Angela Lansbury

Angela Lansbury Fan Reviews (5)

• the murder she wrote queen!

Angela Lansbury has been recognized since shw appeared and played the best character in Murder She Wrote which has been much-admired as one of the best suspense TV series during the 80's despite of the imaginary script. No one will not get addicted with the show's plot because it covers with great entertainment and suspense! I really adore Angela Lansbury with her character here and she played constantly amazing up to the very last episode! I'm one of the biggest fans of Murder She Wrote and I searched all over the web to look for a good copy and placed an order at dvdbooth. com . I am glad that I received great quality DVDs and I'm now on Season 3. I really miss watching this show and I'm thankful to watch the episodes all over again.
  • Angela Lansbury has been one of the most influential actors of the last century. She has been in countless movies, Broadway shows, and TV roles, but she is best known by American TV audiences as Jessica Fletcher on Murder, She Wrote.

When I was a child, my brother and I took turns picking laserdiscs to play. He always chose Smokey and the Bandit and I always chose Bedknobs and Broomsticks. When I got older, I found I loved Angela Lansbury in Murder, She Wrote. This summer I saw Ms. Lansbury on Broadway in Deuce. I was so excited I cried most of the play. I had front row center seats and I could have touched her, though that would have been very inappropriate. Her faux fan in the play observed very much the same thing. Every Christmas, I listen to her Broadway recording from Aunt Mame "We need a little Christmas."
  • A legend in her own right!

I have always loved Angela Lansbury and considered her one
    Of the all-time greats if not THE all time greats.
    But really started following her career with Murder She Wrote and that Jean Stapleton turning down Jessica Fletcher proved to be a blessing in disguise for Lansbury as her all-time famous role. She can sing as well as act. Does it all in stride.
  • Angela Lansbury is talented in many ways.

Angela Lansbury is most known as Jessica Fletcher from Murder She Wrote, a former English teacher and writer who seemed to attract murder wherever she went, but Angela's talents where not just limited to tv, she played the voice of Mrs. Potts in Disney's Beauty and the Beast, and later reprised that role in Beauty and the Beast The Enchanted Christmas, and the Playstation 2 game Kingdom Hearts 2.

She also provided the voice of the Empress in Anastasia, and in each character she played she gave a superb performance, she gave Mrs. Potts a kind and loving nature, and Ana's grandmother, you couldn't help but feel sorry for her all she want was to find Anastasia.

She also played in movies and TV specials like Nanny McPhee and Mrs. Santa Clause. Angela Lansbury brings a certain flare to any part she plays, and no mater the part, you can't help but like her.
  • Angela Landbury exuded style and dignity that is rarely found today.

Watching Angela Lansbury portray the mystery novelist, JB Fletcher, on \\\'MURDER, SHE WROTE\\\' was a breath of fresh air. So many of today\\\'s actors portray \\\"cheap\\\" characters. The screenwriters, directors, in today\\\'s films tend to over rely on sex and violence in order to give their audience a cheap thrill. MURDER, SHE WROTE was never like that. I could sit, reclined and ready, with a cup of tea at hand, and a brand of creativity that seemed to mimic JB\\\'s very own. Angela was dignified and elegant, well manered and well spoken. It was always a pleasure to watch her portray the novelist, JB Fletcher. She seemed to wear her character with a certain style, remeniscent of the silver screen. She was all of the above, and yet she was never, not once, boring. She managed to attract an audience of all ages and backgrounds.