of a crime procedural, especially something with a bright tone and look that will showcase his charisma better than Three Rivers ever had a chance to. Hawaii and CBS have a long history of success (not just Five-O but Magnum, P.I. as well), and of all the many remakes kicking around out there, this one makes the most sense.