David Hewlett

David Hewlett Fan Reviews (9)

• David Hewlett as Dr Rodney McKay.

I have to admit, when this character first appeared in SG-1, alongside Amanda Tapping and the rest of the cast, I didn't like him at all. He was annoying and challenged Sam Carter (Tapping), not just intellectually but morally too. He bugged me because what he said was plausible and there stood a chance that he would be right and Carter would be wrong. After a few episodes of disliking him intently, he made the transition from reoccurring SG-1 character, to Stargate Atlantis (SGA) regular.

The Rodney McKay of SG-1 was a pain in the neck, but the Rodney of SGA is brilliantly quirky. David Hewlett plays this character extremely well. He (Rodney) not only entertains the audience but the rest of the cast too. He's a hypochondriac, annoyingly smart, arrogant and awful with women, but his quirky-squirmishness sets a scene of comedy, where many sci-fi shows can be seen as perhaps stiff and dry. He is by far the funniest character of the show and that makes him very entertaining to watch. Who said techno babble was boring, not I.

Thumbs up to you David!

Thumbs up to you David!
  • I love the way he acts. I think he helps make stargate Atlantis. Plus I think he's kinda sexy..

As an actor I do think David is one of the best on T.V.
    It doesn't hurt that he has to be the cutest white boy I have seen in a while. No but really he is one of the main actors in stargate Atlantis and he does help to make the show. I can not imagin an esposode with out him. He has evolved well in to the role he plays over the last few years. I can not waite to see what this season on Stargate Atlantis will bring and to see David again. Ow but it would be nice to see him with out his shirt..lol...
  • He is my hero!

I absolutly love David Hewlett. He is handsome, does great acting (Stargate Atlantis) and, well, is just great all around. I love the roll he plays in Stargate Atlantis: Dr. Rodney McKay. He is my favourite character on the show. The show wouldn't be the same (and would be quite boring, IMO)without his sarcastic remarks and looks he pulls! He is so good that I (personally) think that he should have his own talk show. He is so talented and when he goes all funny, I can't help but roll on the floor laughing. He is a really talented actor.
  • My thoughts on David

David Hewlett is one hell of an actor. He is one of the few actors who is able to get me so caught up in the story and the show that I forget for a short time that it is a show. He is wonderfully talented, bringins so much out of the character Rodney McKay that you simply have to admire the man for being able to make such an origninally unlikeable character likable. His body language is great, and he is not afraid to use it. He seems to get so caught up with the character that one is easily able to believe that there really is a Rodney McKay. Good go, David.
  • great character!!!

David hewlet was born on April 18th, 1968 in Redhill, Surrey, UK, but he was raised in Canada. He is the oldest of 5 siblings, he's got 4 younger sisters, two of which are named Kate and Moyra. The highschool he attended was Toronto's St. George's College Choir School for Boys.David got his firstcomputer, a Commodore 64, in his mid-teens. David plays the role of scientiest Rodney McKay on the television show of a lost city. The show is called Stargate Atlantis. David Hewlet is one of the main characters in this show of many people he is one of the best.
  • great actor...

David Hewlett is an amazing actor. Unfortunately, I've only seen him in Stargate Atlantis so it's hard to judge him based on one role. However, he does amazing as Dr. McKay in Stargate Atlantis. He really becomes the charcter, which is a coward, self-preserving, "holier-than-thou", better than you, smart butt scientist. His character is halarious and his acting is on point. I would love to see him in something else because he does such a good job in Stargate Atlantis. However, he could just be good as McKay. Some actors are only good in one type of role, which makes them not very good actors. Oh well, Hewlett does great in Atlantis.
  • David is an awesome actor.

i di not realise how many things (t.v. shows, movies, etc.) David Hewlett has been in. i recently saw Pin, which was really cool. he is such a good actor. AND he\'s from Canada, which makes him even cooler. i love him as Mckay the smarmy jerk HA! he is the perfect person to play that bacause he does it so well. i dont think anyone else could pull that off. Mckay\'s little crush on sam is so cute but i think he needs a love interest on Atlantis, it\'s been so long since the one in \"Duet.\" I have not seen everything that David Hewlett has been in but i can\'t wait to. i will make it a goal in life to watch everything he was ever in :D
  • wow

this guy is amazing I love him, the best sci Fi charecter ever maybe, he is smart, just a bit annoying and kind of cute.. as much as he tries to pretend he is the most important. he is brave at unexpected times gotta love rodney.. no one else is quite like him
  • The absolute best of the atlantis crew. David Hewlett takes atlantis to a higher level with his superb interpretation of the humourous and sarcastic scientist.

A diverse actor who can portrait everything from a psychotic serial killer to the most loving next door neighbour. His skills really gets the chance to surface in atlantis though, where we see him ranging from the self-absorbed humoristic and brilliant scientist to a woman trapped inside a mans body.

David Hewlett is by my opinion the greatest addition to stargate since Richard Dean Anderson. His character brings comedy to the show and makes the whole thing just that much more enjoyable to watch. I hope we'll be seeing much more of him in the future, either in feature films or on television.