Dean Cain

Forums: Dean Cain Board: Save Las Vegas 2008 Campaign

seriesmoviesfan

[1]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 2

The future of Las Vegas isn't looking bright. NBC is seriously thinking of cancelling the show even tough the 5th season ended with a cliffhanger. Dean Cain was supposed to come for a few episodes in season 5, but the strike made it impossible. So his story was moved to the 6th season. So if you are a fan of Dean Cain/Casey Manning/Las Vegas and to see Dean bacl in Las Vegas help the "Save Las Vegas 2008" Campaign by writing letters or send posting cards or send baby socks and booties to the following people:

Marc Graboff
    NBC
    3000 West Alameda Ave.
    Admin Building
    Burbank, CA 91523
    USA (only include the USA part if you don't live in the US)

Jeff Zucker
    NBC
    3000 W. Alameda
    Burbank, CA 91523

Ben Silverman
    NBC
    3000 W. Alameda
    Admin Building
    Burbank, CA 91523

Get your friends, family or collegues in this campaign as well. I'm keeping a head count of people who are participating in this campaign. Let me know if you are participating.

Source: http://lasvegas-theseries.com/campaign08.html

http://lasvegas-theseries.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1941

Thanks in advance.

A Dean Cain & Las Vegas fan

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mrs_Tom_Welling

[2]Feb 28, 2008
    • level: 9

Confirmed: Las Vegas leveled

By Tim Surette - TV.com February 27, 2008 at 05:21:00 PM | more stories by this author

Show runner confirms cancellation of Sin City-based drama; cliffhanger ending probably won't get resolved.

Late last week, reports began hitting the Web saying that Las Vegas was not exactly tight with Lady Luck. The NBC drama was reportedly the first victim of the poststrike era, and was being cancelled part of the way through its fifth season.

Earlier this week, show runner Gary Scott Thompson confirmed the news to TVGuide.com, saying, "The strike did us in." NBC has yet to comment on the decision.

For fans of the show, the news is particularly biting. The last episode filmed before the strike stopped production ended on a cliffhanger and was meant to be part one of a two-part episode. Now, it's unlikely that the loose ends will ever be tied up, and Thompson doesn't sound too positive on the possibility of resolving things with a straight-to-DVD episode or two-hour wrap-up finale.

"At the end of the day, that's NBC's decision," Thompson told TVGuide. "It's a monetary decision. You know, I sold my soul to get a season five, so I didn't have a soul left to sell. We fought an uphill battle from day one. We were the little big show that could."

As is the case with recently canceled shows, fans are rallying around a "save the show" campaign by sending in items to the network that axed the show. This time, fans are sending in baby booties, given that two characters were just about to become parents before the show ended.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.