Dakota Fanning

Dakota Fanning Fan Reviews (66)

• So much talent for such a young actress

Dakota Fanning is only 10 years old and has already been in a bunch of movies with some of the biggest name in hollywoood. Dakota Fanning is a bright young star that is bursting with talent, she also cute, and really adorable, she takes acting seriously done to where she researches the parts that she is playing but she can also be funny when need be. War of the Worlds and Dreamer are the only movies I've seen her in and she played bothe parts with such passion, espically in Dreamer, to hear actors and actresses talk such highly of her and to be able to work with her in an accomplishment on its own.
  • BEST. ACTRESS. EVER.

Give this extremely talented young actress an Oscar! She is the best actress working today. It is amazing how many actors/films she's appeared with/in at her age.
    The Academy has to bring out a Best Child Performance category, in which she should win almost ever year.
    Eat your heart out, Jodie Foster!
  • so much talent for one so young

this little girl has so much talent for one so young she does a great job in what ever she does I loved her in taken and in war of the worlds she is so cute she pulls you in to what ever character she plays i cant wait till she gets older to see her grow in her acting to see what she will make of her self because if her early work is anything to go in she will be one of the greats of her days I think that she has more talent then shirliey temple
  • The very mention of Dakota Fanning's name often turns me off of watching something completely.

I've not seen much with her in to completely judge her acting ability, but as I selected in the classification, she is highly overused. For example, I wanted to see something on TV today, yet decided not to when I found that Dakota was in it. I believe that no child her age can truly act well, and that she's only being used when TV shows and movies need an actress her age, and it's better using her, because she's famous. In a few years, I think there's a high chance of her becoming the next Lindsay Lohan - and I don't mean that in a positive view.

If you're a fan of her, fine. But there's something about her that I just don't like.
  • My Review on actress "Dakota Fanning"

All I can say is AMAZING!! Extremely talented, a real heart-breaker and great role model for the younger audience trying to get into acting. She's incredibly talented! And at such a young age! Wow! What is she? Like 13? Just a mature, wonderful girl. Deserves everything she has. Brilliant! two thumbs up! She's an old soul, and her old soul's got a lot of soul. Her role in the 2007 film, Hounddog, is definitely NOT a "Bad choice for her career" As I have been hearing. I feel that it will help her career tremendously and it's not a bad choice. You go, Dakota! Keep rockin' the big screen!
  • Dakota is my best movie star I love and she is an authentic actress.

I think Dakota Fanning is a highly talented girl and she is my favourite and best movie star. Any aspiring artiste who follows Dakota\'s footsteps would not be dissapointed at all. The ability to act is clearly imbimbed in her no doubt; she is already reasonably famous at twelve there is no reason why she should not be a legend at thirty. She is especially good at acting horror movies eg \"Hide and Seek\" and lots more.I really want to be like because she is an authentic star and she is clearly different from the rest. Dakota keep shinnig and I am your biggest fan Oge
  • Dakota Fanning is one of my favorites! She is 12 days older then me, and is really talented!

I think Dakota is really cool! I love her acting ability. The first time I saw her was on TAKEN by Steven Spilbuerge!
    She's on my top 5 list, which is a lot ( a few really ) of actors all jumbeled up because I can't place them in a perticular order.
  • Dakota Fanning rocks, to put it midly. She\'s sweet, cute, talented, and passionate about what she loves to do:act. She has acheived her dream at such an early age and I know that\'s the only reason some people don\'t like her...they\'re jealous. Dakota i

Dakota is passionate about acting and that\'s what I like about her. That little girl loved acting and knew she wanted to act at 4 years old. Luckily her parents didn\\\'t jealously hold her back from her dream or blow her off ,thinking \\\"she\\\'s too young to have a big dream\\\"...they helped her reach her goal and, well, thank god for parents like that. We need more parents like hers out in the world nowadays. Dakota is the modern day Shirley Temple and I really look forward to her career blossoming as a successful adult actress becasue I have no doubt she will continue doing what she loves.
  • So Very Talented!!!

Ok dakota fanning is what 11 years old nearly 12, and she is one of hollywoods greatest actresses, in my opinion i would say she is the best actress, and i cant believe how many famous actors she has been able to work with! shes so young you cant imagine how that much talent can come from someone so young! any way i'd just like to say you go girl!!
  • Very talented for a child her age.

Dakoda Fanning is amazing. She is so talented for a child her age. I like the movies she is in and I think she is a great actress. She's better than many adult actors and actresses out there. She's one of my favorite child actresses and I think she is very emotional when she acts. She would do better then me at acting. Thats for sure.
  • Dakota Fanning a young childstar who will be a big movie star when she becomes older. She is talented and mature for someone so young. She is a really talented and strong actress whom we will see and hear about in the near future and probably more years t

This girl is really talented. I remember seeing her in "I Am Sam" and she really did a good job of portraying Sean Penn's daughter in that movie. She makes her characters so real and believable. I also liked her when she did that movie with Denzel Washington "Man on Fire" and that movie with Brittany Murphy "Uptown Girls". We'll hear more from her in the near future.
  • One of the most talented child actresses known to man!

Dakota Fanning is an amazing young actress. Her portrayal of Lucy in the movie "I am Sam" is one that few child starts could pull off. Having to play a character whose father was mentally handicapped was emotionally challenging but that's no problem for Dakota! Her performance as Rae (Lorraine) in the movie "Uptown Girls" was a mature role that she made her very own. Also,her latest released film role in "Hide and Seek" was challenging as well as she played the troubled yet eerie Emily. Now she is working on several films and we know that they will be just as great as her firsts. Dakota outshines many child stars in today's media culture and I'm sure that she will continue to deliver great performances in the near future.
  • Talented!

Dakota is definatly talented! Her and Sean Penn's work in I Am Sam made me cry through the whole movie!
    She's SO lucky to be in so many movies at such a young age! I'm kind of jealous, LOL!
    She's just a very talented actress and she know's what she's doing at all times!
    I would expect her to be like any other child actress and be shy in front of the camera, but no way. I give two thumbs up for all her hard work and dedication to her acting career. She definaty has a career ahead of her!
  • Dakota Fanning is vErY talented!! Think of how many movies she\'s been in! Goodness! Then check her age! And on top of that, she\'s got a talented little sister following in her footsteps!

Dakota\'s a wonderful actress, she\'s my favorite. Even though she\'s young, she\'s really talented. I think my favorite performance of her\'s is either in I Am Sam or Man On Fire. I haven\'t seen all of her movies yet but from the ones I have seen, she\'s very talented. She\'s a role model for lots of young girls around the US and she\'s well-known. I believe she\'ll continue acting throughout her life since she seems to enjoy it and I would enjoy seeing her in several more films!
  • Wow, I just love her

I am watching her on the Ellen show! SHe is just soooo amusing! She got her dancing badge from Ellen for Girl Scouts...Granted, she is a better actress then danre, that is for sure! :D :D

She is like really illiterate and can hold an intelligent conversation. I will enjoy watching her grow up over the years.
  • She is obviously amazing

Dakota really is one of my personal favorite. Maybe because she is my age. I have always really enjoyed any movie/show with kids my age. Anyways...Dakota is supremly talented and is clearly going to be one of the biggest stars of her time. I'm sure in later years, she will be one of the most famous and will always be remembered. In my opinion, Dakota is one of the best actresses around right now. She has done an "maritorious" (as my friend says) with War of the Worlds. And she has done an awesome job with nearly everything else! I am utterly impressed!
  • empty

I think that for a child of her age, it would be an honor to be working on so many movies, and with a lot of actors. Tom Cruise, Denzel Washington, Christopher Walken, Tim Robbins, well a lot of good actors she has work with, and I think that she is a great, talented girl, who will become one great star. She is very famous now, even though she is like... 12? I like her style, and I know that she is going to become one great actress in the future.
  • empty

You have got to hand it to Dakota Fanning. Before she has even become a teenager, the girl has done it all. She's probably one of the most prestigious children her age. And she deserves all of the credit she gets as she is a wonderful actress and will hopefully continue her brilliant career as an adult.
  • She's in "War of the Worlds" (which I want to see). She stars in "Man on Fire" and this fall, she's going to be in this true story "Dreamer."

0.0
    Dakota Fanning, boy she sucks. I really don't like her at all. I think she's the worst girl actresses I've ever seen! If you want a better kid actress, get attracted to Annasophia Robb. If anyone ever has a problem with this crap, please e-mail me on Shrek2519@aol.com. Dakota Fanning is so awful and Annasophia Robb is better, and cuter, so bye, Dakota fans.
  • Its unusual for a person in my age bracket to pay attention into to actress in this bracket. Anyway, shes a good actress. Too many actresses become brain dead. Thus for Dakota has yet to do that.

Okay the full one,as said above it still applies.

I started paying attention to her in I Am Sam.

I only watch the movies that I would watch, so to say I aint going to go out and rent a bunch of Disney movies to see her.

But I catch her in a few videos I would never let my kids watch if I had any.

The first one I might, I Am Sam (2001), it was totally awesome when Sam told Lucy to do her homework and held her to the standards "I am your father."

The request is NOT unreasonable. I realize a lot of kids are paying attention to this board and wondering what I mean.

Simpily, you need to understand that kids should listen to requests and parents should only make reasonable requests. Your Homework in learning to read is VERY reasonable.

Lucy's Slacking in doing homework is obvious. Shes feeling that by learning to read above his father there GOING above in which shes moving away.

Anyway, people say she got her lucky break there...I'm sorry. They have it backwards. There is absolutely no doubt if it was some random kid off the street there would be no way the movie would be half as good.

Anyway, the next time I seen her it was in Hide and Seek, her hair was died brown.

She made me wonder if it was her part who was a killer. This one I don't think kids should see. Sorry.

Then, I saw her next movie because I have a interest in Horses. Dreamer. I know weird for a guy. Anyway. They didn't play up on the Horses like I wanted. But it was a enjoyable one time watch.

Then, I see her when I was watching a movie with my GF who is now my X. Uptown Girls. I enjoyed seeing the woman get taken down a peg. But I found Dakota's part to be funny. She played a what was it eight or nine year old who is a germaphobia. I found it to be funny. The rest of the movie was lame. But her comedy backup humor saved this movie I firmly believe. Um...I probably would let my kids watch this one.

Then I was watching a movie called Sweet Home Alabama and I found her part to be a little creepy, but useful. Because without the short beginning part I the rest wouldn't make sense. I would let a mature kid watch it.

I then saw her while watching the War of the worlds. Not a large part. But she did good.

Anyway. Thats pretty much Alls I been interested there. Good acting and if Paramount stops this reboot crap when they make there next Star Trek movie, I suggest she seeks a part on it.

I also hope she moves away from Disney movies because I find the to be creepy/satanic. I don't watch satanic crap.

Anyway...I hope she stays away from Hollywood moron filler movies like the Matrix.

Or a Star Wars movie...

Ok...I guess in a way War of the Wolrds is...but theres worse.
  • Amazing actress. Stunning. Impeccable fashion. Should have received an Oscar by now. More than a child star, simply a star. She is going to continue to shine.

I have been a fan of Fanning since I am sam. She is under appreciated. She is well deserving of some big awards. She definitely should have graced the cover of Teen Vogue by now. Her talent competes with the best actors of our time. Her style is completely refreshing and polished. She is one of the most naturally beautiful people ever. I think she is extraordinary and is going to surpass what anyone can expect from her. She is going to grow up to be a successful actress. Her fame is not going to be from being just a child star.
  • A review on the child actress Dakota fanning.

I think tha Dakota Fanning is the best child actress today.She has performed in many films and has became the youngest person to be nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award at the age of 8, she has also had 13 wins and 13 nominations.She has also won the Kids Choice Award in 2007 and the Saturn Award in 2006.She began her acting career at the age of 5 when she was picked for a tide commercial.Since then she has done many films and commercials including I am Sam, cat in the hat, man on fire, War of the worlds and Charlottes web.She has had many TV guest appearances such Friends, CSI, Family Guy and Malcolm In The Middle.Dakota Fanning will remain one of the greatess child actress and in the futrue she will become more known and famous.
  • One of the greatest Hollywood stars I have seen since Shirly Temple. I have learned a great deal about Dakota as my daughter could be her twin. Every where we go people are asking me if my daughter is Dakota. I have to admit it has been a joy for us.

She is an outstanding actress and from what I've seen a very loved child. It must be difficult to combine all the work and school and traveling. I couldn't imagine. I hope sometime my daughter will get to meet her twin (so to speak). I have not acting skills so I couldn't imagine what it takes for this child to go through all she does. My daughter and I thank her so much for Charlotte's Web. What a classic. God Bless you all and my your carrier bring you many things that bring joy to your life and work.

P.S. If there was a way to share my Daughter Madison's pic with Miss Dakota, I think she would be shocked.
  • dakota is one of my favorite child stars!

i love dakota fanning!she is such a cute talented actress!i think she's amazing in all her films and tv star guest shows.i think she's a good child role model.but i hated who she played in the movie uptown girls,her character was so rude!but she was still cute(at least her caracter got nicer through out the film).i hope when she gets older she wont be like doing crappy stuff(drugs,smoking,etc.)like some of the teenage stars you hear about.well she seems like a good kid to me.i like her and apparently a lot of people do.i think dakota will have many great fans,still be a good actress,and so much more!:)
  • A very talented actoress.

Daokta Fanning is one of my favorite actress. The roles in the movies she plays are very different from each other but I think she nails each one of the perfect. I first came to reconize Daokta when I seen her on my favorite movie (Uptown Girls). I thought she was amzing in that movie and really funny. Then I started seeing her in other movies I like, Iam Sam, Sweet Home Alabama, Man On Fire, and many others. Hopefully Dakota will be in some more upcoming movies that I will like. I just can't wait to see what roles she is up for next.
  • The next Drew Barrymore!!!

Okay so i discoverd this amazing girl a while ago watching "I am Sam" I was like "okay, this kid knows how to act" and I loved her, so i watched all her movies from there... my favs have to be "I am Sam" and "Uptown girls" Is just amazing how with only 11 years old she had shown the world that she can act... I love this little kid and I wish her a long way into bussiness and also hope that one day (not too far from now) She will be getting an Oscar, cuz it's unfair that she hasn't been nominated yet!!!
  • PLEASE READ!!

ohmygoodness Dakota Fanning is the most talented actress i have ever seen work on tv and movies and she is only just turned 13!!and even when she was 5 she was still the best actress ever!!i am sam was the best movie ever made and dakota fanning is the reason why!her performance in that movie was so touching and moving!!she is the best child star yet!!i would tie her acting ability with Shirley Temples!and that is very hard to compete with!!because shirley temple was proven to be a real gifted child but this sint about her right now its about dakota!i can not describe how good her acting is for her age!you have to see for yourself!personally my fave movies with her in it is'i am sam'and'uptown girls'.Most child stars you see today are ok but you still jsut thin kof them as'cute'not go very far with their acting ability because they are just kids but with dakota fanning sure you think shes cute but mostly you thikn'ohmygoodness!!she portrays her characters so well!!'she is very beleivable with ALL her roles!!unlike alot of adult actors and actresses!!you can beelive she is a little farm girl who just found a cute little pig one moment and the next beelive she is in the middle of an alien invasion!!on top of that she is a good role model for young children ,she has such a good positive attitude toward life as you see come thorugh in many of her interviews.i am dakotas number 1 fan EVER!!i hope to be editor of her one day!!if you havn't chekced her out yet you really should considering renting one of her movies or soemthing!!i give her 1000 out of 10 stars!!keep the good work coming Dakota!!
  • Fantastic!

Best young actress of the 21st Century.
    Of the things that I've seen with Dakota Fanning in (Taken, War of the Worlds, CSI and Hide and Seek), she has exceled herself every time. Usually, she even out-acts the adult actors around her, most notably in the 2005 film Hide and Seek. Keep it up!
  • she is fantastic!!!!please read on.....

she is so so so talented!she must be like the most talented child star in the world!she can do really dramatic roles really good.i know no dakota fanning haters!she is just so good how can you help but fall in love with her!she is also happy and easygoing unlike other childstars.she is saved into one of my favourite people.she is just so cute!i so want to meet her!i share a birthday with her but i am 2 years older.she just seems so much fun to hang out with!i want to become her editor.well thats basicly it.i can't wait for her next movie!bye!thanks for reading!

~pink girl~
  • She is so talented for an 11 year old!

She is the best child actress ever. Come on! Watch Man on Fire and I Am Sam (just saying, also watch Hide and Seek and War of the Worlds) and you'll see that she is the best child actress ever. But also she's so talented because of the screaming and the crying and that she has worked with some of todays most popular actors and actresses.
< 1 2 3