Billy Crystal

Billy Crystal Fan Reviews (4)

• Billy Crystal

I had seen a few movies with him in them City Slickers, City Slickers 2 and Monsters Inc. His character Mitch in City Slickers was funny it suited him perfectly, and the character of Mike Wizowski in Monsters Inc. was smart, and funny, he has hosted a few award shows and he is one talented actor.
  • empty

Billy Crystal is a true actor. You really believe that he got into acting because he loves it for what it is. You'll never see him in any tabloids and you won't hear any gossip about him. In his roles, you sense more realism than many other actor's who are considered more talented than he. Of all of his roles in all of his movies, my favorite has to be "City Slickers."
  • Thank you for 700 Sundays. I always knew you were brilliant, now I know where it comes from

I often wonder where the brilliant talent in the world comes from. So seldom to we get the chance to truly understand the workings of these incomparable minds. Autobiographies generally fall way short. Not so with 700 Sundays. I was there when he stood on the musical instrument case and performed for the first time in front of his father's musician friends. I was in Billy's living room when he performed for his family. I was with him when his Dad's business had to close and I felt his "otherness". I love it now when I think of all the times I think back on Billy's references to "FACE", the nickname he got from Zutty, and then he says "Can you dig that? I knew that you could". Someone else may have said it first but when I hear those words, it's all Billy Crystal.

I've never been disappointed by any of Billy's work, be it stage, stand-up, movies or emceeing an event. This book just brings it all together.

Thank Billy, for sharing your 700 Sundays with me
  • I have seen only two of his movies.

The first movie with him involved I ever saw was The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle. His role as Traveling Mattress Salesman was one of the funniest and random cameo roles EVER!!! Then there is Monsters Inc. I love his role as Mike Wazowski! One of the funniest celebrities out there.