Charisma Carpenter

Forums: Charisma Carpenter Board: The Evolution Of Cordy

SMGslayer97

[1]Jul 22, 2006
    • level: 34
    I think that over the years as Cordelia Chase Charisma took the character and made her into such a complex and interesting character, which is not how she started out. From giving Xander a chance to change her popular ways, to having her really experience true friendship with Angel, Wesley, and Doyle, and falling for Angel she really turned the character around.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jameswilson245

[2]Jul 26, 2006
    • level: 32
    i think she did a really good job of playing cordeilia from the earlier stages on buffy when she was a bit menaer to the later stages of angel when she was alot nicer and tried to help a lot more. she also played evil quite well and shes really really really really really hot

SMGslayer97

[3]Jul 30, 2006
    jameswilson245 wrote:
    shes really really really really really hot

Haha. Goes without saying!

CMitchell317

[4]Jan 2, 2007
    • level: 10
    Charisma really went above and beyond with that character. I'd go so far as to say that by the end, she was the most well developed Character in the Buffyverse.

SMGslayer97

[5]Jan 3, 2007
    CMitchell317 wrote:
    Charisma really went above and beyond with that character. I'd go so far as to say that by the end, she was the most well developed Character in the Buffyverse.

Especially considering hwo far she came, where she came from. She started out quite rankyl as a very mean and spoiled little rich girl and really became a hero.

bricoleur

[6]Jan 23, 2007
    • level: 3
    CMitchell317 wrote:

I completely agree she was my fav after willow (only b/c I like Alyson Hannigan) her character became such a better person. Her death was a righteous one

SMGslayer97

[7]Jan 25, 2007
    bricoleur wrote:
    CMitchell317 wrote:

I completely agree she was my fav after willow (only b/c I like Alyson Hannigan) her character became such a better person. Her death was a righteous one

I was so sad to see her go though, it was heartbreaking.

morningwhiskey

[8]Feb 6, 2007
    • level: 3
    Cordelia Chase was by far my favourite character on Angel, which is why it was so disappointing when her storyline went off the rails. It was sad to watch the writers tear the character to pieces, even though they explanation of the 'Jasmine taking over her body' was executed fine, it was still too late an explanation for the terrible things they had the character do. The reason for her actions didn't come soon enough, I think, and then she was killed off.
    Poor Cordelia!

NonaFiona

[9]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 5
    morningwhiskey wrote:
    Cordelia Chase was by far my favourite character on Angel, which is why it was so disappointing when her storyline went off the rails. It was sad to watch the writers tear the character to pieces, even though they explanation of the 'Jasmine taking over her body' was executed fine, it was still too late an explanation for the terrible things they had the character do. The reason for her actions didn't come soon enough, I think, and then she was killed off.
    Poor Cordelia!

Totally agree.

I adored her in the early days of Buffy, too. I think she was only the character to help when she didn't have to - the others were bound by friendship, while Cordelia was on the outer. But she still gave a helping hand even if she did whinge about it!

SMGslayer97

[10]Mar 8, 2007
    NonaFiona wrote:
    morningwhiskey wrote:
    Poor Cordelia!

Totally agree.

I adored her in the early days of Buffy, too. I think she was only the character to help when she didn't have to - the others were bound by friendship, while Cordelia was on the outer. But she still gave a helping hand even if she did whinge about it!

Just goes to show that even though at the start of Buffy she was a littl witchy-poo and was often times mean to the scoobies she had a heart, some where.

Kadodian

[11]Dec 8, 2007
    • level: 23

her changes from a spoilt popular cheerleader to a warrior is remarkable.

CORDY is the best !!!!!

thacrowbar

[12]Jan 2, 2009
    • level: 10

She has some competition with Wes in terms of the character that developed the most from where they started though.

Really love Cordy from Buffy through season two of Angel. Didn't really like where they took the character after that. It was good that they made her a better person, but she was never as funny after season two, and I didn't care for the "will they or won't they" crap they pulled with her and Angel, and season four wasn't really her anyway.