Brent Spiner

Brent Spiner Fan Reviews (6)

• Brilliant - I can't say enough about him!

I'm fairly certain Brent Spiner is the best actor I've ever seen in my life, plus he sings and dances, a rarity in Hollywood these days. There are some celebrities who should be shot before making a CD, but Brent can make as many CDs as he wants! The man is a class act. He's not constantly in the tabloids (unlike others who shall not be named), and and I know from experience that he's a very nice guy as well. He's never given a performance that's anything less than superb! Brent is immensely talented. Every time I see him in something, I think, "Someone give him an Oscar!" He could get one quite easily. I've never seen an actor who's more deserving of one. Even when he's little more than a glorified extra, he brings something unique and beautiful to the part. Mr. Spiner is one of the most underappreciated people in Hollywood, and that's just wrong. He deserves so much better. He doesn't rely on scandals to keep his career going (again, unlike some people I will not name, but we all know who they are). He worked hard to get to where he is today, and Hollywood needs to give him the credit that he's earned. Some people seem to think that he hasn't done anything besides Star Trek, but that's simply not true. Brent has an extensive film and theatre career, both before and after his tenure on Star Trek. I can't compliment him enough, and he should serve as a role model for all aspiring actors.
  • So much more than "Data"...

...but oh what an iconic character he created in everyone's beloved android-who-would-be-human. I have to say Data is and will always be, one of my favourite TV characters on one of my all-time favourite TV series.
    I was really disappointed when "Threshold" didn't get picked up because I thought that series also had an interesting premise, and I found Brent Spiner's character possessed lots of major potential. Unfortunately, once again the networks were asleep at the pool...uh...wheel, and passed on what would probably have been a great thing.
    At any rate, I have missed seeing him in front of the camera, and hope that he finds another vehicle which satisfies his particular creative style.
  • We know him from Star Trek but he's much more than Data...

Unlike everyone else I've first seen Brent Spiner in Independence Day, rather than in star trek. Now that I've seen The Nex Generation - and some his guest appearances in Friends and Joey- I think I can give him a fair judgement. Well I think he may be the best actor I've ever seen. He does an absolutely perfect job portraying Data - which is not easy- and, as we can see throughout his career, he really can be a chamaleon. He can do every kind of character he wants to and he always commits himself so much that every character becomes "alive". Definitely one of the best actors around, especially in Tv shows!
  • Data.

The most annoying thing about Brent Spiner is the fact that his character of Data will always seem to haunt him no matter what he does. I liked the character, but you must wonder if one can shed an alter ego like that. I think Brent Spiner is a good actor. He was really good as Data from Star Trek. I must say that he was one of the better characters of the Star Trek ilk. I also remember seeing him in other shows, but I think he was best in a Starfleet uniform. Overall, a decent actor with some talent. Thank you.
  • empty

He is just so great. I only remember the Star Trek movies but on Tv, he did so many great roles and was fabulous in each one of them.
  • great actor.

I'm glad to see him back after being blow'd up in Star Trek unnecessarily. An scientist that used to be an activist on his new show, sounds fun and it is, would like to see more of this type of thing on the show though. When he played Data it was always fun to watch when he short-circuited for some reason or another.