Allison Balson

Allison Balson Fan Reviews (2)

7.3
  • Allison Balson was the best replacement character ever on this show. She was adopted when Nellie got married and moved. Harriet was lonely with no little girl to spoil, until she found "her" and Nancy came to Walnut Grove.

Very talented actress. It's never easy for an actress to fill the shoes of a strong lead character on a hit TV show, but when Allison playing Nancy was hand picked by Harriet out of the orphanage, I was so excited, because I knew this kid was going to be another trouble maker for the town of Walnut Grove. She played that Nancy character with her own charm, style, and devilish twinkle. Nancy Oleson was such a little spoiled brat, but oh how I loved her antics! Allison is an amazing talent in music as well. I can't wait to see her on TV again! She's definitely one of my favs.
  • Allison Balson remarkable and brilliant talent. No one else could have played the role of nasty Nancy any better. She's a joy to watch on screen, and this character is one we all love to hate on the Prairie.

Allison Balson is a remarkable talent. I watched her on Little House when I was growing up and now my kids watch the show. It's such a great family oriented program, and we enjoy watching the shows together and then talking aboutn them. I still laugh when I watch some of the episodes she was on. My favorites are: For the Love of Nancy, and of course the two episoder The Reincarnation of Nellie. And then there were times when you thought Nancy might have learned a lesson and would change her ways, but Nancy was always Nancy, and that's why her character worked so well. She played a classic TV character brilliantly, and she is a wonderful actress.