Claudia Black

Claudia Black Fan Reviews (17)

• Claudia Black, Scene Stealer

Claudia has an amazing talent to light up the screen. I first saw her as Vala on Stargate: SG-1, and she was amazing. She somehow managed to portray that entire character in all of her complexities - when she was playful and childlike, focused and professional, tough, and so on and so on. It all fit together perfectly into that ONE person she was embodying: that is difficult for an actor (the best most can do is end up playing 3 different people when trying to show different sides of a single character), but Claudia handles it beautifully. Moreover, when she played Que'tesh (spelling?) in "Continuum," I literally forgot it was the same person - she was truly that good. That takes some amazing talent, and Claudia's got it. I also saw her on a small part on the Dresden Files (I think that was it, anyway - it was a paranormal cop show :P), and she was fascinating to watch in that performance as well. She completely becomes the character - actors training or still studying their craft at school should watch her performances if they want to learn just how far this can go. She's exemplary of true acting talent.

Obviously she puts a lot of thought and effort into her work, and I think that should be commended fully. She also has true talent, aside from her obvious good looks, sultry voice, etc. I hope she continues to get steady work in the future; she's one of the best actresses out there (truly), yet she's virtually unheard outside of the sci-fi world. It's a shame. She deserves much more credit than she's gotten. Hopefully we'll get to see her in even more performances in the future, though. :)