Bill Nighy

Bill Nighy Fan Reviews (2)

• Can show emotion and an entire array of humman expressions through tone alone.

Nighy's voice inflections, use of tone as well as volume bring his characters to life in a way that makes the other characters seem almost shallow. One example is as Davie Jones in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. The fact that his character’s face is not entirely human and yet Nighy still can convey an entire range of emotions with ease and precision is amazing. My favorite scene is the one where Jones and the two Turners are playing dice. The vocal sarcasm and tone differences in the scene make it one of the best of the movie. My other favorite scene is where the viewer is first introduced to Jones as you examine the survivors and Will on the boat. Again, his soft spoken and carefully chosen words completely set the mood for that entire scene.
  • Bill Nighy is a personal favorite of mine.

I have seen several movies with Bill Nighy and he never disappoints me. He can play drama, comedy and horror and the classics as well. I still giggle everytime I watch Love Actually because his Billy Mack character was brilliant and had the best lines of the whole movie. I thought his portrayal as Victor the head vampire in Underworld was a strong and convincing villian as well. He seems a bit quirky, yet so endearing. The HBO film, Girl in the cafe with him as a boring G8 summit worker was beautifully played and showed another side of his great talent. He is now finally getting his due in the USA by his co-starring in the Pirates of the Carribean movies, playing a squid faced Davey Jones, but the CGI and make-up cannot hide his great facial expressions and those bright blue eyes which light up the character. Cheers Billy and keep acting and I will keep watching you!