Amy Acker

Forums: Amy Acker Board: Illyria vs Fred

SMGslayer97

[1]Oct 24, 2006
    • level: 34

Who's your pick?

It's so hard to decide because both characters are so different and so good. Not to mention Amy really portrays them both so well and makes you like both of them for very different reasons.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

IllyriaOldOne

[2]Jan 23, 2007
    • level: 3
    gotta say illyria

SMGslayer97

[3]Jan 25, 2007
    I don't know I mean Illyria was awesome, so beyond awesome but I tend to chose Fred over her because it was just so sad that she had to die in such a painful way for us to get Illyria. Not only that but the fact that she and Wes had just got together after all those years of Wesley being in love with her and her just not feeling the same way, I felt so ripped!

hmorsey

[4]Jan 29, 2007
    • level: 7
    That's no contest for me....definitely Fred...she's my favorite television character of all time and I was devastated when Whedon killed her off.  I was gonna stop watching my very favorite show of that season and one of my favorite of all time until I found out Acker would still be in it playing Illyria.  Illyria was a good character and Amy did a phenomenal job portraying the character but I most definitely prefer Fred...

SMGslayer97

[5]Jan 31, 2007
    hmorsey wrote:
    That's no contest for me....definitely Fred...she's my favorite television character of all time and I was devastated when Whedon killed her off.  I was gonna stop watching my very favorite show of that season and one of my favorite of all time until I found out Acker would still be in it playing Illyria.  Illyria was a good character and Amy did a phenomenal job portraying the character but I most definitely prefer Fred...

Agreed.

MrAndree

[6]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 19
    Fred. Killing her off just to bring in Illyria was Joss Whedon's worst idea in his life.

SMGslayer97

[7]Mar 8, 2007
    MrAndree wrote:
    Fred. Killing her off just to bring in Illyria was Joss Whedon's worst idea in his life.

I wish we could have gotten both of them without Fred having to go, though that's not possible without switching the actress that played Illyria which I don't think would be good either because I doubt anyone could capture Illyria as well as Amy.

BuffyAnneLove

[8]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 58
    I love Fred and ever got all teary eyed when she died. But wow do I love Illyria too! Amy does such a good job playing both that it is impossible for me to pick.

FrozenHeart_

[9]Sep 3, 2007
    • level: 8

I loved Fred and all, But Illyria was one of the most awesome characters ever, To bad we couldnt have both..

Ill have to go with Illyria.

Rogue_Beeyatch

[10]Sep 26, 2007
    • level: 23
    Illyria. I always hated Fred. Too whiny. That maybe has something to do with me loving Wes with Lilah.

george91910us

[11]Oct 27, 2007
    • level: 54

Fred was alliterative; brilliant, beautiful and brave. She gave her heart first to Angel then Gunn and lastly Westley. Her death was tragic and senseless.

Illyria was a warrior. Her coming was necessary in the preparation for the final battle. Angel ended too soon and so did Fred.

JengoFett6

[12]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 8
    Well it was a bit of a choice, but then I asked myself a question that made it a lot easier. Who would I actually want to meet? Fred. She was brilliant, sweet, charming and beautiful and that makes her far more approachable. If you didn't know her, one look at Illyria and you'd think she was some nut in a freakish costume and back away and possibly call the cops. Unless it was halloween of course. Then you'd wanna approach her because she looked pretty cool..... Anyway, back to Fred, it was indescribably awful how she had to die, and her last words were so heartbreaking, I could hardly stand it, "Why can't I stay?"...........

tvownsLEXIE

[13]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 21
    I have to go with Illyria. Fred is so sweet, and it was horrible that she died, especially since Wes was always may favorite and it broke his heart, but Illyria was so interesting. Of course you wouldn't go up to her in real life, but most people wouldn't go up to most demons. Season five was my favorite season, and I think it was because of Spike and Illyria.

KingofIPirates

[14]Sep 20, 2009
    • level: 32
    Tough choice but I'd pick Illyria