Christina Ricci

Forums: Christina Ricci Board: Christina Ricci Quips and Quotes

Formulakaz

[1]Feb 23, 2009
    • level: 76
    As per site guidelines of having just 10 quotes per person guide, I am transferring some of the interesting quotes previously found in the Quotes section of the guide to this forum. If you wish to submit a new quote, either do it on this thread or kindly PM me before replacing any of the existing quotes on the Quotes section. Thanks!
    Edited on 02/23/2009 2:19pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Formulakaz

[2]Feb 23, 2009
    Christina: (after speaking to members of Congress in her role as an activist for the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network) When I was invited to speak to members of Congress I was like, 'Uh, are you sure? I might say something stupid.' To me, Washington D.C. always seemed like a place you could never get into. But it's surprisingly accessible. You can actually talk to the people who govern and write legislation - and they responded.

Formulakaz

[3]Feb 23, 2009
    Christina: (about being an adult actress) I've just been able to enjoy being myself in a way that I never did. It's been a gradual process. But when I started becoming a teenager, I'd gotten a little bit pudgy, and I took my dieting too far. I always wanted to do everything right, so I just became totally focused on it. Now I give myself five minutes a day to be insecure, and then I'm done. Going through the day being self-conscious is not fun.

Formulakaz

[4]Feb 23, 2009
    Christina: I do not want to waste one more minute of my life feeling bad about the way I look. If you're obsessed with how you look in your bikini, you're not going to have as much fun at the beach. I've never liked summer because I didn't want to show off my arms - I know how crazy that sounds.

Formulakaz

[6]Feb 23, 2009
    Christina: Remember who you are. It's really okay to be who you are.

Formulakaz

[7]Feb 23, 2009
    Christina: I like playing people who are so afraid and ashamed of who they are and so disgusted by everyone around them that they decide to become the ultimate extreme of what they're afraid they are.

Formulakaz

[8]Feb 23, 2009
    Christina: I never did drugs - they made me feel awful physically. Of course, I experimented, but soon I thought, 'This is not worth the shame spiral the next day'. I'm the kind of person who, if I went to a slumber party and smoked a cigarette, I assumed my parents were going to die as punishment. So I'd have to call my mom, tell her I'd smoked and feel really bad.

Formulakaz

[9]Feb 23, 2009
    Christina: (revealing the origin of a lion tattoo on her back) It's Aslan, the lion God of Narnia, from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. It was a symbol of my hellish childhood. I struggled through my oppressive teenage years, and when I turned 18, I escaped. Like Aslan, I was finally free.

Formulakaz

[10]Feb 23, 2009
    Christina: I think reincarnation is possible. Hopefully, we all get recycled.

Formulakaz

[11]Feb 23, 2009
    Christina: They called me 'the young Delta Burke.' It's so silly. I weigh 105 pounds and wear a size two, but for some reason I'm a heavyweight.

Formulakaz

[12]Feb 23, 2009
    Christina: Now my body is really womanly - a little too much so. It's something I can fall back on. When I don't know what else to do, I stick my chest out.

Formulakaz

[13]Feb 23, 2009
    Christina: I spend a lot of time with my mother. When I'm doing movies, she's always with me. We spend days being bored in an apartment together waiting for someone to call and say I'm needed for a shot. Because we're together so much, we have to get along. We have to find ways to get to know each other. We've gone through a lot of stuff, you know, and I think we're pretty close.