As a child, Caroline enjoyed theater, opera, literature and art which led her to her career as an actress.
While appearing in the play Quartermaine's Terms, Caroline broke her back.
Caroline Lagerfelt attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts.
As a child in Europe, Caroline learned about America through Seventeen magazine which left her with the impression that girls in the United States stayed up past 11 p.m. and ate hot dogs and angel food cake.
Caroline appeared in the movie Bye Bye, Love with Eliza Dushku and Amber Benson who both had roles on Buffy the Vampire Slayer where Caroline guest starred as Anne, Spike's mother.
In 2002, Caroline starred in a pilot for USA Network's Red Skies as Veronica Pierson, but it was never picket up.
Caroline's work in theater has garnered her the following awards:
• An Outer Critics Circle Award for her role in Lend Me A Tenor directed by Jerry Zaks
• A Drama Desk Nomination for her role in The Constant Wife directed by Sir John Gielgud and Ingrid Bergman
Caroline has appeared in the following Off-Broadway plays:
• Guantanamo: Honor Bound to Defend Freedom, Moonlight and Clarence (Roundabout)
• Phaedra Brittanica and The Creditors (Classic Stage Company, directed by Carey Perloff),
• Quartermaine's Terms (directed by Harold Pinter, Obie Award)
• Close of Play, Other Places, and Look Back in Anger (all Manhattan Theatre Club)
• Cloud Nine (Lucille Lortel), and The Workroom (directed by Nicholas Kent)
• Regionally, Mary Stuart (directed by Carey Perloff at Huntington)
• A Midsummer Night's Dream (Old Globe)
• The Misanthrope (directed by Garland Wright, Guthrie)
• Arturo Ui and Les Liaisons Dangereuses (Williamstown)
• Night and Day (Theatre Clwyd Wales, with Ralph Fiennes)
• Dog Days (English Vienna Theater)
• Misalliance, The Physicist, The Devil's Disciple, The Importance of Being Earnest, Lloyd George Knew My Father (with Sir Ralph Richardson)
• To Grandmother's House We Go (with Eva LeGalliene)
• Gertrude in Classic Stage Company's Hamlet
Caroline has starred in the following plays on Broadway:
• Lend Me A Tenor
• The Real Thing
• Small Family Business
• Four on a Garden • Betrayal
• Otherwise Engaged
• The Constant Wife
• The Jockey Club Stakes
• The Philanthropist
Caroline is a certified Red Cross Disaster Relief Volunteer.
Caroline's is half English, half Swedish. Her father is a Baron from Swedon and her mother Sara Champion de Crespigny was from England.
Caroline's father, Baron Karl-Gustav Lagerfelt was an ambassador for Sweden in Vienna.
Caroline has two sons.
Caroline speaks four different languages.
Caroline Lagerfelt will portray Sister Helena in The New Group's revival of "The Prime of Miss Jean Brody" Off Broadway, fall 2006. Directed by Scott Elliott the cast features Cynthia Nixon in the title role and includes Emily Bicks,Ritchie Coster, Betsy Hogg, Zoe Kazan, John Pankow, Caity Quinn, Matthew Rauch, Sarah Steele and Halley Wegryn Gross.
Caroline:(On her first time being fired from a play) I was absolutely devastated. You feel like you have a big sign across your forehead saying, 'inadequate.'
Caroline:(About preforming on the dinner theater circuit early in her career) We'd wait on tables, shower, rush on stage and act -dreadfully I'm sure. After the show, we'd all have to line up and shake hands with everybody who was leaving, like little performing monkeys. And then -- we each had our own set of tables -- we'd rush to our tables for the tips.
Caroline: I just love the feeling in America that you can do anything you want to do if you really set your mind to it. It sounds corny. But foreigners like me really know that.
Caroline: I remember the first time I was on stage. I played a dog walker. Although I realized how small my role was, I was still elated the minute I walked on stage. From that moment on , I never doubted my desire to become a real actress.
No one has discussed Caroline Lagerfelt yet. Start a conversation!