Andre Braugher

Andre Braugher Fan Reviews (4)

7.8
  • Help with

Hi I saw a movie in Aug 98 that I believe Andre played in , it was about a Army movie which was in Camp Hood Tx, ,the year in the movie was like late 40's or 50's, but can you found out if he was the main character in this movie, it was a outstanding movie,, I like to know how I can get my hands on a copy of it.
  • Should much more of a household name.

André Braugher is without question one of the most talented actors I have ever seen and is unfortunately one of the least recognized names in the industry today. Most filmgoers will say "André Who" when his name is mentioned, but will immediately unleash an "Oh, YEAH! That guy!" when his photo is shown. Alongside his Oscar-worthy performance in Glory and Emmy award winning portrayal of Frank Pembelton in Homicide: Life On The Street, he has starred or co-starred in a multitude of lesser known films. I can confidently say that each and every one of these performances were absolutely stellar. To anyone reading this brief review of Mr. Braugher's work, please do yourselves an enormous favor and check out films like Get On The Bus, The Tuskegee Airmen or It's The Rage.
  • Homicide...

I first came across Andre Braugher on the NBC show "Homicide: Life on the Street." This is one of the more serious, gifted actors of our day. On Homicide he played a very intense detective, always trying to prevail good over evil. He did win an Emmy for the show. I believe it was the season where he was stricken with a stroke. Masterful is an understatement.

Unfortunatly he had two shows of his own after that, both fine,Gideon's Crossing where he played a doctor and Thief where he played, well, a thief. Unfortunatly it is not often a network will stick with a good show even when ratings are low. Homicide was the one show for him.

Additionally he's done Shakespeare (got good reviews too) in Central Park.

He's so good you just want to see him in another fine acting vehicle.
  • I don't think you know what he's about . . .

Andre Braugher is by far one of the best actors of his generation. He first captured my attention as a no-holds bar detective on Homicide, and I've loved his performances ever since. He's also really doing a great job on theif. He's a man's man,from what I can tell-and is great at displaying a restrained bravado on screen. A classy actor and an underrated one. Kudos, Mr. Braugher!