Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Fan Reviews (8)

• Liked untill he became a Romney Supporter.

Love his acting and directing skills. Love that he loves San Fran.,CA. just as much as I do.
  • After watching a Clint Eastwood doco this weekend on Australian TV, I wrote the following prose-poem linking my life to Clint's and following them from the 1930s and 1940s until 2007.

7.7
    Falling Into Life
    What A Run Its All Been, Eh Clint?

Several days ago I watched a documentary Clint Eastwood: A Life in Film with its special emphasis on the movies he made and his philosophy of life and of making films. This French doco was screened on SBS in Australia on 6 October 2007 at 1:55 to 3:20 p.m. I made a few notes because I have seen many of Eastwoods films as an actor and as a director; I had also seen one or two docos about him in previous years and this was a new one for me. I printed out a Wikipedia(internet encyclopedia) outline of his life, gathered my notes from the TV program and after 80+ hours of quasi and semi-gestation I set about to write following prose-poem. -Ron Price, Section VIII Poetry, Pioneering Over Four Epochs, 10 October 2007.

As you say, Clint, there is a certain
    falling into life, fate if you like and
    trying to make the parts of life come together may be, as you said in your
    last lines, impossible. And yet we try.

We both got our first big breaks in 59:
    you in the TV series Rawhide and me in the early stages of an emerging world religion that had been in Canada for just on 60 years with only 700 members back then in those my-halcyon days....

While you were becoming one of those instant international stars back in the 60s I was going to uni and trying to work out the enigmas of a bipolar disorder which had no name then--just a lot of trouble, angst and a series of crises that threatened to arrest my lifes unfoldment and blast all hopes which my progress had engendered back in those years.

I was finishing my career teaching in high schools when Dirty Harry appeared and was settling down into Perth Western Australia when that series of four films finished in 1988.....and what a run those years were for me, too, Clint, me too....me too, me too!!!!

You had your Escape from Alcatraz in 79 about a real escape back in 62 when I began my pioneering life and my escape from the normalities of a middle class life. In 79 I began my escape from BPD, yes: a lifelong journey, yessireeebob!!

You were redefining yourself as director
    and I was redefining myself as a writer
    and poet little by little beginning in the early 1970s. You achieved so much,
    Clint. Ive got to take my hat off to you.

Way back to your first marriage in 1953
    when the Kingdom of God was getting its kick-start in Chicago, I was in grade four
    and in love with Susan Gregory: what a run its all been, eh Clint, eh?..what a run??

Ron Price 10 October 2007
    Updated for TV.com
    on 3 April 2010
  • A real American hero

From his humble beginnings as Rowdy Yates on Rawhide, Clint Eastwood has become an American icon in acting and directing. His name is synonymous with tough-guy action films. Numerous biographers have reminded us that he was the first real anti-hero (seen in his western roles and as Inspector "Dirty" Harry Callahan). Many of his one-liners have become part of our culture ("Go ahead, make my day" for example).

Soft-spoken during interviews, Clint is fun to watch on TV talk shows. (Don't forget his hilarious "chasing bad guys in a walker" comments to David Letterman when asked if he would do another Dirty Harry movie.) He's intelligent, well-read, and articulate in responding to his critics and fans alike.

We love Clint Eastwood because "he is who he is." No plastic surgery. No hidden agendas. What you see is what you get with Clint. It's refreshing to see a famous person who doesn't take himself too seriously and yet *is* serious about his work. May his tribe increase.
  • Eastwood: He makes my day!

I have always admired Cint Eastwood's acting. "The Dirty Harry" series of films are some of the best "shoot'em ups" ever, but as a director is where this man truly has shown absolute genius. From "The Unforgiven" to "Million Dollar Baby", he has consistently produced motion pictures that are at a level of near perfection. The only complaint I have with Mr.Eastwood is that he did not start directing sooner! His ability to pull a performance from other actors is amazing. My favorite film, Mr.Eastwood has directed remains, "The Unforgiven", an account of the Old West that reveals things as they really were, not Roy Rogers singing on Trigger. Clint Eastwood has won two Academy Awards for directing, I hope there is room for many more in his trophy case.
  • empty

One of the best. I really admired Clint Eastwood, I think that he is simply one of the best actors and directors ever. My favorite movie has to the be "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" one of the best movies of all time, and I really like him in modern movies like in "Million Dollar Baby", I also like him as a director, directing great works such as Mystic River or Letters from Iwo Jima. Great star, and great director.
  • empty

What an actor, but What a director too! I was so surprised by all the movie he directed. He is so talented in both domain. Flags of our father and Letters from Iwo Jima are both fantastic and he really deserve the wins he got in the awards shows.
  • One of the original kick 'em down & shoot 'em up actors!

Living legend - Clint Eastwood seems to have dropped off the face of the map. I suppose growing older does that to a person. But when he was up - he was way UP!

I can't think of anyone who can compare to the likes of him! He was before my time but as my dad informed me - Clint Eastwood is what acting is all about! I'm inclined to agree after watching some of his old flicks.

He always seems to play the same parts and to be honest there is hardly any type of diversity in his career. He often plays an uncompromising man, who does what he wants but still saves the day or damsel! He's worth the watch if your into small talk shoot 'em dead action!

He may only play one kind of part but that's his specialty!
  • Clint Eastwood rules!

I think that Clint Eastwood is one of the greatest guys ever to appear on movies, I like him more of any thing in the Good the Bad and the Ugly, where I think that he was really cool, I think that Clint Eastwood is one of the best movie actors that I have ever watch, and too bad that he doesn't appears in movie so often, but at least he appear in one: Million Dollar Baby, which by the way is also one of the best movies that I have ever see in all my life, which brings me back to Clint Eastwood. Other of the reasons I like Clint Eastwood so much is the fact that Gorillaz write a song about him, and is definitely the best songs of this group.