Butch Hartman

Butch Hartman Fan Reviews (25)

• Like Seth MacFarlane, Butch Hartman his flaws in his works

I defend Butch Hartman exactly like Seth MacFarlane, who is actually friends with each other. A lot of people compared Butch to Seth because they both created three shows and they are very similar in art style. I feel like Butch get hatred like Seth except it's the different reasons. Unlike Seth MacFarlane, who is known for adult humor and using a lot of offensive stuffs in his work, Butch is notorious for his shows' bad writing style. It's understandable, because his writings are very repetitive. His shows always use running gags. Those type of jokes always run its course after being used for the third time. There are some running gags that are funny like Timmy's Dad always cursing Dinkleberg's name and Dudley chewing his butt. However, there are some that tiresome like Mr. Crocker in general (especially when he always yelling "FAIRY!!" ) as well as Dudley whining over things.

Now, for the shows, I'll be talking about from the first to the most recent works. First, FOP is so easy to explain. It was a really well done show for the most part at first. But then, Poof was born, and most people are mixed with it now. I can understand the downfall of the show with Poof's birth, but he's not the reason why FOP is going downhill. The show is going downhill because most things are taken up to 11 like Cosmo's idiotic demeanor, Timmy's jerky behavior, as well increased usage of Timmy's Dad and Crocker. Yes, overage of Timmy's Dad and Crocker had been starting to get on my nerves and those two characters are prone to make cameos even if they're important in that episode. Timmy's dad may some funny moments, but he now he's a comic relief character and while Crocker is really used a lot. Season 7 had been my least favorite season though because (despite season 7 being my offical downfall of the show) Nickelodeon took forever airing these episodes and it started to show signs that there were more bad episodes. Season 9 had been alright so far. As for Danny Phantom, I really don't care much for it since it's an action show. I'm into that type of show and it's different than FOP. TUFF Puppy is my favorite Hartman show right now because it had more creativity than FOP nowadays. There might still be annoyances like Dudley's uneeded complaining and running gags, I still like the show. I don 't understand why people hate it so much, it's not even that gross for a modern day Nicktoon. I'm bummed out that the show is ending already (5 seasons should have good enough) and that Nick doesn't care about anymore.

Writing style: Again, his writing is repetitive. It suffers from repeating a running gag over and over again. It's the weakest point of his animation career. Most on that on my REVISED FOP and TP review. 6/10

Art style: I'm not big of a fan of thick outlines, but I actually like the art style he uses his shows. It seems like Dexter's Lab (a show that he worked before) inspired him to use that type of art in shows and it looks too identical though. 8/10

Animation: The animation is kind of lazy on FOP but it got better on the new season for sure and that's one of my positive for the new FOP episodes. TP has better animation especially during climax scenes. 9/10

Humor: Hit or miss for most of the new FOP, it's mainly hit during the early FOP and TP. 7.5/10

Overall, Butch Hartman may not be my favorite cartoon creator due to the flaws in his show, but I still enjoy FOP and TP. Don't judge me, there are some fair share of excellent episodes of Fop from time to time, but I still understand why it's in a decline. I do hope when the show finally ends, he moves on to something fresh and new.

Person score: 9/10
  • He Is A Horrible Writer............NOT! He is the best modern day Nickelodeon Writer!He's Better Than Stephen Hillenberg!(creator of Spongebob).

Butch Hartman Works For Nickelodeon and produced 3 hit show "The Fairly Odd Parents", "Danny Phantom", and "T.U.F.F Puppy". He has also worked with Hanna Barbera For a Couple Of Years!He is also friends with Seth Macfarlane who Made the Shows "Family Guy", "American Dad", and "The Cleveland Show". He Also Makes Catchy Theme Songs:
    Timmy is an average kid, That no one understands, Mom and Dad and Vicky always giving him commands. Vicky: Bed twirp! Doom and Gloom up in his room, Is broken instantly, By his magic little fish who grant his every wish, Cuz in reality they are his Odd Parents, Fairly Odd Parents, Wanda: Wands and wings, Comso: Floaty Crowny things, Odd Parents, Fairly Odd Parents, Really odd, pea pod, buff bod, hot rod, Timmy:Obtuse, rubber goose, green moose, guave juice, Giant snake, birthday cake, large fries, chocolate shake, Odd Parents, Fairly Odd Parents, It flips your lid when you are the kid, With Fairly Odd Parents, Vicky: Yeah right, and...............

*he's a phantom
    *danny Phan- Danny phan- danny phantom

Yo Danny Fenton he was just 14 when his parents built a very
    strange machine

It was designed to view a world unseen
    (he's gonna catch em all cuz he's danny phantom )

When it didnt quite work his
    folks they just quit then Danny took a look inside of it
    there was a great big flash
    every thing just changed
    his molecules got all rearranged

(phantom phantom)

When he first woke up he had realized he had snow white hair
    and glowin green eyes
    he could walk through walls
    dissappear and fly
    he was much more unique then the other guys
    and it was then danny knew what he had to do
    he had to stop all the ghosts that were comin through
    he's here to fight for me and you

(he's gonna catch em all cuz he's danny phantom gonna catch em all
    cuz he's danny phantom gonna catch em all cuz he's)

* He's Danny Phantom
  • He is by far one of the greatest cartoon writers ever.

Butch Hartman is not only a comic genius, but he is one of the greatest and versitile people in animated cartoons ever. His writing producing, directing, and acting credits not only include Danny Phantom and The Fairly OddParents, but they also inclue Dan Danger, Crash Nebula, Family Guy, and Johnny Bravo as well. The show that he created, The Fairly OddParents, is about to become only the fourth cartoon on Nickelodeon to have at least 100 episodes as it constantly rivals Spongebob Squarepants in the ratings, and it even surpases it in some weeks. He is even a great humanitarian as he and his wife are establishing a home for troubled children.
  • Butch Hartman says pokemon is bad.

0.0
    Butch Hartman is a talentless pin head. He thinks pokmeon is bad, at least pokemon don't have adult humor in it. And it encourages teamwork, the fairy odd parents does not. If had kids I'd let them watch a violent movie before Butch Hartman's crap shows. And all of his shows stink. The man is a loser, why can't some people see that? Hartman could not make a good show to save his life.
  • Great Director! he has awesome shows!

He's a great director! He's jokes on Danny Phantom and The Fairly Odd parents are not lame! their hilarious! I like how childish his mind is, I think his really one of the best Directors right now... I really like his animation style it's very cartoon-ish? yet very cool I mean The Fairly Odd Parents was the cartoon that really attracted me to Nick and when I watched Danny Phantom, I was like "WOW!" His shows are addicting, when you see him in behind the scenes he's really funny, he's jokes on his shows never gets old, unlike spongebob. I don't like the way Nick is treating his shows they cancelled both shows! they should be happy butch is working for them! I'd like to see his future projects...
  • He is so...WOW!

I would say that he is the BEST DIRECTOR EVER! i mean look at all the shows he has produced. It is so totally original and totally funny. i mean his jokes are hilarious, his animations are cool and the way he produces the show is just simply amazing. I mean he has to be like the only cartoon director that doesnt make crappy shows. I mean i would say that Steven Hillenburg( creator of spongebob) was the best director but because of the recent spongebob episodes i have to say otherwise. I think he is a great guy. Go Butch!
  • Butch Hartman is a wonderful writting and director, he has real talent to make all of his shows suspending yet funny and cool. Though, I wish that he would stick to a project instead of leaving it to start a new one.

The 'Butch Hartman touch' is what I call what all of his cartoons have that make them so awesome. Fairly Odd Parents and its characters are all very hilarious, the dialogue is always in character and all of his characters' feelings are so real(espeically in the Abra Catastrophe movie). In Danny Phantom, Butch's more suspending skill can in tact, Danny Phantom is definetly one suspending and action filled show, yet it still has the same great humor that all kids love. If Danny Phantom wasn't put out of production, I'm sure that Danny Phantom would soon rank on the top 5 of Nickelodeon's best cartoons along with Spongebob and his other show, The Fairly Odd Parents.

Though, to me, not everyone is perfect. I was greatly disapointed that he left the writting staff of The Fairly Odd parents 3 or 4 seasons in just when his cartoon was reaching the peek of popularity. I don't mind in him wanting to start a new show, since I can understand that Fairly odd Parents had probably already reached his destined goal in becoming largely popular, but leaving the staff almost altogether and having the other writters attempt to continue it for him just didn't do any justice for Fairly Odd Parents as a show.
  • Butch Hartman is an animator and director of the very successful series "The Fairly OddParents" and "Danny Phantom" .

Butch Hartman is one of my animation heroes. Fairly Odd Parents influenced my art style. His cartoons have always made me laugh. I love his shows. He is a great animator and director and sometimes a great voice actor0. I like how his fairly Odd Parents characters wear stretchy pants. That's hilarious. Oh yeah did I mention he's a great writer? His writing is key to both of his series. Even though the last seasons of fairly Odd Parents have been bad (he was making Danny Phantom great) He's coming back to the writing staff. And i can't wait to see what gems he's put in Fairly Odd Parents. I wish he would make a Fairly odd parents Movie for theaters.
  • He's raw.

• Creator of The Fairly Oddparents and Danny Phantom.

I love Butch Hartman! He created two of my favorite shows: The Fairly Oddparents and Danny Phantom. The Fairly Oddparents isn't a show to get obsessive about, but it's still really good. It's both funny and creative. Danny Phantom is my favorite. I'm obsessed with that show. The animation is superb. I mean, come on, look how hot Danny is. Had Butch used another form of animation, Danny probably wouldn't look so darn cute. I'm upset by the fact that Nickelodeon is trying to cancel both of Butch's shows. I'm hoping we will be able to see more of his work in the future.
  • Fantastic and original

Well he definetly made better shows if it's compared to Pokemon. Sure it's ok but Danny Phantom was fantastic and when I saw the last episode Phantom Planet it was a superb ending, but, I just don't want the show to end! It was so awesome and and....I will miss it. Hopefully he will create another mega awesome show and replace it for Mr. Meaty bleh. Come on Butch save us from the Meat disaster with one of your fantastic ideas!!!
  • He is the best.

Butch Hartman seriously rocks out loud. He creates great shows like danny phantom( the best) and the fairly oddparents. His shows are unique and witty. Anyone in the whole entire family can watch them and enjoy. He stands tall in the face of advercity when Nick cancels (or stops showing new episodes whatever same thing)he takes it like a gentleman which is something that we fans of his show did not. He just writes great story's even though he was working on two shows at once and never once let us down. If you do not watch his shows you seriosly should they may be cartoons but then you never can judge a book by its cover.
  • Butch Hartman is one of the greatest creators, directors and writers that i have never seen.

butch Hartman is a very talented creator, director and writer both of his shows the fairly odd parents and Danny phantom are very high rated and funny, the fairly odd parents was very original show the personality of the characters are very different and so in Danny phantom, those are great shows and butch Hartman is very creative and good at drawing. Butch is awesome, butch is awesome, butch is awesome, butch is awesome, butch is awesome, butch is awesome, butch is awesome, butch is awesome, butch is awesome, butch is awesome, butch is awesome, butch is awesome, butch is awesome, butch is awesome, butch is awesome, butch is awesome.
  • this guy ccant stick to a project i mean look

6.7
    if this guy could stick to a project the fairly oddparents wouldnt be cancelled plus he cant even stick to danny phantom why cause this guy cant stick to a project never had never will im sorry but nothing nice said from me so i give him a 6.7 out of 10.0
  • Creator of the two best cartoons in existence, "Danny Phantom" and "The Fairly OddParents."

Butch Hartman is a genius writer. I love both of his works, especially "Danny Phantom."

Where to start? He has a great sense of humor which he applies to his shows to make them the great shows that they are. His animation is so unique, which I really like. I really like how all characters in "Danny Phantom" have FIVE fingers on each hand, unlike most cartoons that are out there. What I also admire in him is that in the episodes of his shows he can relate them to the real-life situations that kids have. Most adults are clueless about the modern-day kid's life, but not him.

There are so many positive words to describe this man. He is great, funny, awesome, superb, comical, original, artistic, amazing, and, oh yeah, a genius. I think he deserves his own adjective.

Anyways, I recommend you watch his shows. They are just awesome.
  • This guy's the creator of the hit series The Fairly Oddparents and Danny Phantom. He also took part in directing the Jimmy and Timmy Power Hours.

Now this guy knows cartoons. He's a cartoon genius. He knows what we viewers want. He thinks of what we think is funny, unlike others who make stuff that only they think is funny. To me, he seems like the most successful person in Nick right now. His ideas are great. I never get tired of laughing when I watch his shows. He comes up with his own stuff, and I think that's why I love watching his shows. There is rarely any "That's already been done" stuff. Most of it is all new, to me. He should win some awards for best cartoons or something like that. LONG LIVE BUTCH!
  • We have so much in common… except he’s famous and a man, but I digress.

As the creator of Fairly Odd-Parents and then Danny Phantom, I was surprised to find various similarities between Mr. Hartman and myself. But then when I thought about it, that is probably why I enjoy a lot of his humor.

Fairly Odd-Parents appeals to me because of how ridiculous the situations are and often hidden jokes are sprinkled into the show. I know some feel the humor has waned, but for the most part I still enjoys Mr. Hartman’s (and his staff’s) work.

So it was my enjoyment of FOP, which led me to start watching Danny Phantom. Again, another show with hidden references, which I found amusing and yet went over my 9-year-old’s head. The only issue for us now is our daughter thinks she’ s “part-Goth” like it’s some sort of heritage thing :-). I point out to her that just because she likes the character Sam doesn’t mean she’s part-Goth.

As it appears both of these series maybe sunsetting, I look forward to seeing any new projects Mr. Hartman has in store for us.
  • A pretty good guy.

Butch Hartman is a person that created 2 nick shows! his shows are the fairly oddparents and danny phantom! the fairly oddparents is a show about a boy, timmy who is being tortured by his evil babysitter vicky. to make it better, he gets 2 magical creatures known as cosmo and wanda. they're his fairly oddparents! his friends are chester and a.j.. his mean teacher is mr. crocker.

dany phantom is butch hartman's second show. it is about a kid named danny, and he gets ghost powers. now he realizes he has to fight ghosts that are terrorizing where he lives.

butch hartman is the best!
  • awesome guy

butch hartman is a person that created 2 nick shows! his shows are the fairly oddparents and danny phantom! the fairly oddparents is a show about a boy, timmy who is being tortured by his evil babysitter vicky. to make it better, he gets 2 magical creatures known as cosmo and wanda. they're his fairly oddparents! his friends are chester and a.j.. his mean teacher is mr. crocker.

butch hartman is the best!
  • One of the best directors and writter and creator

He is a really good director and writter and creator. I am a little mad that he left fairly odd parents but then he made my favorite show danny phantom. but i am glad that he got a new director for fairly odd parents then have it go off the air. i think it's better to get a new director then have something go off the air FOREVER!
  • At times I like him and other times I can't stand him.

7.7
    Ok here are some reasons why I like Butch Hartman:
    1)He created two of my favorite shows(Dp and FOP)
    2)He seems like a nice guy. Not caught up with his success of his hit shows.
    3)Hes a good writer and director for FOP and Dp.

Now here are some reasons why I can't stand him:
    1)He abandoned FOP and now the show totally sucks.
    2)He seems to care more about Dp then FOP which makes me mad.
    3)He knows both his shows are being cancelled and its like he doesnt care. hes all like, oh I thank Nick so much for putting my shows on the air. I would be like I hate you Nick your just trying to put in retarted shows like catscratch instead of my shows.
  • creator of The Fairly Odd Parents and Danny Phantom

Butch Hartman is a very creative cartoonist he created great shows like The Fairly Odd Parents and Danny Phantom. They are both really well drawn and extremly funny. Fairly Odd Parents is about a 10-year-old boy named Timmy Turner who has fairy god parents, Danny Phantom is about a 14-year-old boy named Danny Fenton who has ghost powers. Both shows are very entertaining it takes a lot of work to keep up with two shows especially when they are both very popular.
  • Butch Hartman is, in my oppinion, one of the greatest cartoon creaters that I have ever seen. He has created two of Nickalodian's top shows, Danny Phantom, and The Fairly Odd Parents. He makes them funny and enjoyable for kids and sometimes even parents t

Kids across the nation are recignizing Butch Hartman's talent as a cartoonist. The creater of both Danny Phantom and The Farily Odd Parents, obivously wants kids to enjoy the shows, while their parents alow them to watch them.
    Butch Hartman is gifted with acting, some singing on the side, and has a nack for drawing cartoons for millions of people to enjoy. Butch is one of my favorite cartoon creaters, and anytime I see his name in the opening credits for a T.V. show/cartoon, I watch, and I am amazed at what I see.
    Butch Hartman is a gifted, talented, charming man who obivously loves to make kids and parents across the nation smile and laugh.
  • He's Good, but...

5.5
    He can be a good producer, director, writer or actor, but there is one thing that he doesnt have, creative; you can say that I love him, he way to make comedy situations is perfect, the best from all others, but when he make a episode, i dont expect much, the same stories about almost the same thing.

Resuming, He's the best, when we talk about comedy, but he's not the best when we talk about make an Episode [For Example: Fairly Oddparents, it's a nice show, but if you see day by day, like i do, you will start to see that this show, is the best, really funny, but each episode, is simmilar to the next.]
  • A great producer, director, writer, and actor!

He makes some pretty awesome shows and writes, directs, and produces for pretty awesome shows he seems to have all of shows produced by Frederator Studios now which is pretty good company he's wrote for various shows on Cartoon Network like Johnny Bravo and Cow & Chicken and then switched over to nick, He's also created great shows like Fairly Oddparents, Danny Phantom, and the two rumored shows Crash Nebula, and Kung Fu Spy Troll!