Dante Basco

Dante Basco Fan Reviews (30)

• I really like his voice.

Dante Basco is a very talented voice actor. I have really like his work as Jake in American Dragon Jake Long and Prince Zuko in Avatar the Last Airbender. He has such a deep tone to his voice that can be both serious and very fun loving. I really enjoy lsitining to his work espically in Avatar. I could not imagion Zuko being portrayed by any other voice. I think that the entire cast of Avatar are all extreamly talented. I really like his voice and look forward to seeing him in other shows and hearing his voice in other animated series.
  • Dante Basco is awesum! go Filipinos!

He was hella good in this movie.i've always thought him to be a god and versatile actor and a good reprisentative of the filipino culture in the predominantly non asian acting industry.The first movie i saw him in was the debut and i could totally relate to the movie and what he goes through. it was hella funny. Also in but i am a cheerleader he was very convincing. he was hella good in Nite Tales too! anyone seen it b4? its a hella scary movie. Its a 2 part movie. only the 2nd part has him in it tho. check the link here for the trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG3KCm6cSVg.
  • He is one of the many Basco's, but personally, I think he is the best.

I believe that Dante Basco has like 4 brothers, one of which is named Derek Basco and he was in "The Cave of Two Lovers" as Moku, the chubby nomad. I think that the rest of his brothers sing and might do a little voice acting, but in my opinion, Dante is the most talented. He has done very different roles, like Jake Long and Prince Zuko. I'm sure these two or compared all the time in reviews, but oh well. Dante Basco has to make his really deep voice go really high and squeak at certain moments when he is voicing Jake. When he is voicing Zuko, he has to make sure that his voice stays very monotonous. I've wondered before if he's ever accidentally yelled "Dragon Up" when he was supposed to say in a very plain voice "Uncle." I wish, just as a joke, that as an addition to the the season 3 DVD box set, they should have a special where Dante says Jake's lines while a clip from season 3. with Zuko is playing. I would definitely pay extra money for that.
  • Great voice actor

Dante Basco's work in Avatar: The Last Airbender is PHENOMENAL. He plays the character Zuko a banished Fire Nation Prince. He sells the part so well. There's something about his voice that I can't put my finger on that just makes me love him as a voice over artist. He is probably the most talented of the entire Avatar: The Last Airbender crew, and it's easy to see why. People should really look to cast him other roles too, he would definitely be an asset to any cast. One thing about him that amazes me is that he is Filipino, his voice doesn't really match up with his appearance. But alas, he is a very talented actor and everyone should cast him.
  • Great Voice Actor and Great Guy

I say he's characters are awesome, Jake from American Dragon Jake Long is awesome! he shows his rapping skills in there and he did great! and I was even more surprised that he's an Emo fire nation Prince on my favorite show Avatar the last airbender! seriously he's grunts, Screams, and everything put so much emotion to a character! he plays two COMPLETELY different characters and he can pull it off! Honestly, he does use the same voice but he's still great! and he's Rufio! from Take a lead! he's a great dancer and he's a handsome person. and I'm so happy to find out he's a filipino like me! he brings lots of filipinos joy! I love dante basco!
  • Why is everyone giving him a 10?

7.6
    Okay, i love his voice acting and all but he only did his voice acting in 2 cartoons: Avatar and American Dragon. And trust me he uses the same voice on both cartoons so i dont think that he shoould be given a 10 for it. Btw, i watched American Dragon, the camping episode, and he isnt much of a rapper too. Though i thought it was weird that Zuko sounded familiar only to know that he was Jake his voice is seriously entertaining. I mean his voice has like only one tone but so many feelings. In American Dragon, his voice sounded happy but in Avatar he sounded really serious. Thats what i like about his voice acting :)
  • Dante is young man, or at least that is what most pople might think because of the roles he plays. In fact, his is actually an accomplished actor who lends his voices to many great shows not to mention his excellent fighting scenes in Hook.

This incredible actor, most known today for his role on Avatar as Prince Zuko has quite the talent and voice to help make the show what it is today. The one interesting thing that i like about him is that he fits the role perfectly, and you could picture him so well as he speaks. Because if you remember him in his younger days in Hook, you will see that his "Rufio" and "Prince Zuko" seem to look very similar, almost one in the same. Also his role on American Dragon Jake Long is spectacular. As far as I'm concerned, Dante could make any show come alive and keep you tuned in!
  • Dante Basco is a talented young actor who has acchieved great things with his career. He is such a great actor and I hope he continues his great work.

Dante Basco is the greatest actor/voice actor yet. He plays Zuko on Avatar: The Last Airbender and Jake Long on American Dragon Jake Long. Here iswhat I think of Dante:

Talented, gifted, superb, funny, sweet, and NOT hotheaded like Zuko.

I enjoy his work so much, I can't get enough of him. It's like he's one of those super hot lifeguards on one of those soap operas. I don't know why I just said that, but whatever. He did such a good job in 'But I'm A Cheerleader' even though that movie was rather "strange." Dante Basco, you keep up the great work!
  • Dante Basco is an American Actor. He was born in 1975. His hometown is Pittsburg, CA. He got into acting and starred in Steven Spielberg's Hook, Where he played the memorable character Rufio.

• Dante Basco, a actor who has filled the roles of many characters. In addition to acting on screen, he also lends his voice as a voice-actor behind the scenes.

I haven't seen every piece of work that Dante has accomplished. So, this review won't be an unabridged synopsis of this talented actor. Instead, I will speak briefly of what I've most familiar with about him.

I remember watching Dante in Hook, where he played the popular Rufio. He did an excellent job playing a major, minor character next to someone like Robin William, who played Peter Pan, and Dustin Hoffman, who played Captain Hook. Rufio was a tough character who exuded much confidence and pride to the point of being narcissistic. Dante was able to tap into that quality very well and was able to transform to a more humble Rufio when the time came. This alone would be enough to point out his excellent talent.

But most recently, I've come aware of Dante again from his work in Avatar: The Last Airbender, as Zuko. This is one of Dante's voice-acting skills that shine in my opinion. His voice sounds perfect for a character(Zuko) who has much pain and confusion in his life. As with every great voice-actor, Dante passionately gives his all in every scene as if he were Zuko. I find Zuko's character and Dante's voice to be a splendid match. Watch this show at the least to see how well Dante does. I hope for all the success with Dante's Life. Keep up the good work, Dante.
  • Jake Long and Zuko: Two of my favorite characters in my two favorite shows.

Dante Basco is simply amazing. He first became known in 1991 for his role as Rufio in Hook in which he said "Looky looky, I got Hooky" before Dustin Hoffman killed his character. Later, he went on to do A Goofy Movie. Then came 2005, which got him two roles: Jake Long in Am Drag and as Prince Zuko in Avatar.

Dante's talent is amazing, as I am amazed at how he can go from a hip-hop yo-yoing dragon to a misunderstood and abused Prince. All I can really say is that from those two shows alone, he has my undying respect and he is truly one talented actor.
  • He is one of the many Basco's, but personally, I think he is the best.

• great guy

Dante Basco is a very good voice actor and also he is an actor that has played in many movie like Hook that is a Stephen Spielberg film in 1991 that he played as Rufio as character in that movie and he has played as Jake Long on the show American Dragon: Jake Long and in the very popular show on Nick Avatar: the last Airbender where he plays as Prince Zuko as vanished prince of the country that's doing the war on the show. Alkso he is very talented and one of the best voice actors of cartoons in TV.
  • Another personal favorite...

I love Dante Basco's voice. I don't really watch the movies or shows he's in, but I do watch the cartoons he does voices in. Two of which, are my favorite shows. One of them is American Dragon: Jake Long. He does the voice of Jake Long in this show and the voice is perfect for him. It's difficult to describe this, but his voice helps show off his personality. The other favorite show is Avatar: The Last Airbender. He does the voice of Prince Zuko in this show and it's perfect for him. Zuko is sort of a macho guy and this voice fits him well.
  • Dante Basco's talented voice has made him appear in sussesful kid shows!

Dante Basco is one of the best voice actors ever! He plays one of my fav characters, Zuko on the show!!! I love Zuko!!!!!!!!!! He voices as Prince Zuko in Nickelodeon's hit show: Avatar: The Last Airbender. Zuko's voice fits his personality and appearance, and he has a nice tone. Dante Basco is probably by far the most talented voice actor on Avatar. I like it how he makes Zuko sound like, it has such tone, such confidence, and strength, don't forget the anger. I think Dante Basco was meant to voice as Zuko, and he will always be the OFFICIAL voice actor for Zuko. No one can ever replace his voice as Zuko!!!

• Talented voice actor!

A voice actor of one of my favorite animations, Avatar: The Last Airbender. He voices Zuko, a banished prince that has been sent in search of the Avatar. Zuko is a kind prince of the Fire Nation, who is confused about what to choose for his life. Nick is so lucky to find a great voice actor like him. His voice really fits his characters! Dante Basco also has a role as Jake in the animated show "American Dragon", which is a very hilarious show favored by kids, like me. It is a very hilarious show about a kid that is training his skills to transform into a dragon.
  • great actor, love his role on avatar

Dante Basco is a talented actor as well as a talented voice actor. In his early years, he was part of the Streat Freaks breakdancing crew. When he got into acting, he started taking on minor roles in television. He later starred in Steven Spielberg's 1991 classic Hook with Robin Williams and Dustin Hoffman. Basco achieved a cult status with his role as "Rufio," the charismatic stripe-haired leader of the Lost Boys. Since then he had a recurring role as Marco in Moesha, appeared in But I'm a Cheerleader (1999) and has starred in The Debut (2000). More recently, he has provided the voices for Zuko in Avatar: The Last Airbender and Jake Long in American Dragon: Jake Long. He starred as Ramos in the 2006 film Take the Lead alongside Antonio Banderas, where he break-danced as well as performed ballroom dance. He also starred as a guest character on the HBO TV show Entourage.
  • Great actor.

• Dante Basco is like no other...

He has apperead in Hook, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and American Dragon: Jake Long. He is a great voice actor as well as actor on the movie screen. He is Dante Basco! He has been an awesome voice actor on American Dragon: Jake Long as well as Avatar: The Last Airbender. In both of these animated shows, he and Mae Whitman both star. In American Dragon, he is the classic good guy, and Mae Whitman is the semi-evil girl. In Avatar, Mae Whitman is one of the good guys, and Dante is one of the semi-evil guys. He was also Rufio in "Hook", leader of the Lost Boys. I haven't seen the movie, but it sounds very good. =]
  • One of my favorite actors. He plays two of my favorite Characters ^_^

He's an amazing actor to go from playing the hardcore bitter I hate the world Zuko to hip-hop skateboarder Jake is just amazing to me he's incredible and one of my favorite actors ^_^ I also love his interaction with Mae Whitman when they work together. In Avatar there bitter enemies but in American Dragon they love each other. I think thats great that he can change attitudes like that. He's truly amazing and if he's reading this which I don't know if he does let me just say "Hi Dante Your an awesome actor! Jake is so funny and Zuko is an awesome bad guy!"

I know I'm weird ^_^
  • The voice of Zuko from Avatar The Last Airbender.

He is the voice of my favorite character Zuko he is also the voice Jake Long American Dragon:Jake Long he is one of my favorite voice actors he sounds diffrent on both shows on Avatar he sounds very dark and powerful but on Jake Long he sounds weird he should probably done voice on an anime such as Naruto.
  • Voices Prince Zuko on Avatar.

Dante Basco is one of the best voice actors ever! He voices as Prince Zuko in Nickelodeon's hit show: Avatar: The Last Airbender. Zuko's voice fits his personality and appearance, and he has a nice tone. Dante Basco is probably by far the most talented voice actor on Avatar. I like it how he makes Zuko sound like, it has such tone, such confidence, and strength, don't forget the anger. I think Dante Basco was meant to voice as Zuko, and he will always be the OFFICIAL voice actor for Zuko. No one can ever replace his voice as Zuko.
  • Voice of Zuko on Avatar the last airbender

Dante Basco is quite possibly the only voice actor that stands out in my mind. The fact that a thirty year old man can pull off being both a thirteen-ish boy and a sixteen year old boy amazes me. He gives so much life to Zuko as a character. Zuko simply would not be the same with a different voice actor. While I can still tell that it is him playing Jake Long (and it's awefully awkward imagining Zuko saying half the things Jake does) Basco still does an excelent job of making the voices different from one another. I would love to watch any other shows where he is a character.
  • Firebender, Dragon, Lost Boy... we like 'em all

We enjoy Mr. Basco’s voice work on both American Dragon: Jake Long and Avatar: The Last Airbender . Of course the older members of our family remember him from Hook. His ability to project such different characters through his voice work in these two shows allows us to see the characters for themselves rather than constantly being reminded of the other one.

Although his talented family may not have made headlines in mainstream media, it is great to see them continue to perform and we look forward to other works from the Basco Brothers.

As for Dante, special thanks for giving an angst-ridden teen firebender the right edge to his voice - strength and vulnerability at just the right moment. I hope writers and producers continue to provide works where he can showcase his talent.
  • great actor!

Dante Basco, is a wonderful actor. And he is cute. I heard of him first on American Dragon Jake long, then Avatar the Last Airbemder, and then on Take the Lead. I think he is an exceptional actor who is under appreciated. He should get something big that will launch him into a greater sucess. This great actor deserves it.
  • He does everything from a preppy teen dragon-boy to a sadden depressed ex-prince.

I first heard Dante Basco on American Dragon: Drake Long, were he did the voice of a very preppy and loud teen boy named Jake Long. Then, I started watching Avatar: The Last Airbender, where he does the voice of a sadden depressed ex-prince Zuko, totally the opposite of what he does on American Dragon: Drake Long. If you were to compare the two voices, you would never find a similarity. This guy is just amazing! To be able to differ your voice the way he does makes him a really get actor. Oh yeah, and did I mention he’s over 30 years old, doing teenagers voices! That just makes him all the more talented.
  • Dante Basco is a very good actor who is not well known. He voices Prince Zuko from Avatar:TLA, a lonely, hot-headed, banished prince; and Jake Long, a Chinese-American kid who also has Dragon powers. Two different and polar opposite personalities, by one

Dante Basco is awesome, both as a person and a VA (Voice Actor). He can create so much emotion in his character. Prince Zuko is strong voiced, hot-tempered, and angry most of the time. Jake Long is an NYC player, talks mostly in slang, and jokes around. Those two personalities are perfectly made by Basco. He is also the most famous pinoy actor I know. He is a great actor in the movies as well, such as in "Hook," "The Debut," and "Take The Lead." He can dance, actor, rap, and so much more!
  • One of my personal faveorite actors.

This actor is truly amazing. On American Dragon Jake Long he stars as a 13 year old hip hop, too happy, skateboarder which he does a great job at but on another show he stars in Avatar: The Last Airbender he plays Prince Zuko a dipressed, determined firebender, and a banished prince Which he does a fabulous job at also but what realy makes Me like Dante is that it amazes me that on one show his voice is so Peppy but on the other show his voice is so depressed and dark. I truly love this actor and all the shows he stars in.
  • dante basco is so sexy in the new video that is coming april 7,2006 yall better go see thatb movie it is so sexy and caliente!

ooh before i go the soundtrack is the best there is my boyZ wisin y yandel sing a song originally made by swizz beatz! well i dont know about yall but take the lead the movie is the best of all 2006! see the hot, sexy, two thumbs up movie music mixed with hip- hop and tango wow!
  • An excellent actor and voice actor. One of my personal favorites, Dante Basco is one of the coolest out there.

I've actually seen (and heard) Dante Basco on many occasions, but until recently I never put it together. In truth, both he and the characters he plays are some of my favorites. From the city wise Jake Long to the skilled fire bender Prince Zuko, Dante has show incredible ability as a voice actor. Not only does he have talent, but he is cute, too. His talent has made him one of my very few personal favorites.