Alfred Hitchcock

Alfred Hitchcock Fan Reviews (8)

• a man that made tons of classics

i think alfred was one of the best movie directors ever . he made tons of good movies that had really interesting stories too them. he always made you be at the edge of you seat in suspence. such movies as rear window and the birds and others. he even made his own tv show which was really good also. and he was know for being in his own movies which is very famous . people were always tring to find him. which is thing copied by stan lee . even though i was not live when he was making movies i still have watched them and own them and still apricate the time and effor he put into making movies.
  • The Master of Suspense in film and television.

The greatest director who ever lived! From his brilliant films to his wonderful TV show, Hitch has come up with all sorts of things that define mystery and suspense. His early British film work of the thirties is entertaining, and really acts as a precursor to what was coming in Hollywood. His televison show also had its incredible moments and was extremely successful for many years. But today, he is best remembered for his work in Hollywood in the 1950s and 1960s. He churned out classics such as "Psycho", "Rear Window", "North by Northwest", and "Vertigo." His directional talents, such as use of McGuffins and shadows will never be equaled by others.
  • empty

Better than classic, more like legendary. He was one of the best at creating suspense.
  • The Original Master of Suspense

Indeed the Original Master o Suspense who had wit and
    Charm to go along with it. As the movies made
    Him rich and respected. But it was the tv show that
    Made him a household name. Without him on his weekly self-titled anthology show, there would be no Alfred Hitchcock Presents. With his charm and classy British accent and that famous silloutte. Still missed but always remembered.
  • empty

One of the great masterminds of all time.

With his great movies and his awsome TV show Hitchcock is one of the best storytellers of all time his movie are good thiller and are never boring the same the why his TV show which is a little spooky as well Hitchcock is one of the alltime greats
  • We all go a little mad sometimes...

Good Evening!

He is the best director I have seen. His movies move me in a way that I can't even begin to describe. His TV show gives me goosebumps, and that theme song is just him.

My favorite movies of his are (In descending order):
    1. Rear Window
    7. The Trouble with Harry
    8. Foriegn Correspondent
    9. Suspicion
    10. Dial M for Murder

My favorite quotes he's said are:

"I am a typed director. If I made Cinderella, the audience would immediately be looking for a body in the coach."

"I understand the inventor of the bagpipes was inspired when he saw a man carrying an indignant, asthmatic pig under his arm. Unfortunately, the manmade sound never equaled the purity of the sound achieved by the pig."

"Television has brought back murder into the home - where it belongs."

"The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder."

"When an actor comes to me and wants to discuss his character, I say, 'It's in the script.' If he says, 'But what's my motivation?, ' I say, 'Your salary.'"

"A good film is when the price of the dinner, the theatre admission and the babysitter were worth it."

"For me, the cinema is not a slice of life, but a piece of cake."

"Always make the audience suffer as much as possible."

"Blondes make the best victims. They're like virgin snow that shows up the bloody footprints."

He was one of the few greats, and he will be missed.
  • Alfred Hitchcock remains one of the true geniuses of both film and television. Here is a man who knows the art of his craft and treated it with the respect the medium deserves.

The greatest filmmakers, tv show creators, or performers are those who respect the craft and incorporate what they have learned from others before them, respect what their predecessors have done, and then try to add their own innovative style to make something fresh and exciting. Hitchcock is one of these men.

As a director of film and television, Hitchcock brings the classic art of montage to the big and small screen to thrill the viewer and create some of the finest work out there. Incorporating some of the style of the great Russian filmmakers, particularly Sergei Einsenstein, Hitchcock artistically and articulatley shows the viewer what they need to see to fill in the blank and understand what it is occurring without having to blatantly show it on-screen. Montage can lead the viewer to reach certain conclusions about the action in a film or tv show and it works because viewers infer meaning based on the context, and not so much on what is blatantly shown. This makes the work more effective and respects the intellect of the viewer.

A perfect example of this is the shower scene of "Psycho," where the main character is stabbed and killed, but Hitchcock does not have to show a gross and horrifying hack scene to make the viewer comprehend what just occurred. Sheer brilliance.
  • "Alfred Hitchcock a great actor?"

This man was a great old time actor in many of his shows he got to be a big hit to me, on reg. programed shows at his time he was a good conspericy roll player and made his self know to be good at his work!, and makeing lots of good series.