Dakota Fanning

Forums: Dakota Fanning Board: Boycott "Hounddog"

Dark_Eagle80

[1]Sep 12, 2006
    • level: 48
    As some of you know, this is a recent film in which Dakota is staring in.  I just wanted to say to Boycott this film, as it is very controversial on the scenes in which Dakota is in.  It crosses the line in which she didn't need to do this movie just to try to win the Oscar.  Shame on you Dakota doing this movie.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

XeroGeez

[2]Oct 6, 2006
    • level: 1
    unless your her parent, manager, or legal guardian ...Shut up and turn off your computer now

fireexit112

[3]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 17
    It may be a possibly stupid move to make just to get an oscar...but I say good luck to her...

Taang_Forever

[4]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 9
    I think Dakota doing this kind of movie is shameful... Well, for some reason I do. But what're ya gonna do?

happysweety01

[5]Apr 10, 2007
    • level: 3

Some of dakotas movies are really innocent like'charlottes web and some are really well non innocent like'houndog'.so people get interested in her by say just as an example'charlottes web'but then can;t watch any of her other movies because there parents won't let them.so its kinda weird that way with houndog being so differant from charlottes web(her last movie released)maybe thats why they are thinking aobut not realising it well one fo the reason anyway because now she has even more young fans??not a majoir reason but a little reason.

ecgirl08

[6]Apr 10, 2007
    • level: 57

I do agree that Dakota acting in a film like this at only 13 years old is crossing the line, but if you have ever listened to Dakota talk during an interview, you can clearly see that she has it together. She is the most mature, composed child actress I have ever come across, and she has been that way since she was 6 years old. It's truly mind-boggling. That doesn't necessarily mean that she is capable of playing any type of movie role in the world, no holds barred, but when you watch her and see what an obvious understanding she has of the whole process, it's not as if she is just an immature, clueless little kid.

I just hope she is able to continue being a kid for as long as she can, and I hope they aren't too quick to stick her in absolutely every type of hard-core film there is. She may be 13 now, but she is still very young, and while it's fine for her to branch out to more complex material, I do hope she stays with family/drama movies as long as she can.

ThePetrifiedOne

[7]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 4

XeroGeez wrote:
    unless your her parent, manager, or legal guardian ...Shut up and turn off your computer now

This is an old topic. But I agree.

colep2003

[8]May 15, 2009

Old topic. But I got to say something.

My anger does not fall onto Dakota. She wants to stand out and get noticed.

At the age of 7 in I Am Sam, that was a very complex role for a seven-year-old.

But I really DON'T think this movie should be made at all.

By addressing rape in a comfortable matter we are getting kids used to this condition. It may even make it a popular thing to make it so there comfortable or SEEK this.

She can take it...But can the doesons of kids around America take it? Actaully how did they take it?

Sadly thats what a lot of movies are about. This one is a creepy one.

colep2003

[9]May 15, 2009

UPDATE:

I must say I don't consider this to be family film and it REALLY needs to be banned