Derek Jeter

Derek Jeter Fan Reviews (10)

• Good player.

I'd say that Derek Jeter is a clutch player who has a knack of winning games when it counts. Basically, he is one of the best clutch hitters in the game of baseball. Defensively, he is pretty good. The thing that does bother me is the fact that people think he is one of the game's best players. I have to disagree with that as I think that he plays on a loaded team filled with hitters to protect him. He's good, but he isn't one of the best, nor will he ever be. Overall, he is a very talented player. Thank you.
  • Derek Jeter, a.k.a. "Mr. November", is currently the shortstop for the New York Yankees. Born on June 26, 1974 in Pequannock, NJ, he is perhaps one of the most famous players in MLB today.

Not only am I an Orioles fan, I am also a Red Sox fan, so anything nice I say about the Yankees is coming straight from the heart. I truly admire Derek Jeter. He is, in my opinion, one of the best MLB players ever, yet still very unassuming and down-to-earth. I had heard of Jeter before, but I didn't know much about him until I was watching the "Taco Hole" and other skits a few months ago on the SNL Sports Live Extra. I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time, and was curious if he was involved in other comedic acts, so I looked him up on the internet. It said that he is involved with many charities, and even founded one to help kids to not choose to do drugs. I think it's amazing how much he has done, and wish him the best of luck in everything he does!
  • Derek Jeter is a fantastic baseball player currently playing for the New York Yankees. He is their captain and plays as their shortstop! He is very athletic and talented, and has been the MVP numerous times!!!!!!!!!!

I love Derek Jeter. He is my basebal role model!Derek Jeter is a fantastic baseball player currently playing for the New York Yankees. He is their captain and plays as their shortstop! He is very athletic and talented, and has been the MVP numerous times! He has an extremely fantastic batting average! He is not the home-run type of player though.He does have alot though! Derek Jeter is not only a good baseball player but a good person too! That's why he is the Yankee captain. He has dated many hot celebrities including Mariah Carey, Vanessa Minnillo,Jordana Brewster,Jessica Biel, and the hottest of them all Jessica Alba!I play and love baseball. I also play as a shortstop! Go Derek Jeter! You're the best!!!!!!!!
  • Great player and shortstop. Hes no David Eckstein but close enough.

A Yankee fan`s favorite is Jeter. Yankees are my second favorite team after the Cardinals and Derek is my 3rd favorite Yankee. He hits good for a shortstop and very fast.
    Lots of people hate Jeter cause hes a Yankee well theyve won the most World Series and Jeter is a future Hall of Famer and whoever says he sucks Id like to see them do a better job. Another thing I can say about Jeter is his number will be retired. Jeter is one of the best SS in MLB history and he plays for a great team. He deserves a 10/10.
  • Derek Jeter is my favorite player and my idol.

Derek Jeter, in my opinion, is the best player of all time (other than Babe Ruth). He is great on defense, with multiple gold glove awards. He is also excellent on offense. He might not get many home runs, but he can get on base, steal, drive in runs or set up somebody to drive him in. The yankees win many games with Derek on the team. Ever since he became a yankee in 1996, he has helped the yankees dearly. He is always alert and he knows where he has to be on every play. You could ask anybody, and they will tell you that Derek Jeter is the best short stop in current days.
  • One of the best shortstops in baseball...

Derek Jeter is one of the best baseball players today, he plays for one of the best teams, if not the best team of all-time, the Yankees. That puts a lot of pressure on a player, playing in front of a large crowd in a major city, and he has accepted the pressure of being a Yankee. He's won gold gloves for his defense at shortstop, and has been the lead-off hitter for most of his career up to last season. He's a tough out for any pitcher since he has a high on-base percentage, and he's not afraid to test the catcher's arm strength to steal a base or 2 in a game. Overall Derek Jeter plays the positon of team captain well, and leads his team each night to the expectations of their fans.
  • Derek Jeter is the perfect teammate and probably the best role model there is in sports.

Derek Jeter is my favorite athlete despite the fact that he completely ruined my Oakland A's a few years ago in the playoffs. I've read his autobiography and I really think this guy is a good inspiration for those who want to accomplish their dreams. Jeter works harder than the other players in the league and makes the most of his talent. He's also a great leader that comes up big in clutch situations and is loved by all his teammates. The guy performs admirably off the field as well. He has his own charity organization called turn 2 and has never done anything stupid in the New York spotlight. He's 31, rich, handsome, and still not married! He values marriage so much that he's willing to find his perfect match rather than simply hook up with other famous people like most celebrities do. Jeter might be the only athlete that I consider my role model and when I have a son, I'll be hoping that he turns out like Mr. Jeter.
  • Derek Jeter is a great role model for all kids. He has a great personality, and doesnt only care about himself...not to mention that hes a real hottie =).

Derek Jeter is a great role model for all kids. He has a great personality, and doesnt only care about himself...not to mention that hes a real hottie =).I\\\'m sooooooooo glad that he plays for the NY Yankees [my favorite team! =)] No wonder he\\\'s the Yankees captain! Not only does he field/play defense well he also is a GREAT hitter!
  • Not the most talented, but the hardest worker.

Derek Jeter played 15 games with the New York Yankees in 1995; the next year he established himself as the team\'s regular shortstop and quickly became an all star. The Yankees won the World Series four times in Jeter's first five full years on the job. He was named the team's captain in 2003, becoming the first Yankee captain since Don Mattingly's retirement in 1995. In the early 2000s he was often compared with fellow shortstop prodigies Nomar Garciaparra and Alex Rodriguez. Derek hustles on every play and does anything to win. Even as a Met fan I love how he plays, and how he performs in the clutch. He's a definte Hall of Famer.
  • What a tremendous ballplayer! Derek is one of the Yankee greats, and I know he'll go down in Yankee history as being one of the best shortstops to ever play the game of baseball.When somebody beans him, he doesn't start any fights and he doesn't argue. He

If you look at all of the Yankee greats-Ruth, Gherig, DiMaggio, Rizzuto, Berra, Mantle, Maris, Howard, Jackson, Mattingly, Guidry-you see that Derek Jeter will some day rank up there with all of the aforementioned players. He truly is a great player, and I know that he will live forever in the minds of the Yankee fans. Obviously, he wouldn't be captain of the best team in baseball if he wasn't a great player. He owns 6 AL pennants, 4 World Series rings, and he is by far one of the most popular players to ever put on the Yankee pinstripes.