David Schwimmer

David Schwimmer Fan Reviews (28)

• I know I am the odd man out here...

...but along with Jason Alexander and Julia Louis Dreyfus, David Schwimmer is one of my least favourite performers.

Saddled with a loser of a character in Friends and further stereotyped in the otherwise fun and funny movie Six Days, Seven Nights, DS does nothing for me as an actor or comedian.

I don't doubt that he has some great talents in the business and I understand he has been doing some things creatively behind the scenes. And that's fine with me.

There is just nothing of his on screen work I have seen that inspires me to see him on screen again.
  • empty

He is kind of cool but in some different angle he sometimes loses the road. His face always seems to see like he is kind of bored or something, but that is something, he is a good actor, though. I like him on Friends.
  • empty

David Schwimmer really made a name for himself when he was one of the six stars on the wildly popular "Friends." His sense of comedic timing is very well honed and he always brings a sense of originality to his television and film roles.
  • Talented allrounder

Most people will remember David Schwimmer as dopey Ross from Friends, but he is a lot more than that. He is also an accomplsihed director, directing numerous episodes of friends whilst also starring in them. He's made a few low key films, which were not as good as they should have been, but he himself is an advertising tool for the films in which he stars in. He also starred ni Band of Brothers, Blossom and The Wonder Years (I did not know that) Its a shame he isn't so recognised any more, but he deserves to be. David rocks
  • To me he is "Ross" and will always be.

Good actor. Funny.
  • Ros power!!!

I must say that I like his role in the popular 'Friends' where he plays smart, but still annoying Ros Geller. I really liked 'Friends' and still do and I was very sad when they ended. Who knows?! Maybe they'll make a Thanksgiving ep!!! Anyways, I also watched him in a few movies, like 'Madagascar' where he played a crazy and worrywart giraffe! I've heard a rumour that they're making a second part and I would really like to see it!
  • Great Interview with David Schwimmer about him directing Run Fatboy Run http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ3vPmbFG2s

Hooman interviews David Schwimmer, the director of the movie "Run Fatboy Run". David nails Hooman on a little speech slip-up and shows his sense of humor. Hear David's greatest challenges in directing this independent film, which is shot in London and stars Simon Pegg of "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz". He also tells us about 'the puss scene' that takes place while Simon's character Dennis attempts to run a marathon. The former star of Friends also talks about his future as an actor, including his role in the upcoming political thriller, "Nothing But The Truth" where he costars with beauty Kate Beckinsale (Schwimmer's most recent prior acting appearance was on an episode of "30 Rock"). David also tells us what's up with him and Larry David, what TV shows he watches and his opinion of reality television. Find out what 'national hero' was once in David's comedy improv group!
  • David Schwimmer is my all-time favourite actor.not only does he prevail excellence of his character,but he portrays him in such a way the character will stay with you forever.

david Schwimmer is so down-to-earth.hes been through what we all have-even worse,and yet he's come out to be perfectly logical and understanding.he's not too flattering,and everyone can look up to him as a model.its the way he contributes to society,and yet here is is this handsome actor that deliberates his character.ross geller is almost poised to have such a personality that will stick with us forever.i wish we could see more of him!we can almost sense that schwimmer was not always the alter-ego he is now, and that makes the reality more true. but its the way hes impacted the society-not only with joie de vivre acting but also hes countless humanitarian efforts; it all makes him that one step dominant.
  • Great flavor to friends

Mostly notable for his Character Ross in Friends. His acting on Friends is superb. He is extremely talented. Mainly I like his facial expressions in the character Ross. He was able show witty side of an academic, while keeping romantic side as well. If you look carefully, all the major events of Friends happen around Ross. He shows a guy full of everything. He added nice flavor to gang of friends.
    A big fan David or should I rather say of ‘Ross Gellar’.
  • Gore dolu

If one were to base one's judgment of David Schwimmer's talent on his low-key performance as the anxious, awkward but lovable paleontologist Ross on NBC's smash hit comedy Friends, one might never suspect that beneath the affable exterior lies a versatile, multi-talented actor and filmmaker. Tall, dark-haired, and lanky, Schwimmer was born in Queens, but later raised in Southern California, where he attended the famed Beverly Hills High School. He then enrolled in Chicago's Northwestern University, where he briefly considered pursuing his family's traditional profession and becoming a lawyer, but by that time, the acting bug had bitten him deeply and he was committed to it. Following graduation from Northwestern, Schwimmer gained enough stage experience in Chicago theater to co-found the Lookingglass Theatre Company with fellow actors. Schwimmer remains passionate about his involvement with the troupe and has starred in or directed many of their productions. In 1989, he made the first of several attempts to break into Hollywood, when he was cast as a killer in the made-for-TV thriller A Deadly Silence
  • I absolutely love David Schwimmer, he is real talented in my opinion.

David has great talent. I know him best from Friends, where he played Ross. He did a great job in Friends, and nobody could of played that role better than he did. He is very funny, especially in Friends and I think he has amazing talent. I have not seen him in any movies, but I do know he has a voice role in Madagascar and also in Madagascar 2: The Great Escape as Melman. I'm sure he was great in the movies he did... I have not seen any from what I remember but I'm sure they must be good. Friends was great though, I know that for a fact and Ross was just so funny.
  • Such a funny actor!

For some who say he gets upstaged by others, why would the CDs shose him for the part if he was a bad actor? I personally like his physical comedy (touching something hot, his karate, and stuff like that). I don't think vocal acting suites him that well, he should be working for comedy.
  • i have been following this blog since he's i guess best friends with david schwimmer, then i came across THIS gem http://bit.ly/b3BJGd and i JUST bought tickets to the screening and after event of his new movie, TRUST!

i love schwimmer, i always will! i have been following this guys' blog since he's i guess best friends with david schwimmer and he just seems to be a cool, nice chicago guys - well anyway i came across THIS gem http://bit.ly/b3BJGd and i JUST bought tickets to the screening and after event of his new movie, TRUST! he wrote and directed it and i actually saw it as a play at lookingglass theatre and oh my god was it good. he is obviously a crazily talented actor, director and writer. i REALLY hope i get to meet him at rockit, could you imagine????
  • So talented!

Funny, talented, charming. He's got it all. And although he did make us all love him as the loveable Ross, there's more to David than that. After Friends, he's proven to be an ambitious filmmaker and actor, having directed a big studio romantic comedy and acted in the West End. He even voiced a goofy giraffe for Dreamworks' Madagascar I and II and played a drunken father trying to get his act together in the indie drama Duane Hopwood. And, last but not least, when the whole world saw him as 'just Ross', he played badass Lt. Sobel in the hit HBO miniseries Band of Brothers. That's David: versatile.

I wish more people could see how talented and great David is. Tood bad, their loss.
  • Most famous for role on friends

David is most famous for the role he played on the famous sitcom, Friends. In the show Ross has the biggest stroyline along with Jennifer Anistons character, Rachel. In the show he plays kind of a goofy guy who has a tough time getting on his feet, but everything works out in the end for him
  • He really puts on the personality in Friends.

I love his personality that he gives Ross in Friends. He is so funny. He agrees with everyone even if it isn't how he really feels and it is so funny how he does that and changes his voice real hi and says "yeah!". He is an asset to that show. Talented actor.
  • friends is da best so is he

his geeky fun character on friends just made me laugh and i just want to say he is da best
  • Just... Unbelievably good!

If one were to base one's judgment of David Schwimmer's talent on his low-key performance as the anxious, awkward but lovable paleontologist Ross on NBC's smash hit comedy Friends, one might never suspect that beneath the affable exterior lies a versatile, multi-talented actor and filmmaker.Tall, dark-haired, and lanky, Schwimmer was born in Queens, but later raised in Southern California, where he attended the famed Beverly Hills High School. He then enrolled in Chicago's Northwestern University, where he briefly considered pursuing his family's traditional profession and becoming a lawyer, but by that time, the acting bug had bitten him deeply and he was committed to it. Following graduation from Northwestern, Schwimmer gained enough stage experience in Chicago theater to co-found the Lookingglass Theatre Company with fellow actors. Schwimmer remains passionate about his involvement with the troupe and has starred in or directed many of their productions.
  • Definately one of those actors who is known for their comedy, but has such an amazing range that they can do drama, comedy, or anything asked of them.

When most people hear the name "David Schwimmer", they almost automatically think "Ross from Friends", but David should be known for more than that. He's an amazing director as well, [10 "Friends" episodes, 2 episodes of "Joey", and most recently "Run Fat Boy Run"]. Though David has been stereotyped as "Ross", his range as an actor is phenomenal, and if given the opportunity I believe he will be known as one of the best and most passionate actors of our generation. Furthermore, he proved with "Run Fatboy Run" that he is also a force to be reckoned with in the directorial world as well. David is seemingly a "double threat" in the entertainment world, and I can't wait to see what he does next!
  • Famous actor, best known for his work on Friends.

David Schwimmer is such a talented actor. He brings Ross to life. He is so talented and portrays the role of Ross Geller beautifully. He was so good in Friends. He is such a funny person. He is so perfect for Friends. His acting is so admirable. He is a personal favorite of mine. David Schwimmer is above average and I believe he is not used as frequently as he should be. I think David is definitely one of the all time greats. He is definitely an acting icon. He is one of my favorite actors of all time and is definitely one of my favorites.
  • Awesome...!

What can I say about this man? He is a very, very talented actor. He has done many movies, tv shows and Directed alot of things. David is best known for his work on the US, TV hit show Friends. He played Ross Geller and he was awesome, he was so funny, and so cute. I loved the way he acted towards the show. I'm happy that he was went far in life, with his acting and also directing. I miss him on Friends, I just wish that was still airing. All in all he is a very talented actor and a very cute one too.
  • Famous actor, best known for his work on Friends.

David Schwimmer is such a talented actor. He brings Ross to life. He is so talented and portrays the role of Ross Geller beautifully. He was so good in Friends. He is such a funny person. He is so perfect for Friends. His acting is so admirable. He is a personal favorite of mine. David Schwimmer is above average and I believe he is not used as frequently as he should be. I think David is definately one of the all time greats. He is definately an acting icon. He is one of my favorite actors of all time and is definately one of my favorites.
  • The best actor and the best character in Friends

David Schwimmer is known by Ross Geller the dorky guy in F.R.I.E.N.D.S . But that tag really bothers him. David is a really talented actor and he wants to be known for his work and not because he was Ross for ten years. That's why in Kissing a fool David plays a characters who is totally the opposite of Ross ! He really proved us that he can do any character.

But personnaly, the best movie is ever been in is Duane Hopwood. An alchoolic who lost his wife and kids. So touching ! Watch it I swear ! The best movie ever!
  • Amazing

He really was amazing through all ten years of the hit show friends, epsecially in the rachel and roos love problems which i loved and the last seris he was great in especially the last episode i thought wonderful it really caught everyone attention just wanting him to finally win his perfect woman i.e Rachel. he brought a certain humour to the show which wouldn't be the same without him,and he was one sixth of the reason why the show was so great. i loved every moment of it and thought it was turely great, even though ross did get a bit annoying sometimes but that was the characyter not David himself, he is a great actor and really deserves to go much futher, its a shame his friends career ended but im sure we will see him again in many more great t.v seris or films to come. cant wait for his comeback, good luck to him.
  • He is the best i love him!

He has those sweet little puppy eyes! Like Jen said. Oh i love his acting, especially in my fav show FRIENDS! He is a man that shows a lot of feelings in his caracter. I just love the way he played Ross geller, and I love his movies. I am really a big fan of him!
  • Hi I'm Colombian woman and i love friends, specially David Schwimmer, he is so lovely and very funny

Lo unico que puedo decir es que el personaje de Ross es muy tierno, encantador, me encanta. Todos los personajes de Friends son muy apropiados para sus papeles por que supieron interpretar las caracteristicas de cada uno, en mi opinion son actores muy profesionales. friends me hizo reir muchisimo y en particular puedo decirles que en Colombia tienen bastantes fans.
  • David Schwimmer stars as DUANE HOPWOOD, a down-on-his-luck divorced father who works the night shift as a pit boss at Caesars Palace in Atlantic City.

Duane Hopwood, starring David Schwimmer opened this past Friday, 11/11, in Philadelphia and will be opening at the Loews Pipers Alley Theatre in Chicago this weekend, 11/18. David Schwimmer will be in attendance for the 7pm Friday and Saturday evening shows to do a Q&A after the film. For more information, contact the theatre at 312-642-7500.

David Schwimmer stars as DUANE HOPWOOD, a down-on-his-luck divorced father who works the night shift as a pit boss at Caesars Palace in Atlantic City. Heartsick about the demise of his marriage to Linda (Janeane Garofolo), Duane does nothing much in his daily life but work and drink. When his visitation rights are threatened after he’s caught driving while intoxicated with his daughter in the backseat, Duane confronts the realization that the time has come to get his life back on track before he loses everything. A moving and humorous look at the limits of unconditional love, what defines a family, and how we’re all responsible for our own happiness.
  • Funny and talanted

David is sooo funny and talanted. I've just watched "Madagascar" and realised even only his voice can be so funny, I love him. In Friends, he's one of the funniest, great actor at all. Seriously, it would be great if he had a show, like the Joey show, or just see him in another comedy serial. 10/10 for that guy.