Claudia Black

Claudia Black Fan Reviews (17)

• Claudia Black is a beautiful and talented actress. She is a huge presence on any project she is a part of. She is very charming and has a way of pulling you into the story that is being told.

I first saw Claudia Black on Farscape playing Aeryn Sun. She is a beautiful and super-talented actress. I loved her performance as Aeryn Sun and you could not deny the amazing chemistry between her and the show's lead Ben Browder. I was hooked on Farscape until the end because she had a way of pulling you into the story. She also stood out in Pitch Black with Vin Diesel. I wished that her character would have developed more before she was killed. Since she has pulled me back into watching Stargate SG-1 as the attention commanding Vala. I was so pleased to hear that she was signed as a regular for season 10 of SG-1. I would love to see her land more outstanding roles in the future. I think that she has a lot more to offer the acting world than what we have seen so far.
  • She is a good actress. Stargate gets so much better when she is in it.

7.8
    I`d say she is a pretty good actress. Stargate, and other shows get so much better when she is on screen. She`s very funny, energetic, and she brings a sence of fun to the screen as Vala. She can also play a more brave, or serious character, though. She`s certainly worth watching.
  • Talented and beautiful, who would want more...?

Indeed she is better known from her performance in Farscape. Who could ever forget how Aeryn Sun and John Chrichton met in the first series of Farscape. Witty, talented and let's not forget beautiful, she seems to be as tough as possible. Her other movies I’ve seen only illustrated that she and her talent are natural. Thank you, Claudia for your being into this world and making it a special place to be.
  • For some reason I don't think of her as pretty, but she is just too charming and sexy.

She is just too charming and sexy to ignore. When I first saw her in a few Farscape reruns (as I didn't have cable when the series was current) and recently on video in Pitch Black, I thought to myself that she was only moderately attractive. She didn't seem pretty enough to catch my eye. But then I saw her again in Stargate SG-1, and finally I took notice! There is something about her performance as "Vala;" she just owns the character, and certainly she makes her one of the most sexy "villains" in all of Sci-fi. She just simply shines, and has made me realize just how talented and attractive she really is. Wow!
  • Beautiful, talented, hilarious, kind... What more could you want?

I love love love Claudia Black! She's so amazing. I have yet to see Farscape, but because of her, I think I will have to rectify that soon. She's such an amazing actress and from what I have heard, so she seems like a really nice person, too. I love her on SG-1 as Vala. So hilarious. Plus, her accent is great! Although, admittedly, I'm biased towards any accent that isn't Canadian :-P. I just wish SG-1 had gone on for longer so I could have enjoyed more Vala goodness. Thank goodness for the movies. Claudia is so awesome!! Hope she keeps up the great work!!
  • Claudia Black is an amazing actress. I am loving her as Vala mal Doran.

Claudia Black has played Aeryn Sun and Vala Mal Doran, and she has done them both so well. I am enjoying her so much more in stargate Sg-1 than in Farscape but she was great in that too. In Stargate , it seems she can be herself. she is the comic relief in more ways than one. The chemistry between her and daniel (Michael Shanks) is uncanny, like they were meant to be best friends, (even though Daniel can\'t stand her.)I really hope something happens between them in upcoming episodes. They are so cute together. Also, I really hope that they keep her on for a really long time. Yay Vala.
  • What? Who? Ohh, that gorgeous woman? Yeah, I know who she is!

Actually, I have no clue who she is or what she does. I\'ve seen her in a couple of movies and in one Stargate SG-1 episode. But woah.

Her voice sounds like white spring pidgeon hooting a love song, not to mention her amazing figure. I would almost go as far as calling her a dream woman.

Sadly though, I have not been able to get my paws on many pictures of her, so I\'m stuck with watching and rewatching the SG-1 episode \'Prometheus Unbound\'.

Ah well, moving images are always enjoyable.

Her TV.com profile needs a picture, I would stare at it for days on end..
  • When I first saw her in Farscape I though: Hum she\'s good. After watching a few more episodes I realized she wasn\'t just great. She is one of the best actresses out there.

Her Character in Farscape, Aeryn Sun, changed a lot trhough the seasons and Claudia had to make that change believeble. She had to make Aeryn more opne, more fair, more emotional, more human and she did it. She made Aeryn grow. I\'m sure that not everyone would have managed to make that change happen like she did.
    She is so good that she has gotten into the hearths of Stargate SG-1\'s fans playing Vala. She was in 7 episodes and everyone asked her to return. That Just comes to show everyone that she is just fabulous.
    I\'m really looking forward to see her as Vala in season 10 of Stargate SG-1.
  • we wanna see her in new stargate serie (stargate universe)

we wanna see her in new stargate serie (stargate universe)
  • Claudia Black is the best in sci-fi show especially in FARSCAPE i thought she did very good id love to act like her id love to meet her she is the best australian actress ever

Claudia Black is the best in sci-fi show especially in FARSCAPE i thought she did very good id love to act like her id love to meet her she is the best australian actress ever id love to see her in another show like that again, i also liked her in Stargate SG1 she did ver well in the show she made me laugh alot i cant wait to see the rest of the Stargate SG1 series to see if she will make me laugh even more. i cant wait to see her again on more shows
  • The ultimate lady of Sci-fi!

In my opinion, Claudia Black is the ultimate Sci-fi babe, and my personal favourite. Most well known for her role in Farscape, Black portrayed former Peacekeeper Officer Aeryn Sun with a flawless mix of empathy and strength. She portrayed the character in such a way the audience can relate to on an emotional level, helping to make Farscape the winner it was.
    After that she joined her Farscape co-star Ben Browder as a regular on the ever popular Stargate SG-1, as the fiery, rebellious alien Vala Mal Doran. A completely different character to the warrior Aeryn, Vala is a free spirit. Untrustworthy and selfish, with almost childish behaviour she eventually manages to join the highly coveted SG1, and rediscover who she is as a person.
    All made possible by superbly talented acting by Claudia Black.
  • In Farscape as Aeryn Sun...can you get any better?

Like most people, I first heard of Claudia when she appeared in Farscape. I instantly became hooked. She was the main reason behind watching the show; there's something so mesmerising about her performances and her chemistry with Ben Browder is amazing.

When Farscape finished I turned to Pitch Black for sustenance. Claudia is truly underrated; the plot and character did not do her justice. I hope to see her in larger film roles in the future. I was glad to find out she's not a diva either; from her interviews I have found her to be funny, sweet, sly and intelligent.

One of my favourite actresses!
  • I like her :)

Someone once said of Ms. Black "I'd watch her watch paint dry" and how true. Though she isn't a classical or traditional beauty, she excels in roles involving strong and competant woman. We need more roles like that for her. Her screen name is "Chick-with-a gun" and that is one of my weaknesses, chicks with guns :D
  • Claudia Black, Scene Stealer

Claudia has an amazing talent to light up the screen. I first saw her as Vala on Stargate: SG-1, and she was amazing. She somehow managed to portray that entire character in all of her complexities - when she was playful and childlike, focused and professional, tough, and so on and so on. It all fit together perfectly into that ONE person she was embodying: that is difficult for an actor (the best most can do is end up playing 3 different people when trying to show different sides of a single character), but Claudia handles it beautifully. Moreover, when she played Que'tesh (spelling?) in "Continuum," I literally forgot it was the same person - she was truly that good. That takes some amazing talent, and Claudia's got it. I also saw her on a small part on the Dresden Files (I think that was it, anyway - it was a paranormal cop show :P), and she was fascinating to watch in that performance as well. She completely becomes the character - actors training or still studying their craft at school should watch her performances if they want to learn just how far this can go. She's exemplary of true acting talent.

Obviously she puts a lot of thought and effort into her work, and I think that should be commended fully. She also has true talent, aside from her obvious good looks, sultry voice, etc. I hope she continues to get steady work in the future; she's one of the best actresses out there (truly), yet she's virtually unheard outside of the sci-fi world. It's a shame. She deserves much more credit than she's gotten. Hopefully we'll get to see her in even more performances in the future, though. :)
  • One of the best, underrated stars out there. Claudia Black should have been cast in more roles.

I think that Claudia Black is one of the more talented actresses out there. I think that it is a shame that shame that she is not in more. I absolutely loved her role as Aeryn Sun in Farscape. She was brilliant. I also enjoyed her brief role as the Cleaner on CBS's 'Moonlight.' No matter the character she is portraying, she get's it right. I really wish that she was in more and that more people appreciated her acting as much as I do. She is really deserving of the praise. I hope to see her in something else soon.
  • Very good actress who we need to see more of!

I first saw Claudia Black's work in the TV series Farscape. She was marvelous in that series, and very convincingly portrayed a character, 'Aeryn Sun', who really developed, nay, transformed over the course of several seasons from a one-dimensional rigid soldier into a multi-dimensional full-fledged woman who could embrace the warrior, goddess, lover and mother in herself. She did this so well, that I can safely say her performances in this show truly were a part of what allowed me to regularly suspend disbelief and enter into the universe of Farscape.

Now, when Claudia showed up in the role of Vala, on the TV series Stargate SG-1, I was double-awed! She really took that role and ran with it. This was 'Aeryn Sun, Ruler of the Universe!" Her humor, craftiness, and need to be on top and in front do everything to enliven the last seasons of this scifi staple. She has outstanding onscreen chemistry with her co-stars, and undoubtedly brought a host of new viewers to the show, and reinvigorated many of the solid fans of the show (me, for example). Claudia Black was *born* to play this role.

I've seen some of her work on the big screen as well, but what I've seen were roles that were small and underdeveloped, so they didn't allow her to fully display her chops. But for those of you who are looking for someone to light up the small screen and really get your interest, try watching Farscape or the latter seasons (8+) of Stargate SG-1.
  • Claudia Black has single handedly revitalised the long-running Stargate SG1. The show would be dead without her.

I was first introduced to Claudia Black as the mischievious Vala Mal Doran on Stargate. From her very first appearance, it was clear that this interesting character had a spark with Daniel Jackson. Two years later, she has been made a regular on a show that is currently in its 10th season.

Since the departure of Richard Dean Anderson, something has been lacking in the show. With the addition of Vala to the cast, it has regained a fun, playful group dynamic that was sorely missing in season 9.

Since discovering Claudia Black on SG1, I have started also to watch Farscape. She is an amazing, beautiful and talented actress capable of carrying a show on her own. In fact, once Stargate runs its course, she should get her own show!