Christine Cavanaugh

Christine Cavanaugh Fan Reviews (6)

6.8
  • why is her person score so low?

When I looked at Christina's person score I could not beleive how low it was. She is an amazing voice actress who has provided the voice for Dexter (the lead character) on the hit TV show Dexter's Lad and the voice of Chuckie Finster (a lead character) on another hit tv show the Rugrats. Both Christina and these shows have won emmys and when ever any one reviews her they always talk about how great she is and how much character she adds to her characters so I don;t understand why her score is so low. The only reason that I can think of is that people got mad at her for leaving voice acting. Any way I'm sorry Christana, YOU ROCK!
  • Good voice actress.

Though her nasally, scratchy voice can be slightly irritating, Christine Cavanaugh is simplky a wonderful voice actress. She has voiced many characters during what I like to call "The Golden Age of Cartoons", such as Dexter, my favorite boy genius, and Chuckie Finster, my favorite Rugrat. The voices she provided for all her charactes arew well suited and have resemble the character quite well. Today, it is still a mystery why she retired from show business. Other actors such as Candi Milo and Nancy Cartwright have tried to replace her characters, but they just can't match up to Cavanaugh's legendary voice.
  • The Original voice of Chuckie Finster on Rugrats

My favortie Christine Cavanaugh voice is Chuckie Finster on Rugrats. I think she did a way better job in doing his voice than Nancy Cartwright. If you ask me, Nancy should just stick with doing Bart's voice on The Simpsons, but that's another story. Anyway, I think Christine Cavanaugh's Chuckie voice is very cute. She madse his voice and personality so cute. That is why Chuckie is my favorite Character on Rugrats and I absolutely love him. I think Christine Cavanaugh should have never retired from voice acting. I never even heard of that before. Why did she anyway? Cause in my opinion, in the episodes of Rugrats where Nancy Cartwright does Chuckie's voice, it sounds of and sort of lacks and cute personality that Christine Cavanaugh gave him. I sort of got used to Nancy's Chuckie voice, (When I first heard it, I thought it sounded terrible.) but I think think Christine's Chuckie voice is better. Now don't get me wrong, there are other voices for cartoon characters that Christine Cavanaugh did voices for that I liked, (Like Dexter on "Dexter's Laboratory") but Chuckie Finster on Rugrats is my absolute favorite character that Christine did the voice for.
  • Christine Cavanaugh is really something. She is quite amazing.

I am very proud of Christine Cavanaugh's hard work and her best talent. She is quite the perfect voice for Gosalyn Waddlemeyer Mallard of the Disney's aminated series, Darkwing Duck. It's a pretty darn shame she retired for some reason in 2001. I am very pleased and amazed that she is a very talented person. She is quite something. I just want to say, "Christine, congratulations on your best work and all, and you should really be proud of yourself." I must say, Christine Cavanaugh is my favorite voice actress, and because she did an excellent job as the voices for Gosalyn Waddlemeyer Mallard.
  • Talented voice actress, best known for her scratchy voice and ability to do accents and won an Annie Award for one of her most well-known characters, Dexter, from the Dexter's Laboratory series.

Christine Cavanaugh is best known for her voice work in children’s cartoons as the title character in Dexter’s Laboratory, Chuckie in The Rugrats series, and movies (later replaced by Nancy Cartwright) and as the voice of Babe, a talking pig, in the movie of the same name. Her scratchy voice is very recognizable, able to be picked out after hearing her character say no more than a few words. But she has an amazing way of unique accents. Oblina in Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, and Dexter are her, in my opinion, her best work.

In addition to voice over work, she made guest appearances on many television shows. She appeared on Cheers, Wings, and ER, to name a few. She also appeared on the Nickelodeon series Salute Your Shorts as Mona the mail carrier and love interest for Ug. She was very good in these, and it makes me wonder why she didn’t attempt at a live action acting career, although I am appreciative that she chose that career path.

She retired in 2001, and left a gaping hole the voice acting profession.
  • We shall remember her as a great voice actress.

Christine Cavanaugh did many voices. She mostly did dexter from dexter's lab, chuckie finster from rugrats, oblina from aaah! real monsters and a lot more. Her voice may have sounded the same but it was nice. It was a shame that she retired due to some throat cancer. I will miss her and hope she will recover soon or have a good life. All the best christ!