Denver Pyle

Denver Pyle Fan Reviews (2)

• Denver Pyle, One of THE all-time greatest actors and a Great Role Model for young America

I know that Denver Pyle was only playing the part of Uncle Jesse on the Dukes of Hazzard TV show. This is a show that as a child, I watched religiously. As a teen had troubles of my own when it came to family. Watching and enjoying the show and Uncle Jesse always helped me. Even if only for an hour on Friday night's. Now even as an adult, I still enjoy watching Uncle Jesse and his kin do the right thing, and I know that my children enjoy watching now too. I have another family, a family I could respect and look up to, A family that didn't have anything and at the same time had everything. In my opinion Denver is one of the all-time greats and though he has passed, he will always be an extension of my family and he will be sorely missed. God Bless Denver.
  • He was in everything from Western Movies to tv shows.

He was a very effective actor. He played first a backwoods person named Darling on the show Andy Griffith. He was great in that part. But my favorite part he played was that of Uncle Jesse on the Dukes of Hazzard. He played a man who had been an ex-moon shiner. He was raising three young people who where his niece Daisy and his two nephews Bo and Luke. He would try to keep them in line and really cared for them. He could also not lie. He was very good at the part. He always tried to do something to help without doing something illegal. He was an ex-moon shiner but he made a deal with his government not to do it and he kept it. He was very good at the roll.