David Boreanaz

Forums: David Boreanaz Board: The Gutterville Book Club

ILuvLuke

[41]Sep 30, 2007
    • level: 23

YAY!! *hugs T gal-hug sty|e!* I am not fully back yet, but trying to sneak some online time here, so we will see how it goes!

Okay, so jealousy, mine for sure isn't going to be as long as our wonderful topic breacher, but I will do my best, I am still out of town, and the BF is freaky scaring me with talk of wanting to move here (where his grandmother lived, long story why we are back here).

Anyways, back to the topic at hand, jealousy. Yes, even the most balanced people have felt it from time to time, the key for me is to not let it get the best of me (I am sure I share this sentiment with you wonderful ladies!) I am however, always aware of he jealousy that I feel for my little sister. I mean, we are completely different, and I love her to bits and pieces, but sometimes I am jealous of her. She has this vibrancy, and fearlessness that I a tried and true conservative only wish to have. The funny thing is, the BF is the exact same way, and I understand why I fell in love with him (okay, that sounded a little McSteamy to McDreamy in this latest episode of Grey's, but I am sure you know what I mean) And don't get me wrong, there is no self loathing here, but I am a superserious person, it is just how I am wired (in RL, cause I do tend to cut loose here, may be an anonymous thing going on). I do know how to have fun, but I don't have that "Devil may care" attitude that makes my sister so audacious. She does care, she cares so much about things, but she is so ready for anything, and just wonderfully open that I get jealous. I love my life, and stress just seems to come naturally to me, I kinda thrive under the gun, but I do wish, every once in a while, that I could be more like her, take life by the horns...you know? Okay, enough about my pathetic (and now after reading it, seemingly irrational) jealousy, man, harsh topic T!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

asaneismRnuTs

[42]Oct 1, 2007
    • level: 13

Sorry about the harshness of the topic Luv - it was just the first that popped into my head when i sat down and watched the episode before writing the post.

I totally understand sibling jealousy. I think anyone who's got one or more siblings understand how sometime you can feel totally and sometime irrationally jealous of them. I know I do once in a while too. It sounds like we've got the same deal going with our younger sibs. My brother is one of those charming, goodlooking, fun to be around and brave people who always have a million things going on and who has got more friends that I can even start to beging to care to count! I'm pretty sure he can make a girl's head spin faster than i can get all flushed from simply thinking about a cute guy!I may be the older of the two of us, but if I have to be hornest I've always sorter looked up to him... (Now quite litterally because he's frigging 6'4" so even if i'm 5'11"-ish that still make me not so tall next to him.) I mean the skill of just meeting people and the world head on and not being all shy and acward about it is something I really wish I had.

One time the sibling-jealousy was really strong was when he despite having been a real brat and thrown tantrum after tantrum he somehow got a trip to Scotland from my parents... I know it was not really a reward for being a brat, but at the time it felt like it, and I'm not shy to admit that I felt rather angry about it.So yeah it happens for all of us...

OhBones

[43]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 18
    Oh, jealousy, are you kidding me? For one, Jaime Bergman...LOL, I mean, you know my dislike of children, but I would pop one out for the mayor! In all seriousness though, I don't know, since I am so fickle this topic runs about as deep as a puddle in the hot Alabama sun. I get pangs of jealousy, rather than a long standing relationship with the green eyed monster. I honestly can't recall a jealousy that has plagued me for a prolonged period of time, hmm, that may mean I am to flippant...or maybe not, I don't know. Either way, I am out, I got nothing...sorry I am so boring! I agree with Luv, only that this topic is weird for me, I wish I could put more

asaneismRnuTs

[44]Dec 3, 2007

Ok so it's happened! BONES is on break till Jan 4th - hey alot seems to happen that day! that's also when i end my internship! - and that means Mayor Boreanaz won't be making his weekly visits to a tv-screen near you - but have no fear! The GutterVille Book Club is here! Yes I know your make-shiftOprah has been slacking off lately but I will try to do better!

Since last topic was SO very HEAVY - seriously I don't know what I was thinking - I will try to make more with the giggles and good old fashioned family fun this time.

The required reading this time around is:

Angel

That's right! For those of you playing the home game and who maybe haven't watched the episode I'll give you the goods. This episode is a Klass A Klassic! Sure I've said that before but this one is FOR SURE!

To sum it up - this is the episode where we first catch a glimpse of Angel's past and find out who he is for real. It's also the first time we get a look at the goods so to speak, meaning that DB in one scene has to take off his shirt.HELLO SALTY GOODNESS! Turns out that Angel has a tattoo - oh boy does he ever! I mean it's some what SO 90's isn't it but also it's one of the things I sorter miss with Seeley, that tattoo right there on the right shoulder blade. Another first is Buffy and Angel's first kiss. Yes that's right - my B/A-Shipper heart still goes all pitter-patter when i think of that.

So I think we've found our subject or rather subjects. You see today my head is so all over the place and I did promise that I would pick a less hard thing to talk about.

1: I know it's totally mixy of two shows but hey the names charaters are sorter the same. In this episode Angel flashes Buffy some skin, boy does he ever. On another show we all watch another character with a very similar name; Angela flashes a guy at a check out counter some skin for infomation. Now my question is: Have you ever flashed anyone? For fun or for infomation?

2: Do you have any tattoos? I think the collective female and some of the guys too part of the JossVerse fanbase has at one point had the urge to lick that patch of skin on DB's back after having seen that fake-tatt! Don't deny it I know I'm right!

3. First kiss? Come on I had to ask!!! I think mine was with a guy called Jonas. It was all acward and not the best ever experience, however the first time I kissed Boyfriend! Oh boy that's the kiss i'll compair any other kisses to!

OhBones

[45]Dec 3, 2007
    • level: 18

asaneismRnuTs wrote:

1: I know it's totally mixy of two shows but hey the names charaters are sorter the same. In this episode Angel flashes Buffy some skin, boy does he ever. On another show we all watch another character with a very similar name; Angela flashes a guy at a check out counter some skin for infomation. Now my question is: Have you ever flashed anyone? For fun or for infomation?

2: Do you have any tattoos? I think the collective female and some of the guys too part of the JossVerse fanbase has at one point had the urge to lick that patch of skin on DB's back after having seen that fake-tatt! Don't deny it I know I'm right!

3. First kiss? Come on I had to ask!!! I think mine was with a guy called Jonas. It was all acward and not the best ever experience, however the first time I kissed Boyfriend! Oh boy that's the kiss i'll compair any other kisses to!

HELLO!!!! You answered the last one, and I know the answer to the second one for sure, and kinda think I know the answer to the first too, but you didn't answer them for people unfortunate enough to not share a brain with you! Anyways, here are my answers:

Nope, never flashed anyone, well, intentionally as far as I know, cause there was a time when I was rather reckless with where my *ahem* extra curricular activities *ahem* took place, I had a big jones for public places, but that is an entirely different conversation! LOL So the short answer to # 1, no, never flashed anyone knowingly.

Another negative. I am highly fickle by nature, and I just know I would decide to get one and the next day wake up and be like "What th f* were you thinking?!" Although, the more I think about it, I kinda want a Red Wings symbol somewhere....but haven't gotten any tattoo's yet.

And first kiss, aww, geez, well,it was in eigth grade. It was with my first "real" boyfriend, well, as real of a boyfriend that you can have in eigth grade in Catholic school, (all hand holding and stupidstuff). It was on our 8th gradegraduation trip to Disneyland, and he lost his nerve the first time, so we had to go back through the Haunted House ride, so he could plantone on me. It was so quick that I remember wondering if it even happened.I do remember were it was though, it was in front of those mirrors that reflect a "ghost" into your little seat thing, and all I could thinkwas "Oh, great, everyone could see our reflection in the mirror!"I asked my firends that werein the surrounding chairs if they saw, and they were like "No, did it happen?"

So yeah, first one not impressive, andonly one has made me a littleweak in the knees, but that is another story, and I really don't wanna get into the rehashing of "where Iwent wrong with the perfect guy" thing again! Ha, and you thought this was light subject matter T!

asaneismRnuTs

[46]Dec 7, 2007

Ah OhB I should have known I couldn't sneak that past you!

Yes I have a tatt Have had it for close to 7 years now... got it about 2 weeks after my 18th birthday and I still love it.

Have I flashed anyone? What do you think? Hell yes I have! Ok so I did it Angela style and kept my bra on so maybe it doesn't count and I was also somewhat drunk so the details as to why we decided to flash someone is pretty much hazy but I've done it.