Christopher Lee

Christopher Lee Fan Reviews (6)

• Sir Christopher Lee is without doubt one of the greatest actors ever to grace the screen

There really isn't much to say about Sir C. Lee besides the fact that he is simply a LEGEND! This great man has been in well over 250 film roles and even at the current age of 90, when his health conditions are low, he still acts. This is the true spirit of any great actor; The Last of the Hammer Legends!

Sir C. Lee deserves Oscar after Oscar piled up beside his name, or else Oscars won't mean a GODDAMN thing ;(

Want to see his brief performances in the Hobbit!
  • Legendary British actor who has played in almost 230 films in 60 years. Most famous for portraying the vampiric Count Dracula.

(Sir)Christopher Frank Carandini Lee was born in Belgravia, London, in 1922. After a military career in the RAF during WWII, he was at a loss as to what to do. An Italian relative suggested he take up acting, and so he did.

Success was not instantaneous though, being 6'5'' and decidedly not Celtic looking did not play to his advantage, and so he struggled doing theater and minor films for many years.

His breakthrough came with Hammer Horror, playing Frankenstein's monster in "The Curse of Frankenstein"(1957), "Dracula"(1958), "The Mummy"(1958) and "The Hound of the Baskervilles"(1959). Several sequels to Dracula was made, starring Lee, and worldwide fame was attained. He most commonly plays the part of the villain, due to his naturally imposing presence and deep barytone voice.

Christopher Lee has a prolific career, especially in the horror genre, but has displayed his versatility in science fiction, drama, action adventure and fantasy. Many younger people know him best from "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy and the "Star Wars" franchise.

For fans of Lee I highly recommend his autobiography "Lord of Misrule", it is a wonderful recollection of both the career and the remarkable life he has had.
  • empty

Legend. He has the most ridiculous long list of things he's played in. He is the type of actor that every single thing he does on film is intentional.
  • He has played in over 200 movies. And just gets better with each role.

He has been in over 200 movies which: Star Wars Episodes 2 and 3, all 3 lord of the rings, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Corpse Bride as well as a bunch of other movies. He is a very talented actor who has a impressive film career.

He plays Count Dooku in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, he weilds a lightsaber like its a toy. (one of the main villians)

Played Sauruman in the Lord of the Rings trilogy
    a vile man and Lee was perfect for the part.

In Charlie and The Chocolate Factory- he played Willy's Dad.

Corpse Bride - he played Pastor Galswells. Which proves hes just as good at voiceovers as on sreen acting.

He also adds humor to some of his parts like Pastor Galswells in Corpse Bride. He is one actor who has done it all.

• Christopher Lee is the best actor ever and my favorite.

I don't know when he started acting, but now he is over 80 years old and does his own stunts.My favorite character that he plays is Count Dooku from Star Wars. He also plays Francisco Scaramanga (the man with the golden gun). I have a Count Dooku lego, and he does his own stunts (the lego).
  • Very cool voice and very nice roles.

I have seen a few Christopher Lee movies such as Star Wars 2 & 3, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, and Sleepy Hollow. I think his acting is one of the best out there. I will never forget his roles as Count Dooku, Wilbur Wonka, etc. May his acting continue for many years in the distant future.