Camilla Severi

Camilla Severi Fan Reviews (2)

• Great housemate, awesome radio host, perfect all round.

Camilla Severi, also known as Camilla Halliwell, first appeared on reality television show Big Brother in April 2006.
    She was constantly nominated by her housemates, but public affection because of her positive affection and attitude saw her right to the end of the show.
    Shortly before leaving, the housemates had to perform several tasks, one of which being the "Leap Of Faith". Camilla was rather traumatised, but went to the top, and done her very best for her fellow housemates.
    This is an example of the true dedication she had to not only Big Brother, but also to her housemates.
    Unfortunately, she was beaten in the grand final show by fellow housemate Jamie.
    She was exceedingly happy for Jamie, who had been one of her closest friends in the house for the entire 100 days.
    After a few months of enjoying life back out in the real world, and doing what she loved, she became a radio host at Brisbane's B105FM radio station.
    This is where she currently is, and with any luck, will be, for quite some time in the future.
    Camilla : Awesome housemate, awesome radio host. Awesome indeed.
  • Camilla has made BB06 what it is.

In my hearts of hearts, hm Camilla Severi has exceeded all my expectations of what a ‘BB HM’ should be – full of personality, fun, drama, open-initiative and unafraid to confront one’s own human frailty, weakness and strengths.

Yes…Camilla has provided all of the above ‘entertainment’ and more; she has taken me on a roller-coaster ride of highs and lows, of heart-wrenching sadness, mind-blowing joy and personal growth. I don’t think I’ve cried or laugh so much watching any series of Big Brother, ever. :D

I have emphasized the word ‘personal growth’, because as much as I believe BB is about entertainment for the masses, however, MORE importantly for the Hms themselves it SHOULD be a personal journey of change and emerging as a better person by the end of the show. And that’s what WE want to see! When we watch a movie, we want to see the characters conflict, change and ultimately grow…it’s a very satisfying thing. Without change, life would be stuck at a point.

Camilla’s amazing personal journey is what sets her apart from the remaining Hms. From an under-dog with no hope whatsoever of surviving the first few weeks, she has overcome many adversities using diplomacy and ultimately becoming a stronger person, whilst maintaining her integrity in the process. I feel Camilla has learned so much about herself and others from the BB experience. She has learned to be more patient and accept what she can’t change.

“Essentially, I've learned about the person who I really am, without all the outside influences, distractions and noise. I'm someone who stands up for what she believes in no matter the cost. I think that with being in here comes a greater understanding and tolerance of people. I can be quite short tempered and often don't think before I speak, and this is definitely something which has been made obvious to me in the house.” - Camilla.

Whilst Jamie and David have also provided viewing fun, they have not really grown and learned from their BB experience. Essentially they’re still the same cardboard cutout characters we saw in the beginning. David in particular, I feel has closed himself off emotionally for the last few weeks.

Camilla for all those reasons I’ve mentioned above, has really shined. She has literally bared her soul on national TV… On top of that she’s a genuine, loyal and overly-forgiving person who wears her heart on her sleeve –what better hm or friend can we ask for? :)) Therefore in my hearts of hearts, Camilla is the winner of the human experiment known as Big Brother. (~*^.^*~)

“I've been true to myself the whole way through this experience and I hope that everyone can see that.” - Camilla.