Buddy Ebsen

Buddy Ebsen Fan Reviews (2)

• Lovable!

Buddy Ebsen was such a lovable character actor. He was always the epitome of the the homespun grandfather that knew how to fix any problem. His work as Jed Clampett on "The Beverley Hillbillies", was just the tip of the iceberg for this wonderfully talented man. "Barnaby Jones" was another side of Ebsen that allowed viewers a chance to see what Ebsen was more capable of as an actor. Ebsen's movie work back in the day was slao very good, but it just hard to picture him as the dancer he once was! I will always remember him as the grandfather figure I so wished had been real!!!
  • Could of been The Tin Man, in The Wizard of Oz!

I'm surpised that he was casted to be the Tin Man in The Wizard of Oz. He had to resign from the part do to inhaling to much aluminum dust from the dangerously experimental tin makeup. Anyways about the only show i never saw him in was The Beverly Hillbillies, which i thought was a great show. He even guest stared on King Of The Hill, which is amazing cause he must of been 85 to 90 years old when he did it. He lived till he was 95 years old, which is a pretty long time haha. He was a great actor, till he retired when he was in his 80's.