Cheyenne Kimball

Cheyenne Kimball Fan Reviews (7)

• I guess since I just became editor, I should do my part and write a review. Read on to see my thoughs on what makes Cheyenne good.

A little prelim info first:
    Cheyenne was originally signed to Epic Records as a solo artist. She is now signed to the independent label, Emblem, with her new band, Gloriana. Their debut album is currently in the works.
    ----

Being a guy who enjoys the finer points of Prog Rock and Death Metal, it was difficult at first to admit that I like Cheyenne. I've gotten over that though and here's why.

I happen to have a soft spot for talented female singer-songwriters, and Cheyenne fits that bill fairly well. Truth be told, her talent isn't her singing though. She is simply an OK singer, and at times it seems as though she is straining. However, I'm sure her voice will mature as she does, which is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to her new band's first album.

Regardless, her true talent is her musicianship and songwriting abilities. A close, unbiased listen to her album, "The Day Has Come", will confirm this; but what's more impressive is that she wrote all those songs when she was 14 and 15 (or younger for some songs).

Cheyenne has potential and regardless of the limited success of her first professional venture, she has great things to offer music. Who knows, maybe the switch from a major label to an indie label will prove beneficial for her, as she won't be forced to stifle her creativity to satisfy the pullers of the purse strings.

I'm really looking forward to her future.