Dick Martin

Dick Martin Fan Reviews (2)

• Laugh In is was one of my earliest television memories and I am sure the shows fast pace was so appealing to my young attention and nonexistent span

This is going to sound very strange. A few days ago I was in contact with Dave White (Talking Television With Dave White) and we were talking about me being on his June 3rd show to discuss Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In.

Laugh In is was one of my earliest television memories and I am sure the shows fast pace was so appealing to my young attention and nonexistent span.

Last night I was doing some research on the show and was especially enjoying the following interview for the Archive of American Television http://tvinterviewsarchive.blogspot.com/2008/01/look-that-up-in-your-funk-and-wagnalls.html

You can imagine my shock and surprise when I wake up this morning to learn that Dick Martin died last night. He was an amazing comedian, actor, writer and director. I will be talking about Mr. Martin very soon, but for right now it is just comforting to know that Dan & Dick are back together again.

Dan Rowan: "Say good night, Dick."

Dick Martin: "Good night, Dick!"

Stay Tuned

Tony Figueroa
  • Prefer better over Dan Rowan!

Our now dearly departed friend who passed away at 86. As I grew up watching his show and that he continued to be active in both talk shows and game shows. Showing that he was really charming and funny. Dan Rowan was more of the straight man as Dick was the funny one. But I think that I heard Dick was a lot more nicer and Dan just wasn't a nice guy off screen. The guy will be missed as hopefully his show will be put on DVD in the not too distant future. RIP Dick, you will be very much missed!